MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
While cleaning up my computer, I found this story.

I dont know where this came from. it was in my folder of junk people send to me over AIM, and sometimes I forget I get sent something and it sits there, So I cant tell if this was a story a friend wrote or something off the internet somewhere, but it had me cracking up.

I'm new to animal farts. My first two dozen years, I only lived with humans and cats.
Humans, I knew, farted a lot. I don't know if my family is uniquely prolific, but we are uninhibited.
My mother would often lay a room-shaker and then blame it on "barking spiders." My brother and I, as kids, perfected methods of collecting and essentially huffing our farts. We hated each other's, but would compare the finer points of our own, which we nosed like fine wine. (We'd even rate them, like alcohol, on a scale of "proof," a method Mike later took to extremes by igniting his farts like gunpowder.) Even my dad, eternal voice of reason among the unruly Welsh, would not hold back, although often his emissions had the tone of a muted trumpet -- a little stifled. My own farts sometimes sound that way. Depends on my stress & caffeine levels.
Yes, I've always known humans farted. Although a friend in grade school, a bit of a science wonk, once laid some knowledge on me to the effect that "the average person farts 18 times a day," and I mis-heard "person" for "Christian." (He was Jewish.) For about a week I pondered how different creeds might fart differently -- did unleavened bread play a role? Or pork? -- until he set me straight.

Anyway. Unlike humans, cats never fart. Maybe when they're very young, still getting all their bacteria and enzymes straightened out, an indiscreet toot might escape. But an adult cat, properly schooled in feline etiquette, will never soil the air. Slobber on your neck, yes. Dig a claw into your nipple, yes. Gnaw your fingers, yes. Use your crotch as a spring board, yes. Vomit globs of hair on your bathroom floor, yes. But no farting.
So nothing in my life had prepared me for my first dog, who I came to terms with last year. Here's this creature many times smaller than me, with a steady diet and a marked aversion to beer, who without fail produces the most offensive odors I have ever smelt.
And I'm no shrinking violet. I once earned my entire fifth grade class a five-minute recess, subsequently extended to 30 minutes, on the strength of a single fart. (Got repaid with scorn, too. Rather than thank me, my peers mocked me to tears. Kids suck.)

Dogs don't just take the odor to another level. They are amazingly perverse about the whole thing. My dogs, in sleep, will lay a fart, then wake up to smell it. At one point during Zuma's puppy-hood, I got sick of always smelling his stench, and started giving him covered wagons and teabag farts. (Yes, I too am amazingly perverse.) He responded with wild-eyed enthusiasm; I think the sick was actually flattered.
My other dog, Pepper, loves to stick his snout right in my crack while I'm changing clothes. I feel his cold, wet snout, then hear a little inhalation, followed by a quick "huff!" When I get mad, he just looks at me with his big brown innocent eyes.
Dogs, of course, also love plain old feces. Cat poo? My litterbox was a disaster area until we blocked it off from dog access. Horse poo? Any hike on a horse trail is a teachable moment. Cow poo? , don't get me started. Out at Mount Pisgah there are a couple of pastures where somebody runs dairy cattle on a grazing lease. Cow pies about every ten feet.
The way those pies harden in the moist western Oregon autumn climate is about like a lava flow cools: within the thin, hard crust, they flow like a milkshake. My dogs will bite through the crust and I'll come around a corner to catch them standing there, just lapping up the oozing innards. And if dogs could grin, yes, they'd be wearing a -eating one. I shout them off one and they just go to the next. Ten minutes later they puke pure cow .

I get the feeling that a dog's love of farts and feces is genetic. Either it's part of their scavenging nature, and they seek out poo to glean what nutritional value they can from it; or it helps them track prey: you are what you eat, and dogs are forensic geniuses who can profile a prey's behavior based on its past eating habits. No? Well, then why do you think they like poo? Is it 'cause they can't eat chocolate?

Last edited by scrapp; 10-12-2006 at 09:47 PM.
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leather Cleaning/Dry Cleaning/Repair xsv Gear Talk 8 05-01-2014 08:25 PM
Computer Gurus - Remote Access on a Home Computer Challen Off Topic 23 09-16-2013 07:37 AM
Computer guru's. Is this a Decent Deal for a starter gaming computer? Mark06gsxr Off Topic 22 01-01-2010 01:10 AM
Little story..eh..kinda long story zac5876 General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 08-25-2008 10:06 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #2
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Seriously.... Wtf???
Old 10-12-2006, 09:52 PM   #3
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
ahhh I found it. it turns out to me someones blog on the internet
http://flog.phooeyhoo.com/archives/2...mal_farts.html

here is the rest

Wow. I'm rambling again. I planned for this post to be about horse farts.

Yeah, so, even my adjustment to dog farts did not prepare me for horse farts.

I've never spent much time with horses. What little time I have spent has been primarily front-end: giving 'em carrots, stroking their noses, hoping they don't bite your fingers. I've ridden a horse as many times as I've ridden an elephant -- once -- and I thought the elephant had a much smoother ride.

But last May FLOGette and I took a little vacation at a "resort" in eastern Oregon, just outside Frenchglen. It featured "modular cabins," better known as "trailers," and apparently had a resident, free-roaming horse.

Very down-home, I know. How rustic and cowboy-ey. Only trouble was, every night when we repaired to the lanai for our sunset cocktails, the damned horse would come begging for carrots. And, as we were the only guests at the time, it would stand next to the lanai whether we gave it carrots or not, and would not leave until we went inside.

And it would fart. I had never seen or heard a horse fart before. What they do is raise their tails, hold real still, and let loose a very long fffffaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. From the sound you can tell that this is no human or dog fart. You can almost picture the gallons of emission coming forth, as though a natural gas valve had been thrown wide open.

fffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This ****ing horse had the same atmospheric effect, outdoors on a windblown desert bluff, as my dogs do in small, unventilated rooms: the sensation of suffocation. Have you ever been driven indoors by a fart? No? Has a fart ever made you close the window? No? Then you've never met the business end of a horse.
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #4
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Hmmm.... My x would fart and lock the windows when we were driving... Theres my story. Lol.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #5
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBystal
Hmmm.... My x would fart and lock the windows when we were driving... Theres my story. Lol.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
02 F4i SOLD, 07 CBR600RR SOLD

or pull the sheets over her head while in bed!
Robert95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #7
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

That too..... Like seriously... Why would I WANT to smell his farts. Thats not nice... Guys dont lock the car door, and dont pull the sheet up... If you dont want her to do the same thing.

Baaaahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahaha
Old 10-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #8
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

Send a message via AIM to GsxrStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBystal
That too..... Like seriously... Why would I WANT to smell his farts. Thats not nice... Guys dont lock the car door, and dont pull the sheet up... If you dont want her to do the same thing.

Baaaahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahaha
Old 10-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #9
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Scares you huh??
Old 10-12-2006, 11:10 PM   #10
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

wrd,,,,!
Old 10-12-2006, 11:12 PM   #11
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Old 10-12-2006, 11:15 PM   #12
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

are you trying to be a post ? you have a long way to go
Old 10-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #13
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Im trying to catch up with ya'll guys... How many do I have now????
Old 10-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #14
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

Old 10-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #15
Crystalline
Can't ride now...