MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
eltejano
I smell pretty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

County issuing permits for F1 circuit work

Coming together. So glad I live so close I could take a cab there. I work so close i can ride a bicycle there.

So glad Austin got this track.

Track Sign1

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/...type=ynews_rss

Quote:
Travis County officials on Wednesday began the process of issuing permits for the next round of construction at the Formula One racetrack southeast of Austin.

Once the permits are in hand, developers at the Circuit of the Americas can began laying foundations for four of the facility's most complex structures the main grandstands, pit buildings, and media and medical centers and constructing five retaining walls.

The fire marshal has to approve developers' plans for the structures on those foundations before that work can begin.

Developers on Wednesday said the foundation work will begin soon, and they hope to have all work completed before a provisional race date of June 17 .

County officials met Wednesday with circuit officials and developers for a progress update and to discuss traffic and emergency management plans.

"Our meeting today with the county was a regular update regarding construction progress at the site that concluded with the county issuing the next round of permits," track President Steve Sexton said in a statement.

Also Wednesday, it was announced that a meeting will be held Saturday by business executives who are acting on behalf of the city in dealing with the state comptroller's office in releasing $25 million in state funds toward the race.

The Circuit Events Local Organizing Committee, which was chosen by circuit officials, must comply with state open meetings laws, which include posting announcements about public meetings in advance. The group canceled a meeting planned for Monday because of a posting error at City Hall, a city spokeswoman and F1 attorney Richard Suttle said. The committee will meet downtown at noon Saturday at the offices of attorneys Armbrust and Brown, at 100 Congress Ave., according to a notice posted at the Travis County Courthouse.

Meanwhile, Bill Aleshire, who recently withdrew a lawsuit against Comptroller Susan Combs over the $25 million payment, on Wednesday filed an open-records request with her office seeking, among other things, records about when in 2012 the F1 race will be held and emails or other correspondence between her office and city employees or local organizing committee members.

"I don't think it would be in the public's interest for the next thing that we hear is that Susan Combs has cut a $25 million check," Aleshire said Wednesday.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Circuit of The Americas COTA store w/ additional 35% off MotoGP, F1,Le Mans,etc gear aznhero913 General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 03-15-2015 11:05 PM
Continental issuing a recall of 8000+ tires. Patrick General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 01-17-2015 01:58 PM
City Permits-Need Help THE DEAN OF LEAN Off Topic 13 09-09-2013 03:43 PM
Anyone work at bestbuy, circuit city, or another tech place? flip326 Off Topic 2 12-25-2006 10:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

I heard we have the 6th strongest economy in the nation. Maybe thats why we can pull this off. I cant wait!
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

texas period has a strong economy...

the only thing I hate about austin is all the californians making housing prices rise.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #4
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
texas period has a strong economy...

the only thing I hate about austin is all the californians making housing prices rise.
Agreed.

I wanna get big "Sorry, were closed!" Billboards at every highway that comes into Texas from the west.
tejano? Rape me
Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #5
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
cant wait to hit THAT trackday!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #6
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by blends View Post
cant wait to hit THAT trackday!!!
As long as Elite dong get their grubby paws on it and it up.
tejano? Rape me
Old 07-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #7
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

Ill be there for the first race for sure, F1 and MotoGP
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #8
da1hobo
Local Hobo

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
77 Honda CT125 - sold
1995 Vulcan 800A - sold
2011 KLR650E

I can't wait. I'm driving out for the first race too. Probably going to make it a motorcycle road trip with a bunch of friends.
da1hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #9
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

maybe we could get a group together to ride out there. Although im thinkin the even might make it a large target for thieves :(
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement