Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #61
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by exalted512 View Post
Her name is Melanie. I'll see if I can find out if she saw the whole thing.
-Cody
yeah she called in the wreck, i was looking down turn 6 throughout turn 7. so im sure she knows what went down that day
TTD @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) JULY 19th & 20th ROLL CALL FastLine Taking it to the Track 48 07-19-2008 06:57 AM
July 21st@TWS (Texas World Speedway).....Roll Call!!! houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 177 07-21-2007 10:43 PM
Roll Call for TWS (Texas World Speedway) July 2 Ridesmart CobraCBR Taking it to the Track 19 06-30-2007 12:05 PM
Official Roll Call for July 3rd Ridesmart TWS (Texas World Speedway) hfa3g11 Taking it to the Track 12 06-19-2006 01:51 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #62
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

next time you see someone making questionable moves like that, please tell a staff member immediately. sorry about your dad, i was there shortly after it happened, i was the first staff member at the scene followed by another staffer, AJ did a great job and so did the EMT's, as for blaming another rider, please wait to find out the true story.

sorry to hear of the injury he sustained and we hope that he makes a full and fast recovery.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #63
Nappy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
06 CBR1000 RR blue&yellow

Quote:
I'm guessing your dad doesnt remember?

I'd refrain from calling the dude out and saying he's the reason why your dad has a broken neck unless you know that's the case. AJ600RR was corner working 6, I'd start by PMing him.

I know exactly who you're referring to though. He passed me in turn 10 a little closer than I thought he should have, but I only had to make a slight adjustment.
-Cody
No doubt thats why I was hoping to get some more info from someone on here. Ive talked to the corner worker and i've talked to the rider. Whether it was his fault or not I am going through with it. There is no reason to ride like that at a track day, maybe I can help keep someone else from going down because of him.
Nappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #64
Nappy

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
next time you see someone making questionable moves like that, please tell a staff member immediately. sorry about your dad, i was there shortly after it happened, i was the first staff member at the scene followed by another staffer, AJ did a great job and so did the EMT's, as for blaming another rider, please wait to find out the true story.

sorry to hear of the injury he sustained and we hope that he makes a full and fast recovery.
Thanks to everyone who helped for doing a great job getting him under control and to the hospital. I will inform someone sooner next time. I hope the other rider had nothing to do with it. I hope that I am wrong. But I am making a point out of it so that I can find the truth out.

I dont want to make a big deal out of it all. I just want the true story and I want the rider to be aware of his recklessness if he does post on here.

Last edited by Nappy; 07-05-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #65
Nappy

Bike(s):

Quote:
Her name is Melanie. I'll see if I can find out if she saw the whole thing.
-Cody
Thank you, I would appreciate that.

I do apologize for the neck comment blaming the other rider. I am just trying to make sure people realize the seriousness of the matter its not like it was just an easy off. If that was the case I would have probably never brought it up.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #66
exalted512
Slow^^^

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to exalted512
YGPM Nappy. Sounds like he just ran wide and possibly target fixated. It wasn't caused by any other riders. I'd suggest if you'd like to express any concerns of your track day, that you contact LSTD directly. They're a great bunch of people and their number one concern is rider safety.

I hope your dad has a speedy and full recovery! That's part of the danger us rider's partake in every time we swing our leg over the seat. Hopefully you guys will be back at the track again soon!
-Cody
exalted512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #67
Nappy

Bike(s):

Thanks for the PM. Ill show it to him this evening. I have no issues with LSTD. The danger is understood and accepted.

Ill be at another one this month hopefully.