MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2006, 09:25 PM   #1
Gigolo Jason

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Slave Reparations.......

I was watching C-span tonight and having a nice bottle of merlot and asked myself, why are we still have discussions in society about slave reparation? I donít see any good that can come out of reparation payments. The entire concept perpetuates the notion that people are not responsible for their future and that everything is somebody elseís faults. I believe that African-Americans have it much easier than Asian, Hispanic, or recently migrated black people in terms of cultural adjustment and language barriers.

If Hispanic-Americans, Asian-Americans and other black people can prosper in American, then the only conclusion is that the fault of economic hardship is cause by individuals and not by something that happened over a hundred and fifty years ago.
Gigolo Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dallas votes FOR slavery reparations HoustonHD The Circus 11 06-19-2014 07:55 AM
Some people are such slave drivers. hotcknstrips Off Topic 84 07-12-2011 06:17 AM
Slavery reparations... cedestech The Circus 86 02-12-2011 04:53 PM
Christian Slave Owners DvlRacer The Circus 112 09-30-2008 06:21 PM
OBAMA WANTS REPARATIONS FastLine The Circus 20 08-01-2008 05:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2006, 09:36 PM   #2
hfa3g11
OG

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 10+

2005 Honda CBR600RR Tribal Edition *retired*

Send a message via AIM to hfa3g11
here we go again
hfa3g11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
paniro187

I thought slaves were supposed to be giving 40 acres and all that. But were never given it. so........

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:51 PM   #4
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

... promises promises.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:04 PM   #5
TxVrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
I thought slaves were supposed to be giving 40 acres and all that. But were never given it. so........
Slaves? I thought that was indentured servants?
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:15 PM   #6
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Quote:
If slaves are giving 40 acres, how come I only own 1. My ancestors were slave owners. I want my 40 acres.

j/k
Gigolo Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:17 PM   #7
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:12 PM   #8
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Slavary still exists today, except now we call them interns.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:51 PM   #9
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
fyi african americans DO NOT have it easier,mexicans do...
Are you 100% on that???

WHERE IS CAJUNSOULJA?!?!?!
Old 10-15-2006, 12:41 AM   #10
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

let me tell you, slavery happened so many years ago, reparation?? give me a ****ing break, and in these times, no one, I mean , no one have it easy, if you want to prosper, you need to work, and work hard, study, and study even harder, and have a good set of moral values, and in the case of immigrants, learn the ****ing language and obey the laws (that applies to everyone, native and otherwise) !! I think that everyone that was born on this great country or has the opportunity of comming here, is blessed beyond imagination. We, as parents and as a society, should rise our children with the notion that we should not expect anything for free, that we should attain it for ourselves, leave the past for the history books, we, as individuals and as race, wheter is black, hispanic, caucasian or whatever, should stop feeling like we always getting the short end of the stick, and blame the other races for our own stupid lack of resources and abilities, because that's to be blamed on ourselves and the parenting we received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:04 AM   #11
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:09 AM   #12
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
We're all black.. when the lights go out.

-Korn
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:36 AM   #13
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
LOL^^ When you close your eyes too.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:54 AM   #14
track1
fried squid.... delicious

yes.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:29 AM   #15
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
EXACTLY! so............I got yer' 40 acreas right here:BangHead:

like its my responsibility to pay the slaves decendents back for a mistake done 100 or more years ago by someone else? , their own people are the ones who sold 'em into slavery.
Gimmie a break Charles, your smarter than that.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:30 AM   #16
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
Slavary still exists today, except now we call them interns.
kinda like minorities exist as well, only today we call em WHITE FOLK

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-15-2006, 07:32 AM   #17
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChickenStrips
let me tell you, slavery happened so many years ago, reparation?? give me a ****ing break, and in these times, no one, I mean , no one have it easy, if you want to prosper, you need to work, and work hard, study, and study even harder, and have a good set of moral values, and in the case of immigrants, learn the ****ing language and obey the laws (that applies to everyone, native and otherwise) !! I think that everyone that was born on this great country or has the opportunity of comming here, is blessed beyond imagination. We, as parents and as a society, should rise our children with the notion that we should not expect anything for free, that we should attain it for ourselves, leave the past for the history books, we, as individuals and as race, wheter is black, hispanic, caucasian or whatever, should stop feeling like we always getting the short end of the stick, and blame the other races for our own stupid lack of resources and abilities, because that's to be blamed on ourselves and the parenting we received.
you would indeed be singing a different tune ifn' you were a bit darker.
I hear the tune you sing in support of the Mexican invasion saying "its something that is owed, its something taken away years ago, so we are taking it back"

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #18
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Tim, give me a link of those words and you say I wrote, because, frankly, I cannot remember, what I do remember writing one time is that that will never happened, some douchebag sold the land to the US, fine, we lost it forever.

So, Tim, where's that post?, maybe I'm a hypocrit, if thatr's the case, I will quit posting about this kinda stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:46 AM   #19
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
EXACTLY! so............I got yer' 40 acreas right here:BangHead:

like its my responsibility to pay the slaves decendents back for a mistake done 100 or more years ago by someone else? , their own people are the ones who sold 'em into slavery.
Gimmie a break Charles, your smarter than that.
frankly scooter i can give a . If i was to get reparations then fine. cool. if not then oh well. I think things like affirmitive action (which i believe in) and things like that are far more benfecial than reparations kind goes with teach a man to fish he'll eat forever kind of thinking. something to be said though for enslaving an entire race of people then afterwards holding then down until the 1950's or so. that's bad foot to get off on for any race in any country. yo uhave to say this though if it was supposed to be given and was never given then that's kind of wrong. after you die what's coming to you is given to you kids same with that it was something that was coming to them but they never got it. Like i said before though i can care less I've learned quickly noone is going to give you much in this world and as a person with a record I have to work way harder than anyone here to make it. where a bunch of people would say oh woe is me in my situation I've secured a good a job and turned tragedy to triumph in going to speak with inner city kids about not geting into my situation. so bottom line if they want to give it I def want turn it away if they don't oh well.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:39 AM   #20
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
do you watch the streets of houston????

black people get harrassed by society and police then any other race...oh and if want to go to college for free all i have to do is change my last name to garza,garcia,rodriguez,ramirez...thats the truth and im not a racist so dont think that was a racist remark...it's the truth do some research

OMg... That has to be one of the most unintelligent remark in this thread.. Im Mexican/Spanish. I filled out financial aid right away, and Im still waiting for my money. What does that tell you? I had to pay for my classes.

Have you seen the HCC campuses, and UHD? I can honestly say from my own experience, I see more blacks than Hispanics... We are a little smarter at filling out the financial aid. Its not because of your ****in last name.

And research??? I think I would know.. What "research" are you going by if you dont mind me asking.

Advertisement