MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #41
eltejano
I smell pretty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveblueballs View Post
yep. same thing that happened to me. stupid on a gixxer 1k couldnt take it that i was tearing his up on my lil 6. he kept trying to drag race and parked it on an exit cause he came in way too hot and i smacked into his end cause i was already pretty well committed to my line. i have been riding for yeeeeears and I still feel more productive on the track with a 6 rather than a 1k. guess some folks need that extra 400 to make their nuts feel bigger. idk.
Almost same happened to me. parked it in turn 8 at TWS (Texas World Speedway). I went over the hill and there he was going about 40 into 9.

Punk was asked to go to level 2 and he was all hurt. I wasnt the only one that complained about him.

He was probably that guy who is the fastest one in the group he rides with. Only to show up to the track and he isnt quite as fast as he thought but will not accept it.

See it all too often.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First TWS (Texas World Speedway) Track Day / RideSmart / Memorial Day '08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-14-2008 08:47 AM
RideSmart Track Day @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 5.26.08 - Memorial Day!!! - Roll Call Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 6 04-09-2008 06:07 PM
Crazy trackday video, Noob day??? batman007 General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 03-03-2008 03:12 PM
RideSmart Track Day Sep. 5th. Any new track newbies wanna go? roro Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-22-2005 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #42
daveblueballs

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-
08 600RR track rig -SOLD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
Almost same happened to me. parked it in turn 8 at TWS (Texas World Speedway). I went over the hill and there he was going about 40 into 9.

Punk was asked to go to level 2 and he was all hurt. I wasnt the only one that complained about him.

He was probably that guy who is the fastest one in the group he rides with. Only to show up to the track and he isnt quite as fast as he thought but will not accept it.

See it all too often.
yep. exit of t8. thats where i got got. movin on at about a buck. had a football size bruise from the initial impact and a massive concussion. bike was smoked.
daveblueballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #43
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Not to be a about it.. I've been faked out bad at the track before but if you run into the back of someone. It almost doesnt matter what they were doing. I would still consider you at fault also.

This vid is a prime example of what not to do for a person about to crash, and a person seeing a crash. Never look at the crash/person going off road. The rider you are onboard with went way wide watching the other two go off track. Breaking your natural want to target fixate will save your . It has mine.

Last edited by Mark06gsxr; 07-06-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #44
DavidB
Trackday Critic

Bike(s):
2002 R1

Someone tell me how to switch my speedo to KPH. That'll definitely make me feel faster. And I'd sure like our trackday sessions to start like a mock race, I think it'd add to the excitement going into turn 1. Especially in the intermediate group.

Actually, I remember a few TTD sessions that started kind of like that.
DavidB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #45
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark06gsxr View Post
Not to be a about it.. I've been faked out bad at the track before but if you run into the back of someone. It almost doesnt matter what they were doing. I would still consider you at fault also.

This vid is a prime example of what not to do for a person about to crash, and a person seeing a crash. Never look at the crash/person going off road. The rider you are onboard with went way wide watching the other two go off track. Breaking your natural want to target fixate will save your . It has mine.
+1
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #46
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
And what the is Simoncelli doing at Brno?

beat me to it
Old 07-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #47
FKNA

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Y would he stop? So then he can get hit from behind? That's was corner workers and instructor riders are for....never stop on a track not even if it's ur significant other involved in a crash

Looks like it was the guy on the inside was at fault. Crazy as how his bike spun around
Watch again.....it appears to me it was the one on the outside was at fault.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #48
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
Watch again.....it appears to me it was the one on the outside was at fault.
they both had pretty weird lines. one coming in hot from the inside and one dipping in hard from the outside. disaster waiting to happen. the camera man was on the good line before he got target fixated by the crash and went wide himself.. IMO both of the guys that wrecked had bad lines.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:04 AM   #49
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
Someone tell me how to switch my speedo to KPH.
Here's how you do it. You read your owners manual
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #50
daveblueballs

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-

Quote:

So if you were 4 inches off my back tire about to make a pass and I parked it for some reason you would be able to steer around me?
Old 07-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #51
ileono918
On hiatus

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
So if you were 4 inches off my back tire about to make a pass and I parked it for some reason you would be able to steer around me?
"The guy making the pass is responsible for the outcome of that pass" - that is a basic rule of TDs and also racing.

If I am understanding correctly your version of the facts, you were very close to this guy's rear tire. Then he parked it and you had no where to go so you both went down, correct?

If that is the case, I am sorry to burst your bubble but, Mark is correct.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #52
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
I would never get that close to someone unless I knew exactly how the other rode. Plus reading what someone is doing ahead of you is half of staying out of trouble. You saw him come in too hot, and stayed all up on his ? Thats your bad.

There are only a few guys that ride that I would be comfortable with having them that close to me. The average guy that I just met at a trackday? NO.
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #53
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

dang
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #54
daveblueballs

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-

Quote:
I would never get that close to someone unless I knew exactly how the other rode. Plus reading what someone is doing ahead of you is half of staying out of trouble. You saw him come in too hot, and stayed all up on his ? Thats your bad.

There are only a few guys that ride that I would be comfortable with having them that close to me. The average guy that I just met at a trackday? NO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
"The guy making the pass is responsible for the outcome of that pass" - that is a basic rule of TDs and also racing.

If I am understanding correctly your version of the facts, you were very close to this guy's rear tire. Then he parked it and you had no where to go so you both went down, correct?

If that is the case, I am sorry to burst your bubble but, Mark is correct.
Look guys. The guy was cause he couldnt get past me. He came into
t8 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) way too hot, passed me on the inside, then when he realized he went in way too fast and was about to run off the track on the exit side, he parked it. I was already on my line and had nowhere to go but into his end. Pretty much just cut me off then brake checked me. I have been riding bikes for over 10 years and have plenty of experience on and off of the track. I admit when I up. This one was on him.

Last edited by daveblueballs; 07-09-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #55
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
He didn't even slow down. Or show any kind of concern.

That isn't very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
That's what I was thinking.
They don't stop the race due to a crash?
I guess it's every rider for himself out there.
Noobs
Quote:
muffuckas in thailand cant ride for . i would have taken that front end out if he would have kicked at me.
You probably woulda just gone down
Quote:
Look guys. The guy was cause he couldnt get past me. He came into
t8 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) way too hot, passed me on the inside, then when he realized he went in way too fast and was about to run off the track on the exit side, he parked it. I was already on my line and had nowhere to go but into his end. Pretty much just cut me off then brake checked me. I have been riding bikes for over 10 years and have plenty of experience on and off of the track. I admit when I up. This one was on him.
Reading your comments really mostly sounds like it was YOU trying to show him he wasn't fast after passing you on the inside...If you had made all these "obvious" bad habit observations of his riding, you should have checked your ego and kept your distance.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #56
daveblueballs

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Noobs

You probably woulda just gone down

Reading your comments really mostly sounds like it was YOU trying to show him he wasn't fast after passing you on the inside...If you had made all these "obvious" bad habit observations of his riding, you should have checked your ego and kept your distance.
he took me out in one of the first couple sessions. i didnt know how bad he sucked until he crashed me out, and then himself. they were about to pull him off the track right before he crashed. but yah, your right. i had my pace which happened to be a bit faster than what he was capable of riding safely. totally my fault. your a tool.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #57
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
he took me out in one of the first couple sessions. i didnt know how bad he sucked until he crashed me out, and then himself. they were about to pull him off the track right before he crashed. but yah, your right. i had my pace which happened to be a bit faster than what he was capable of riding safely. totally my fault. your a tool.
Nope, sounds like to me that you are the tool...cuz even now explaining your story, you have to keep pointing out how fast you are and how awesome you for it...

Listen, you up and got too close when you should have known better... you are not free from fault....remember, the person behind is responsible for the person in front...

But yeah, I'm the tool

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #58
daveblueballs

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Nope, sounds like to me that you are the tool...cuz even now explaining your story, you have to keep pointing out how fast you are and how awesome you for it...

Listen, you up and got too close when you should have known better... you are not free from fault....remember, the person behind is responsible for the person in front...

But yeah, I'm the tool

dude i simply stated that i had a faster pace than him. never claimed or even implied to be gp fast which is what you somehow managed to interpret out of all this.

when you graduate from novice and intermediate lmk. ill meet you at the track and show you the fundamentals of advanced level riding. bit different from the painters tape pace your used to. maybe you will be the one pulling ME around the track.

btw, traffic law 101... not paying attention and you rear end someone, your at fault. being a dumb and brake checking someone causing them to rear end you, brake checker at fault. very similar to the principals of track riding. its not rocket science guy.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #59
daveblueballs

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-