MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2006, 09:03 AM   #61
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

civious...........so what were the tickets for? were they legit tickets?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
richmond cop beats dui, back writing tickets craigntx Off Topic 33 07-22-2010 08:03 PM
Our club band at Crazy Oaks / Pancho afterparty ScooterTrash Off Topic 2 06-30-2010 04:31 PM
Our club band playing the Trash bar in Humble, friday night ScooterTrash Off Topic 6 07-25-2009 08:01 AM
cop beats female bartender Rick G Off Topic 13 06-24-2009 09:25 AM
Cop beats woman? Max Off Topic 24 03-23-2007 03:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #62
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I don't know the whole story, but based on just the video it looks pretty out of control. Why would an officer try to break up a large party solo?

I've got the greatest respect for anyone who is a police officer, it is a thankless job, but a necessary one.

Unfortunately the police force hires from the human gene pool, so some of these guys aren't what they should be.
When an officer crosses the line like this, it just makes all of the rest of the good ones look bad as well.

I hope the truth comes out and those deserving are punished.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:21 AM   #63
civicious

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
TZR250

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
civious...........so what were the tickets for? were they legit tickets?
Speeding, no proof of insurance, no vehicle inspection...which, like I said, there were cars PASSING me, and not like one or two cars, but TRAFFIC was passing me...I woah'd the **** up as soon as I saw the cop car from a ways down the road, and even then I wasn't going that much over the speed limit. On the no insurance/inspection thing, I had literally bought the bike 20 minutes before from a dealership (On The Border cycles or something like that, down in Pasadena), and had all the paperwork and bill of sale and so forth...and I actually HAD insurance on the bike, because I had called my insurance company that morning and had them add it to my policy...

I suppose in some senses they COULD be legit tickets, but not in others...at any rate, I got out of all of them scot-free, and the officer was VERY unprofessional in how he handled the situation...and believe it or not, I was COMPLETELY respectful, and did not argue at all...'yes sir, no sir' the whole time (which is probably part of the reason I got off from everything (short of D. Sprecher's badass law skills))...
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:25 AM   #64
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

This cop was just being an a-hole and obviously didn't know WTF he was doing. Yes, there are cops who are just plain stupid and don't know .

I have an idiot neighbor who gets the cops called on him at least once a month. I'm usually outside and they almost always come over and talk to me. They're always courteous and they always get the job done without arresting, tazering, or wrestling people to the ground.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:05 AM   #65
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Back in my high school/early college years, I had a convertable, slammed ( I mean really slammed!!) mini truck that was very recognizable. I always had the 2-15", 2-10" and 2-8" and 12 various highs pumping to some tunes and I was always getting pulled over. Even when I didn't have the music playing, I got pulled over. It became too much and I was spending most of my time in court. The cops would never show up. They could only give me BS type tickets like my headlights too low, tailights too low, frame too low...etc. They always had the suspision that I was into drugs and criminal activity. They always tore apart the truck doing searches. I had gained my reputation though among these officers. The same ones would pull me over and let their rookies write the tickets so that I couldn't make a complaint against the same officers that were always pulling me over. My parents never believed me that I wasn't doing anything wrong until one night. They took out my truck and got pulled over 2 times before they could make it home. I laughed my off. I ended up getting rid of the truck shortly after that and all of my harrasment stopped. Were they right in pulling me over all the time and doing those searches and such? Probably not cause they were generalizing, however, my truck was too low according to DOT regulations. So I guess yes.

At the time, I too thought that it was BS and I was at the cops. What I have learned is that cops will tend to pick on the youth. Why you may ask? Well the statistics are against you. Youths are responsible for a lot of criminal activities. Sure it hurts, makes you mad, upset and puts a bad taste in your mouth right now, but when you get older (I am only 30) you will look back and see why all of this happens. A few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. It happens on both sides of the law. , riding a sportbike should teach you all that quite well.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:10 AM   #66
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx
Back in my high school/early college years, I had a convertable, slammed ( I mean really slammed!!) mini truck that was very recognizable. I always had the 2-15", 2-10" and 2-8" and 12 various highs pumping to some tunes and I was always getting pulled over. Even when I didn't have the music playing, I got pulled over. It became too much and I was spending most of my time in court. The cops would never show up. They could only give me BS type tickets like my headlights too low, tailights too low, frame too low...etc. They always had the suspision that I was into drugs and criminal activity. They always tore apart the truck doing searches. I had gained my reputation though among these officers. The same ones would pull me over and let their rookies write the tickets so that I couldn't make a complaint against the same officers that were always pulling me over. My parents never believed me that I wasn't doing anything wrong until one night. They took out my truck and got pulled over 2 times before they could make it home. I laughed my off. I ended up getting rid of the truck shortly after that and all of my harrasment stopped. Were they right in pulling me over all the time and doing those searches and such? Probably not cause they were generalizing, however, my truck was too low according to DOT regulations. So I guess yes.
It goes to show you that all drug dealers need to drive corollas and minivans with soccer stickers in the back windows.
Gigolo Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:24 AM   #67
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I love cops! I sure hope I get my friendly tazing soon! Are they charging for that ride?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:46 AM   #68
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

i'll zap you for free.......just get me the tazer.......
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 10-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #69
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
i'll zap you for free.......just get me the tazer.......
MSF Bloopers Video in the making? :laughing6

Old 10-18-2006, 10:53 AM   #70
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

turn your head..............zzzzzzzz
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 10-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #71
andre3k
I see dead people...

Ok, heres my take on this,and its coming from and HPD Officer. Let me preface this by saying my opinion doesn't mean squat and doesn't represent the views of the Houston Police Dept. Ok, thats my legal disclaimer.

First off, I've been working a lot so I don't know all the details on this deal, only what I have heard from other officers and what I've read on the net. Here's the short version of the story that they told us in roll call.

The officer gets a loud noise call at the location. He goes in asks the band to lower the noise, they're like **** you, and crank the music back up. He gets the gets in someone's face, they have a pushing match and rest of the band get involved. The officer pulls out the taser, removes the air cartridge, and begins to dry stun people as they run up on him. Dry stun is basically using our tazer like a regular stun gun, for close up altercations. Next, out come the camera phones and video cameras.

Now this is all secondhand info, so I could be off on a few things. I don't think anyone else from MH was there as well, if so please chime in on this. So I really don't know what happened, on the people there and that officer. The video isn't that great but I could see him walking around and hear the tazer being discharged. I counted at least twice.

From what I've seen and heard I would have handled the situation differently and I think most officers would have as well. Typically on a loud noise, you call out a Sgt and pull out the SPL meter. If the noise is over a certain limit from 30 yds away, you write a citation to the business owner. This works in 99% of the cases b/c the clubowner doesn't want the ticket, and doesn't want the added attention from the local police. Problem solved.

It looks like this officer walked into a crowded club with no backup, didn't call out a sgt, didn't even attempt to use a SPL meter, started jackin with the band while they were on stage, and starts dry stunning people.

How does this one situation equate to the cops being on power trips and being corrupt, I don't know. But this officer made some serious mistakes when handling this call. Guaranteed he doesn't have job anymore. Guaranteed. They will put him on a desk while IAD does their thing, but he will be fired and probably wont get it back.

**RANT******
Yes you do have the gung-ho cops out there who wanna fight crime and put bad guys in jail, those are the guys who get into situations like this and lose their jobs. Then you have the majority that only do enough to make their supervisors happy and then go home. I would fall into the latter group. HPD doesn't want officers to police, they want us to sit back and make the public feel safe when they aren't. They say go catch criminals but they put so many restrictions on chasing them it ain't worth your time. The administration is a complete joke, the guys that make the decisions that effect y'all haven't been in a police car in 20+ years. So the officers see this and we play the game too. As far as corruption, there is no damned blue wall of silence or any of that mess. If you up guaranteed another cop is gonna snitch you out so they don't get into trouble.

Corruption is officers working with organized crime groups to launder money, or killing for hire, or judges showing preferential treatment. I see some guys get on here and they're like "I got a ticket for a wheelie on the freeway, the police, they're corrupt." I can't do anything but shake my head. If you wanna see corrupt police just go south of the border. Talk to a federale and see what happens. I wish there would be one week when all law enforcement in Houston would just go on strike, no tickets, no arrests, no cars on the street, nothing. Then people would see the difference that officers make.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:03 AM   #72
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
Ok, heres my take on this,and its coming from and HPD Officer. Let me preface this by saying my opinion doesn't mean squat and doesn't represent the views of the Houston Police Dept. Ok, thats my legal disclaimer.

First off, I've been working a lot so I don't know all the details on this deal, only what I have heard from other officers and what I've read on the net. Here's the short version of the story that they told us in roll call.

The officer gets a loud noise call at the location. He goes in asks the band to lower the noise, they're like **** you, and crank the music back up. He gets the gets in someone's face, they have a pushing match and rest of the band get involved. The officer pulls out the taser, removes the air cartridge, and begins to dry stun people as they run up on him. Dry stun is basically using our tazer like a regular stun gun, for close up altercations. Next, out come the camera phones and video cameras.

Now this is all secondhand info, so I could be off on a few things. I don't think anyone else from MH was there as well, if so please chime in on this. So I really don't know what happened, on the people there and that officer. The video isn't that great but I could see him walking around and hear the tazer being discharged. I counted at least twice.

From what I've seen and heard I would have handled the situation differently and I think most officers would have as well. Typically on a loud noise, you call out a Sgt and pull out the SPL meter. If the noise is over a certain limit from 30 yds away, you write a citation to the business owner. This works in 99% of the cases b/c the clubowner doesn't want the ticket, and doesn't want the added attention from the local police. Problem solved.

It looks like this officer walked into a crowded club with no backup, didn't call out a sgt, didn't even attempt to use a SPL meter, started jackin with the band while they were on stage, and starts dry stunning people.

How does this one situation equate to the cops being on power trips and being corrupt, I don't know. But this officer made some serious mistakes when handling this call. Guaranteed he doesn't have job anymore. Guaranteed. They will put him on a desk while IAD does their thing, but he will be fired and probably wont get it back.

**RANT******
Yes you do have the gung-ho cops out there who wanna fight crime and put bad guys in jail, those are the guys who get into situations like this and lose their jobs. Then you have the majority that only do enough to make their supervisors happy and then go home. I would fall into the latter group. HPD doesn't want officers to police, they want us to sit back and make the public feel safe when they aren't. They say go catch criminals but they put so many restrictions on chasing them it ain't worth your time. The administration is a complete joke, the guys that make the decisions that effect y'all haven't been in a police car in 20+ years. So the officers see this and we play the game too. As far as corruption, there is no damned blue wall of silence or any of that mess. If you up guaranteed another cop is gonna snitch you out so they don't get into trouble.

Corruption is officers working with organized crime groups to launder money, or killing for hire, or judges showing preferential treatment. I see some guys get on here and they're like "I got a ticket for a wheelie on the freeway, the police, they're corrupt." I can't do anything but shake my head. If you wanna see corrupt police just go south of the border. Talk to a federale and see what happens. I wish there would be one week when all law enforcement in Houston would just go on strike, no tickets, no arrests, no cars on the street, nothing. Then people would see the difference that officers make.
Nice post!

Unfortunately I have seen a friend of the family have to deal with being an HPD officer as well. What a sad situation.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:10 AM   #73
TxVrod

^^ ?? repost
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #74
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
repost lol. I think the cop handled it poorly and also the crowd took it bad. If a cop is trying to make an arrest even if it is wrong, don't interfiere because he will get and you are making things worst. Yes he is wrong but you can't pull him away not to make the arrest once he made up his mind. Let him make the arrest, take pictures, video and fight it in court. Also, i din't see or read about the 14tr boy being tazed? Maybe i missed it but what is a 14 year old doing in a bar? or maybe someone made that up to make the cop look worst.

I hope the thurth comes out
Old 10-18-2006, 11:26 AM   #75
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
Thanks for the opinion andre3k, I apprichate it. I will call myself out, if I think about it, I was using the word "corupt" too harshly. The meaning I was trying to use it in, is an officer going ape and tearing the whole place down, then making false acusations to make him seem like the better man.

What I heard was he asked for the music to be lowerd, and it was AT THE SOUND BOARD. The band had no idea what was going on, and the cop did not think it was lowered enough, so he went up on stage and started harassing the band, who had NO IDEA what was going on.
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:29 AM   #76
TxVrod

Now that you have at least SOME perspective from the side of HPD, I think you should now drop it and let IA do their job - whch they will, gladly, I can almos assure you.
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:42 AM   #77
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Yeah, I have a good friend in IAD...
Old 10-18-2006, 11:45 AM   #78
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
I wish there would be one week when all law enforcement in Houston would just go on strike, no tickets, no arrests, no cars on the street, nothing. .
+1
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:48 AM   #79
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

How do you get into IA?

Old 10-18-2006, 11:49 AM   #80
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

for the record MH doesnt support the bashing of law enforcement on this board. on with the civilized discussion!

Advertisement