MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2006, 02:03 PM   #121
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
try that on a TRACKDAY or amatuer racing organization with a $40 purse
That is all I was pointing out.... you usually do not want to try and pass someone dirty you consider a friend and fellow rider no matter what the event is... Unless you are Rossi and Sete.

The rule I have been told is pass how you would like to be passed. Otherwise words may be shared in the pits. Which, I am sure both of us have witnessed first hand. :eh:

I saw an actual fight at the Katy track last year in the pits during one of our endurance races.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Italian Moto GP SPOILER SCRC John Taking it to the Track 26 06-03-2008 04:21 PM
Moto GP Czech Republic- Quali **Spoiler** alrova Taking it to the Track 8 08-21-2007 10:48 PM
moto gp winner spoiler jimmy"zx6 Taking it to the Track 20 07-03-2007 09:51 AM
*** SPOILER *** Todays Moto GP (Did you see it!) Racer X 05 Taking it to the Track 10 06-04-2007 10:36 PM
moto gp spoiler TWISTED METAL Taking it to the Track 18 05-20-2006 07:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2006, 02:54 PM   #122
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
And as far as badmouthing Rossi - Hayden did it in his interview when he talks about how "I told Dani we have to Run 1 and 2 @ Valencia"

:laughing6 That's not bad mouthing Rossi. :laughing6

There are 17 races this season. Rossi has won 5 or 6. The most he was ever won in a season is 8 or 9. Guess what, somebody else won the rest of the races.

Rossi is a gawd, but he doesn't always finish first. :icon_bigg
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:08 PM   #123
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
My biggest fear is taking out another rider. I wouldn't want it done to me, and I have an overly guilty conscience that would hound me if I did it to someone else.

Well, it did happen earlier this year in TMGP. In a 3-way battle, trying to pass a little motard. Dang 4-strokes can drive out of the corners better than my 2-stroke, so trying to use corner speed to my advantage, I managed to pull up next to the 'tard and as I was going by, my front brake lever hit his elbow. :eh:

I went down instantly and the guy who was following right behind me got collected by my bike (just like the stoner/gibernau incident this weekend) My bike was actually ok to keep riding, but the other guy was sprawled out. He did managed to crawl off the track, so I picked up my bike and pushed it off into the grass and removed the junk so that no else would hit it and go down. Then I went over to check on the other guy. He was hurting pretty good, as it turned out he had 'racked' himself pretty good on the gas tank and was ok. *phew* But to make it worse, he was on a borrowed bike. :BangHead:

So as it turns out, I won't be getting that HRC contract for next season. :laughing6 :laughing6
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 10-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #124
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
My biggest fear is taking out another rider. I wouldn't want it done to me, and I have an overly guilty conscience that would hound me if I did it to someone else.

Well, it did happen earlier this year in TMGP. In a 3-way battle, trying to pass a little motard. Dang 4-strokes can drive out of the corners better than my 2-stroke, so trying to use corner speed to my advantage, I managed to pull up next to the 'tard and as I was going by, my front brake lever hit his elbow. :eh:

I went down instantly and the guy who was following right behind me got collected by my bike (just like the stoner/gibernau incident this weekend) My bike was actually ok to keep riding, but the other guy was sprawled out. He did managed to crawl off the track, so I picked up my bike and pushed it off into the grass and removed the junk so that no else would hit it and go down. Then I went over to check on the other guy. He was hurting pretty good, as it turned out he had 'racked' himself pretty good on the gas tank and was ok. *phew* But to make it worse, he was on a borrowed bike. :BangHead:

So as it turns out, I won't be getting that HRC contract for next season. :laughing6 :laughing6
You are so wreckless! :laughing6

Old 10-17-2006, 08:21 PM   #125
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

http://www.cafepress.com/IHateDani
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #126
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X

Bwahahahahaha!! :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 10-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #127
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

I'm going to have to change my number for TMGP next year too.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 10-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #128
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

I'd pimp those shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:48 AM   #129
hfa3g11
OG

Trackdays: 10+

2005 Honda CBR600RR Tribal Edition *retired*

Send a message via AIM to hfa3g11
[QUOTE=BlackWidow]I read and I read and I read ....

I'll stay out of this as much as possible, coz i'm pro Rossi.

But here are some of my thoughts (not Pro Rossi hopefully, or anything to do with him).

1) Pedrosa is a far much better and aggressive rider then Hayden (as a couple people stated above). However Hayden is far more experienced and alot more consistent.

2) Pedrosa is a Spanish Rider, in a Spanish Sport with Spanish majority in the powers and offices calling the suspension shots and what's at stake. Hayden is an American rider, who i'm just proud to say at this age is doing what he's doing. (Can't believe i'm saying that).

3) When Hayden passed Pedrosa a lap before, that was not a clean pass at all, but he made it stick and that's what counts. Pedrosa tried to do the same, and did'nt make it stick and took Hayden down. Imagine what you all what be saying if Hayden took Pedrosa out? :eh: Funny when you think of the other story eh?

4) I do not Blame Hayden for his pass, that aggravated Pedrosa. OR Pedrosa for taking Hayden out! But i do blame HRC for not giving team orders. Had they given team orders, Pedrosa could have blocked for Hayden!

HRC is just too far up its own A$$ and i love the fact that Rossi is teaching them a lesson, ever since he went over to Yamaha! HRC treats Hayden like the unwanted child and favors Pedrosa - they desperately want a Spanish rider to take the cup (go figure!). HRC should have given team orders!

We're talking 8 Honda riders to 4 Yamaha riders. If they wanted they could have done it. I don't even consider the Yamaha Tech 3 as a blocking instruement (an opposition might say similar about the Minolta camp.).

However it could easily have been 2 Camel Yamaha's VS. 4 Honda's, the Repsol team along with the Fortuna Honda team. We all know what Melandri is capable of doing. And if Elias could have blocked from the front (obviously he has nothing to lose!), Hayden could have faired out much better.

I Blame Honda and only Honda - not Hayden nor Pedrosa.

5) In my opinion, one of the reason's Hayden is even in the top 5 is because every other top 5 runner kept on falling or getting taken out or having mechanical issues! Like Rossi, Capirossi, Melandri and Pedrosa. If these 4 would have run clean and without issues - Hayden would not even be in the top 5! For 's Sake, the Kentucky Kid got his first Podium in 2003 when they penalized Tamada, that's his first Podium! Haha..:laughing6

So call him consistent all you want, but its coz others kept on Fuggin up.

I'm kinda glad he got a DNF - coz now it evens the score with Rossi, Capirossi and others..but (i dont wanna sound Pro Rossi - so i digress).

6) In his interview he says, "I Told Dani we run 1 and 2 in Valencia and that's the only way possible".

IN regards to that - is he seriously talking about Rossi like he's on a go-kart and its THAT EASY! Come on, we're talking about Rossi here (there i go again being Rossi pro).

He did very well in his interview, except for those "Puffs and Peufs! " Totally goes with his image of showing up in Shorts to his contract resign! Grow up dude!, you were doing soo well in your interview keeping your feelings in, but did you have to bad mouth Rossi like that!?

What i did like however in the interview as when he said " I mean i don't sign the guy's checks! Honda pays him to race hard - and that's what he did!"

That kinda was nice to see Hayden diss HRC, and still did'nt bash Pedrosa THAT much. I'd hate to be Honda right now as Yamaha and Ducati and all look at Honda and laugh - haha, some team planning bozos!

But time will tell - when next season, Pedrosa will be the real threat to Rossi rather then Hayden...time will tell Pedrosa being the better of the two HRC riders..:confused2[/QUOTE

are you a ? or dont understand english? he never bad mouthed rossi. he simply stated what they have to do to win. :confused2
hfa3g11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #130
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfa3g11

are you a ? or dont understand english? he never bad mouthed rossi. he simply stated what they have to do to win. :confused2
No. - Just my observations. Feel free to differ logically or with reasons - not with personal attacks. Although, you just proved your one of them who "grow their on the internet!" :laughing6

I'm not here to do that - just have a conversation.

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:16 AM   #131
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Why does everyone keep slamming Hayden? Saying he is only where he is at because others fugged up? That is racing!

You may lap me 5 times but if you crash out and I end up winning.... that is racing.

If you lap me 5 times and then your motor blows and I end up winning.... that is racing.

Obviously Nicky has been doing his part as a rider all year and is winning races.

Sorry, just a little rant but Hayden is in the run for the title. It does not matter what has previously gone down. He is there and he was running in 3rd. That is obviously a sign that he is doing what he is supposed to be doing.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #132
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Why does everyone keep slamming Hayden? Saying he is only where he is at because others fugged up? That is racing!

You may lap me 5 times but if you crash out and I end up winning.... that is racing.

If you lap me 5 times and then your motor blows and I end up winning.... that is racing.

Obviously Nicky has been doing his part as a rider all year and is winning races.

Sorry, just a little rant but Hayden is in the run for the title. It does not matter what has previously gone down. He is there and he was running in 3rd. That is obviously a sign that he is doing what he is supposed to be doing.
+1
Old 10-18-2006, 11:39 AM   #133
paniro187

winning races?

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:05 PM   #134
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Nicky's won 2 so far this year.

Anybody remember AMA superbike champ Thomas Stevens? I don't think he won at all that season.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 10-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #135
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
winning races?
I sure am glad your wife knows how to keep you happy Charles because I obviously don't. :icon_bigg

Old 10-18-2006, 12:33 PM   #136
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
I sure am glad your wife knows how to keep you happy Charles because I obviously don't. :icon_bigg
Old 10-18-2006, 12:34 PM   #137
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
He knows he is a little teddy bear. :laughing6

Old 10-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #138
hfa3g11
OG

2005 Honda CBR600RR Tribal Edition *retired*

Send a message via AIM to hfa3g11
Quote:
No. - Just my observations. Feel free to differ logically or with reasons - not with personal attacks. Although, you just proved your one of them who "grow their on the internet!" :laughing6

I'm not here to do that - just have a conversation.

im not growing on the internet. i asked a simple question. thats it. i was askin if you understood english because you stated that hayden was BASHING rossi. and that was totally not the case. i wasnt puttin you on blast like homie, it was also a question.
hfa3g11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:40 PM   #139
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfa3g11
im not growing on the internet. i asked a simple question. thats it. i was askin if you understood english because you stated that hayden was BASHING rossi. and that was totally not the case. i wasnt puttin you on blast like homie, it was also a question.
No you did'nt ask a question. You wer doing what you can only do on the internet and that's ask retorical questions and act like a wiseguy, calling other people in a condescending manner.

you said "are you a " or "do you not understand english"

By reading my post that i made - even an idiot would make sense that i know english - so obviously your growing here trying to ask me a stupid question of "are you a ".

Try to keep your nice pretty words to yourself - and a little respect never hurt anyone. Let alone calling out someone you don't even know. I hope we never meet, your one person i could live without meeting in the real world. :confused1

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:40 PM   #140
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:

Try to keep your nice pretty words to yourself - and a little respect never hurt anyone. Let alone calling out someone you don't even know. I hope we never meet, your one person i could live without meeting in the real world. :confused1
you guys will meet at the track. black widow will be rossi and hfa3g11 will be hayden. either way, nobody is saying any fighting words so please calm down black widow and hfa3g11

Advertisement