MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #21
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

having come off and broken leg, ribs, collar bone i found myself wishing i was in the boucy ball club cause i feel crashers fall into two catergories. the bouncers who don't get hurt and the slab of steaks who break stuff
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
High speed chase Schmidie Off Topic 14 03-15-2013 08:46 PM
I see your high speed cornering and raise you a low speed corner... Hi-Side General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 07-22-2011 07:56 PM
high speed crash TWISTED METAL General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 11-19-2006 01:37 PM
high speed friday wheelieboy929 Events, Meets and Rides 44 09-10-2005 03:09 PM
top speed run and high speed wheelies. CBR 1000 CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-19-2005 10:29 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #22
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I've been down a couple of times at GSS. I think, oops, i better stop soon, ok. Then I think, how did I fall on the same spot twice on the same track, on different track days, LOL. Only full leathers and full gear let me have those peaceful thoughts.

On the road, my one fall on asphalt, my wrist got hot, so I lifted my arm uuntil my got hot, then I rolled over. 30MPH on wet asphalt isn't that bad.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #23
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

the worst crash i have had wasn't on a bike but with a kite used for kiteboarding. I did however have time to think about the crash and in hindsight... i was dumb and glad to still be alive. I'd imagine this is about what it feels like to highside

Background: i wanted to learn to kiteboard so a bought a 3 meter trainer kite to practice with. I got very proficient with that and could fly it in my sleep. I then found a good deal on an 18 meter 4 line kite. I was itching to try it out but couldn't get enough time off work to try it at the beach but i desperately wanted to fly it. I decided to go to the local soccer field and sit on a trashcan lid and let it drag me around. i got tired of that and decided to put it up, this is where the trouble started.

the crash: I had a friend with me to help me launch and land the kite. you are SUPPOSED to fly it over at 90 degrees to the wind and flip it over, however the wind was too high so by the time i could do that, it'd be pulling me to hard and I'd be at the fence. so... being the intelligent person that i am, I decided just to go from the top stright to the ground. I knew better in hindsight but i was tired. that takes the kite through it's peak power zone. I knew it'd pull hard but i wasn't expecting THAT kind of hard. I had a harness around my waist with a handle in the back that i told my friend to hold on to... he gave a valiant effort, but as i dove the kite towards the ground, it ripped me from him in fractions of a second and i was being launched like a pellet shot from a slingshot. i didn't realize what was happening because i was watching the kite dive from above me. I realized when it hit the ground with a loud thud that i wasn't on the ground. I look down and here it comes... my collision with a planet.... Oh , THIS IS GONNA HURT... TUCK AND ROLL...

my friend said that as soon as i turned the kite towaards the ground, he knew it'd be bad. he fell back onto his and looked up and i was about 30 yards away and about 30 feet high. by the time i completed my tuck and roll maneuver, i had travelled about 100 yards, you could see where i initially landed about 50-60 yards from where i launched from.

SUMMARY: you have enough time to realize this is going to suck, please don't die, here comes the impact... ouch, ahh, ohh, , flip a few times, ouch again, , damnit, that's my ankle, my head, flip again, slide a little, try to stand up, fall over again because you are still moving, this is lasting forever, please stop, stop stop, stop... is it over? ask the person next to you, are you real or an angel... ok, i didn't die... let's not try that again.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #24
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews View Post
,I hope I dont go under the Armco,where is that car at? YouTube - ‪Bike Crash at Lonestar Motorsports Park 3/6/10‬‏
This vid came to mind first
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #25
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

I crashed out in turn 1 at TWS (Texas World Speedway). Last time I looked down said 140ish but I scrubbed a lot of speed off by the time I hit the flat part. Nothing went through my mind besides letting go of the brake and trying to ride it out through the grass (didn't work) I think I still had a little brake on as I hit the grass. It happened really fast. What hurt the most was the ditch out there. Hit my shoulder pretty good and took a knock on the head. The thing that really sucked it that it tore my faceshield off on one side and scooped an assload of dirt in my face/eyes. I was basically crying when I stood up cause my eyes were burning from the dirt. I got up and fell back down after. Shoulda let the meat wagon take me. Didn't break anything tho
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #26
knee_dragger

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
All that goes through my mind is, "Mother fkr. How much is this going to cost"?
Haha me too!
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #27
cychotic
Banned

Experience: 1-3 months

User is banned

cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #28
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark06gsxr View Post
I crashed out in turn 1 at TWS (Texas World Speedway). Last time I looked down said 140ish but I scrubbed a lot of speed off by the time I hit the flat part. Nothing went through my mind besides letting go of the brake and trying to ride it out through the grass (didn't work) I think I still had a little brake on as I hit the grass. It happened really fast. What hurt the most was the ditch out there. Hit my shoulder pretty good and took a knock on the head. The thing that really sucked it that it tore my faceshield off on one side and scooped an assload of dirt in my face/eyes. I was basically crying when I stood up cause my eyes were burning from the dirt. I got up and fell back down after. Shoulda let the meat wagon take me. Didn't break anything tho
What bike were you riding and how long ago?
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #29
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
What bike were you riding and how long ago?
Same bike in my avatar. That was last year in sept/oct IIRC.
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #30
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

Word of advice.Dont try to stop once you hit the ground.Its your first instinct but it will get you hurt
Old 06-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #31
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Word of advice.Dont try to stop once you hit the ground.Its your first instinct but it will get you hurt
I would always see racers crash on TV and see them trying to get up while they were still sliding and wonder why the they do that til I crashed and tried to get up to sadly find out that I was just flipping in mid air. I thought I had stopped.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #32
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)
1985 Honda CR 125R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxergirloh2 View Post
the sounds of concrete on your helmet.....its crazy. i kept having those dreams that feel like your falling after that happened.
Iíd rather hear the sounds of a helmet, rather than the sounds of my skull. I watched my drunk uncle highside my fourwheeler once. He ended up under it on the asphalt. When we got it off him, he was missing a large patch of hair, but he was going slow enough and his head hard enough that his damage was only cosmetic. At the time I let him ride it I didnít realize he was drunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
All that goes through my mind is, "Mother fkr. How much is this going to cost"?
Yea that oneís allready went thru my mind and I havenít even went down yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
having come off and broken leg, ribs, collar bone i found myself wishing i was in the boucy ball club cause i feel crashers fall into two catergories. the bouncers who don't get hurt and the slab of steaks who break stuff
Fortunately, I am definitely in the bouncy ball club. I always joke with people that Iíve spent my whole life teaching myself how to hit the ground very hard and bounce back up with only minor scrapes and scratches. Hopefully, my luck will hold out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
the worst crash i have had wasn't on a bike but with a kite used for kiteboarding.
Iíve got a small Nasa Parawing 5. I use for kite buggying I can imagineÖÖÖ..ouch! I also used to windsurf. The wind has some serious power. Especially when you stick up a sail or kite that is too big for the day. Done that once and almost ended up being blown over the Lake Houston Dam. I had to wait 2 days for the weather to calm down before I could go back and get my gear. Had visions of my wetsuit clad body being found down river on that one.
Quote:
Word of advice. Dont try to stop once you hit the ground. Its your first instinct but it will get you hurt
Good advice never goes out of style. Iíve heard this before, but thanks for reiterating it.
Thanks to all for the replys.
Hopefully, I(and others) will learn a few things from reading them.
Destruction and mayhem always suxs for those involved, but it makes for good reading - for those just reading.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #33
MrBoom

Bike(s):
A Bike: 2013 RSV4 R
B Bike: 2010 RSV4 Factory
PPIHC A Bike: 2007 SXV 550
PPIHC B Bike: 2007 SXV 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
So here's my ???'s What started going thru your mind the instant you figured out that it all had gone wrong? And what were you thinking as you were sliding/flip/flopping along wishing you weren't? What actually happened that caused you to go down?
I can't answer your questions because I don't remember a thing after I got on the track.
MrBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:51 AM   #34
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

ground...sky...ground...sky...ground...sky...groun d...sky...ground...sky...ground...sky...i hope gopro on my bike is catching this...ground...sky...ground...sky...
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:57 AM   #35
ELSpurgeO
Jeremy

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 R6
04 R6
02 R6
06 ZX10 *SOLD* 05 ZX636 *SOLD*
04 CBR1000RR *SOLD* 99 ZX9 *RIP*

I got side swiped on my zx-9 in Miami at about 75. I hit the median and went over it, luckily it was about midnight so minimal traffic. I remember the car hitting me then being in the air, then my head hitting the pavement. I had a helmet on but no jacket so i can vaguely remember being in the ambulance hearing "He's gonna pass out". Next I can remember having rocks scraped out of my arms, then 3 days later I woke up.

Morale to the story... wear your gear.
ELSpurgeO is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement