MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #61
NitroHonda
Deaf

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveblueballs View Post
dude i simply stated that i had a faster pace than him. never claimed or even implied to be gp fast which is what you somehow managed to interpret out of all this.

when you graduate from novice and intermediate lmk. ill meet you at the track and show you the fundamentals of advanced level riding. bit different from the painters tape pace your used to. maybe you will be the one pulling ME around the track.

btw, traffic law 101... not paying attention and you rear end someone, your at fault. being a dumb and brake checking someone causing them to rear end you, brake checker at fault. very similar to the principals of track riding. its not rocket science guy.
I dont know you. I dont know how much tracktime you have. I dont know what you ride. Here's what I DO know... you like to wheelie on the highway in "subpar" gear on a liter bike and you have verbally challenged New Rider to a lesson at the track after being absent for... what was it you said? Two years?

I don't really understand your accusations of the literbike rider going in too hot? Was he actively going down when you hit him? If not, how does a rider go in too hot if he makes the turn? Why didnt you simply pass him on the outside? Me thinks you were the one going in too hot.

I'm glad you shelved the track use. I wouldn't want to be agravating you out there. What you seem to fail to understand is that people come out there to learn. Even the level 3 (advanced) riders. Check the ego at the door for trackdays or grid up.

FYI, I'm one of those that you (and others hate). Liter bike track rider myself.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First TWS (Texas World Speedway) Track Day / RideSmart / Memorial Day '08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-14-2008 08:47 AM
RideSmart Track Day @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 5.26.08 - Memorial Day!!! - Roll Call Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 6 04-09-2008 06:07 PM
Crazy trackday video, Noob day??? batman007 General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 03-03-2008 03:12 PM
RideSmart Track Day Sep. 5th. Any new track newbies wanna go? roro Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-22-2005 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #62
daveblueballs

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-
08 600RR track rig -SOLD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I dont know you. I dont know how much tracktime you have. I dont know what you ride. Here's what I DO know... you like to wheelie on the highway in "subpar" gear on a liter bike and you have verbally challenged New Rider to a lesson at the track after being absent for... what was it you said? Two years?

I don't really understand your accusations of the literbike rider going in too hot? Was he actively going down when you hit him? If not, how does a rider go in too hot if he makes the turn? Why didnt you simply pass him on the outside? Me thinks you were the one going in too hot.

I'm glad you shelved the track use. I wouldn't want to be agravating you out there. What you seem to fail to understand is that people come out there to learn. Even the level 3 (advanced) riders. Check the ego at the door for trackdays or grid up.

FYI, I'm one of those that you (and others hate). Liter bike track rider myself.
Yes officer, I do like to whoolie on the freeway in "subpar" gear. Ill be sure to wear a bear suite next time. Where are you going with this??

Absent for two years, present for the previous 15 or so. You know what they say about riding a bike guy. Once you got it, you got it. No doubt it would take a few sessions before I could turn lap times like I did back in the day but thats to be expected. Bet your I wouldnt be dropping back to intermediate though.

In regards to going in too hot, do you happen to know what an apex is? Assuming you dont, basically when you apex a turn you come in wide, hug tight, exit wide. Its the most efficient way to take a turn. Well this gent totally blew the apex friend. And when he did this, he was going to come out waaaaaaay too wide and run off the track. So you see, he made his pass by a hair then realizing he was about to run off of the track, he jammed his brakes and parked it to save his own . In the meantime, I hit the apex properly and was already committed to my line which he intruded up on and decided to have a picnic. If your able to pilot around someone who passed you and then half a second later pulled the parachute, my hats off to you. You should consider a racing career.

I understand people go to the track to learn. I never denied that. I myself learned so much in my years of track riding. Main thing being that those same dumb that almost take my life every time I ride street, are the same dumb that saddle up come track day.
daveblueballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:49 AM   #63
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
Yes officer, I do like to whoolie on the freeway in "subpar" gear. Ill be sure to wear a bear suite next time. Where are you going with this??
Arrogance is where I was headed. It demonstrates arrogance on your end.

Quote:
Absent for two years, present for the previous 15 or so. You know what they say about riding a bike guy. Once you got it, you got it. No doubt it would take a few sessions before I could turn lap times like I did back in the day but thats to be expected. Bet your I wouldnt be dropping back to intermediate though.
And some more helpings of arrogance. Again, I'm glad you shelved the trackdays.

Quote:
In regards to going in too hot, do you happen to know what an apex is? Assuming you dont, basically when you apex a turn you come in wide, hug tight, exit wide. Its the most efficient way to take a turn. Well this gent totally blew the apex friend. And when he did this, he was going to come out waaaaaaay too wide and run off the track. So you see, he made his pass by a hair then realizing he was about to run off of the track, he jammed his brakes and parked it to save his own . In the meantime, I hit the apex properly and was already committed to my line which he intruded up on and decided to have a picnic. If your able to pilot around someone who passed you and then half a second later pulled the parachute, my hats off to you. You should consider a racing career.
Sure, I know what the apex is. I wasn't there but I'll give you the benefit of doubt even though I still don't understand. All I understand is that he was in front of you before the turn began.

Quote:
I understand people go to the track to learn. I never denied that. I myself learned so much in my years of track riding. Main thing being that those same dumb that almost take my life every time I ride street, are the same dumb that saddle up come track day.
I appreciate "dumb " who come to the track to actively learn how to ride better far more than the "dumb " who continue to corner an intersection at 60+. Dishing out road rage/track rage is as devastating as those who made a mistake.

FWIW, I am debating you because I am merely trying to become a better rider myself. I've got just two trackdays under my belt. Learning from your/others mistakes is a priority of mine. Thanks for the discussion. I appreciate it.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:18 AM   #64
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

its my experience that its the person following no matter what the situation. If someone flies past you, you should take any and every possible scenario into consideration, especially the other rider parking the bike at the apex. At a trackday this could be a possible situation, and to a much lesser extent at a Race. If someone passes you on the inside like that again im sure you will back off. Its just a lesson learned for everyone here. Ive been there and done that too.
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:21 AM   #65
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
It just shows a bit of your judgement and credibility...oh I forgot...you are SuperMan....excuse me.

Quote:
Sounds like intermediate is where you should be ego man...No hard passing there.....hey who knows, you might be the fastest there so you can claim your "awesome cool points"!

Quote:
Funny how HE up and hit brakes to save himself yet you could not let off your throttle and tap breaks to avoid getting close to him or even hitting him to "make you crash"

Quote:
No wait...you missed the part where you learned that you are a dumb douchebag that needs to check his ego...don't lose that lesson..

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #66
daveblueballs

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-

Quote:

Sure, I know what the apex is. I wasn't there but I'll give you the benefit of doubt even though I still don't understand. All I understand is that he was in front of you before the turn began.
He was behind me when the turn began. Blew his line to make an inside pass at the apex, maybe just a bit past the apex, and then decided to have a picnic. I have steered my around plenty of possible accidents through the years. Trust me, this one was unavoidable.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #67
daveblueballs

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
It just shows a bit of your judgement and credibility...oh I forgot...you are SuperMan....excuse me.

Sounds like intermediate is where you should be ego man...No hard passing there.....hey who knows, you might be the fastest there so you can claim your "awesome cool points"!

Funny how HE up and hit brakes to save himself yet you could not let off your throttle and tap breaks to avoid getting close to him or even hitting him to "make you crash"

No wait...you missed the part where you learned that you are a dumb douchebag that needs to check his ego...don't lose that lesson..
I feel like Im trying to explain myself to Hellen Keller. Go shoot yourself now. Anne Sullivan is retiring.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #68
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
He was behind me when the turn began. Blew his line to make an inside pass at the apex, maybe just a bit past the apex, and then decided to have a picnic. I have steered my around plenty of possible accidents through the years. Trust me, this one was unavoidable.
Quote:
I feel like Im trying to explain myself to Hellen Keller. Go shoot yourself now. Anne Sullivan is retiring.
You got that wrong. I'm the Hellen Keller here. I'm Deaf and I didn't see the accident. ;-)

If he started to lose his line and go wide... sounds like there's a solid opening to pass inside upon the exit. Everything's ultimately avoidable. You just weren't good enough this time around. Successful passes are all about dodging inches in advanced. It takes two to tango. I will chalk it up to a double dose of rider error. Sorry you crashed. Glad you're okay so quit having blue about it.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #69
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone.

I will say that the rider in front of you can do something so totally unexpected that it results in a collision from the following rider. In those cases fault can be found with both riders. Not only one or the other.

My personal experience with that came recently. A rider well in front of me chopped throttle exiting the turn as I was just ast apex. At the same time he stood the bike up into my line and in an effort to correct his mistake stalled the bike out completely. The resulting crash happened in stages of decision.

Each decision at the time was based on each new factor in his action and my reaction...
chopping throttle=>adjust line to pass on outside...
stands bike up into new line=>get on that brake(it's going to be close)...
stalls bike=>detonate front brake to wash front instead of colliding and smashing bodies with bikes.

In hindsight I could have thought to myself "what if that guy stops in the middle of that turn?", but then if that was my thought process I'd just stay in the pits. There is a reasonable expectation of events and behaviors depending on the level you're riding in.

I will do my best to take some lessons learned from the situation. Honestly most of it is easily chalked up to HAPPENS sometimes. Especially involving multiple people engaged in a risky endeavor in the same limited space. I'm not mad at the other rider. It's the risk I chose to take by getting on the track.

First and foremost I choose to leave a attitude at home. Then I choose to ride with organizations who attract riders I'm comfortable taking those risks with. When all that is done I choose not to whine, , or quit when something goes wrong.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #70
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Also keep in mind it is the passers responsibility to do so cleanly. At what point does his responsibility for that pass end? To me it's past the exit of the turn. If I get passed only to have the guy run wide and destroy my line after apex then he didn't pass cleanly. At least not for a TD environment. Racing is another matter entirely.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #71
castrolr1
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bike(s):
R1 followed me home

Quote:
So I trust we'll see you at the next track day..??
castrolr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #72
daveblueballs

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-

Quote:
Originally Posted by castrolr1 View Post
So I trust we'll see you at the next track day..??
Im considering Cresson day after tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #73
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post

I will say that the rider in front of you can do something so totally unexpected that it results in a collision from the following rider. In those cases fault can be found with both riders. Not only one or the other.

My personal experience with that came recently. A rider well in front of me chopped throttle exiting the turn as I was just ast apex. At the same time he stood the bike up into my line and in an effort to correct his mistake stalled the bike out completely. The resulting crash happened in stages of decision.

Each decision at the time was based on each new factor in his action and my reaction...
stalls bike=>detonate front brake to wash front instead of colliding and smashing bodies with bikes.

In hindsight I could have thought to myself "what if that guy stops in the middle of that turn?", but then if that was my thought process I'd just stay in the pits. There is a reasonable expectation of events and behaviors depending on the level you're riding in.

I will do my best to take some lessons learned from the situation. Honestly most of it is easily chalked up to HAPPENS sometimes. Especially involving multiple people engaged in a risky endeavor in the same limited space. I'm not mad at the other rider. It's the risk I chose to take by getting on the track.

First and foremost I choose to leave a attitude at home. Then I choose to ride with organizations who attract riders I'm comfortable taking those risks with. When all that is done I choose not to whine, , or quit when something goes wrong.
Pretty much just covers it all...

He keeps trying to rid himself of fault because he is just so fast and that guy was just so slow.

HALFFAST GROUP

Last edited by NewRider; 07-14-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #74
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post

Awesome awesome post.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #75
daveblueballs

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-

Quote:
You got that wrong. I'm the Hellen Keller here. I'm Deaf and I didn't see the accident. ;-)

If he started to lose his line and go wide... sounds like there's a solid opening to pass inside upon the exit. Everything's ultimately avoidable. You just weren't good enough this time around. Successful passes are all about dodging inches in advanced. It takes two to tango. I will chalk it up to a double dose of rider error. Sorry you crashed. Glad you're okay so quit having blue about it.
So every time one of those guys they call a pro on TV crashes and 3 bikes behind him are taken out, they are at fault for not steering around his ? Since everythings untimatly avoidable? The answer is no. Unless you got the factory rocket engine option, your not gonna be able to get around some situations. Im telling you, this cat had made it less than 10 feet in front of me when he decided to park. Pretty much only one option at triple digit speeds. I mean come on. How the am I gonna end someone on the exit of a turn when your SUPPOSED to be accelerating. And needless to say after making his super awsome pass he should have been putting land on me being that he was on a 1k. Im just sayin.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #76
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
So every time one of those guys they call a pro on TV crashes and 3 bikes behind him are taken out, they are at fault for not steering around his ? Since everythings untimatly avoidable? The answer is no. Unless you got the factory rocket engine option, your not gonna be able to get around some situations. Im telling you, this cat had made it less than 10 feet in front of me when he decided to park. Pretty much only one option at near triple digit speeds. I mean come on. How the am I gonna end someone on the exit of a turn when your SUPPOSED to be accelerating. And needless to say after making his super awsome pass he should have been putting land on me being that he was on a 1k. Im just sayin.
Sir,

You are talking about a race, not a trackday. Quit making ecuses for your mistakes and decisions. Unless YOU were racing and trying to show the big bad liter bike what an awesome rider can do on a 600...

Believe me, your posts are not impressing anybody and you are just completely hurting your case...

Just give up.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 07-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #77
daveblueballs

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-

Quote:
I have a small and daveblueballs can my sister any time he wants.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #78
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Yeah sure, you sound like a guy that makes horrible decisions...Have at her...

I hear you're good at hitting from the back...

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 07-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #79
daveblueballs

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-

Quote:
Yeah sure, you sound like a guy that makes horrible decisions...Have at her...

I hear you're good at hitting from the back...
When it comes to your sister, Im a fuggin pro at hitting from behind.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #80
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
When it comes to your sister, Im a fuggin pro at hitting from behind.
Don't forget... Guys on liter bikes at the track too!

HALFFAST GROUP

Advertisement