MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Scorpion EXO-500 off backorder!

we got 5 in a few months ago, and sold them within a week! i wanted one for myself (i work in a parts dept) but didnt get one in time.

after like 2 months of them being on backorder we got a few more in, only in the "Adrent" graphic. you can well bet one of them didnt make it to the floor! its sitting in the back with my name on it, buying it monday with employee discount once i cash my check. i want the "Oil" graphic but those are still B/o for another month.

anyways. post up here for personal reviews or questions about this lid. ill post up the basic specs:

-integrated flip down sunshield
-visor switch for anti-fog/lock/open
-air pump. inflates cheeks pads for custom fit.
-polycarb shell (less expensive than c/f, kevlar, fiberglass, etc)

solids retail for about $200, and graphics for $20 more

IMO there is some serious bang for the buck in this helmet, and also far, far, better than your average $129 starter lid (consider a $129 helmet plus a tinted sheild is $170 allready). call me crazy, but i prefer this over a Shoei. yea...shoei may be a better helmet, but it isnt $200 better and it doesnt have these features.

Scorpion air pump > Shoei exchangeable cheek pads.
Scorpion integrated sunshield > Shoei quick change visor system.
Visor locks...i admit Shoei has the better quality looking one, but they do the same thing.

i talked to a Helmet House rep (Shoei's distributer) about integrated sunsheilds, and if Shoei will ever do them...he said they asked them about about 6 months ago, and they probably wont. at least at this time they have no plans to, and they arent enthusiastic about the idea at all. they have been the "top" helmet for a long time, and really dont want to change.

anyways. there are some other really nice feature on this lid...here is the first review i found on good videos:

post up questions/comments about this lid