MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #101
khub

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
03 CBR600RR

that awesome man, my bro told me your story yesterday and im with him you have some control. I check on my bike all the time and its stressful even in a place you know. Its good to know we have our brother back on two wheels.
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
To Hung DMC Stubbs Cycles "The Original" 3 09-21-2013 11:24 AM
RIP William Hung CBRguyIZcool Off Topic 16 06-09-2009 11:57 AM
man this guy is hung.... Solracer Off Topic 38 09-09-2007 11:59 AM
When Motorcycle Engineers come in hung-over… Herf General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 07-06-2006 11:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #102
dabus63
Senőr Member

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 1000
04 R1 (sold)
04 R6 (stolen)
99 GSXR 750 (sold)
1990 YSR 50 (in storage)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgaWhat View Post
if i ever move into an apartment or have to park my bike in an exposed area, Low jack is the only answer
Yeah Low Jack is the way to go if your n apts. I had mines stolen last year so now I just roll my current motorcycle into my front door.

And great to hear you got her back.

Last edited by dabus63; 01-21-2012 at 11:59 PM.
dabus63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #103
HMFIC

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Any updates on the thieves?
Old 01-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #104
smoky

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 kawasaki zx9r
Honda cbr f4i
Yamaha r6
Yamaha fz6
Ducati 949

check craigs list thats the first thing they do good luck
Old 01-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #105
Hung
Yes that's my name.

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R6
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Suzuki SV650N
2005 Honda CBR 600RR (Stolen, Recovered)
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
Any updates on the thieves?
Holy old thread batman! Unfortunately the conclusion to my story is not as epic as I would have imagined or liked. As cliche as it sounds, the perpetrator found with my bike did essentially receive just a slap on the wrist. I was informed he cooperated with law enforcement to release the name of the thief. However, it was something and I quote, "generic." The officers could not obtain a physical address because the baller thief got evicted from his place of residence before giving up the bike. In addition to this, the perpetrator had a witness that testified that he received the bike from said thief to learn on it and potentially purchase it.

Thus, is still out there. I'm sure karma and justice will corner him eventually. Natheless, we win some, we lose some. Overall I would consider we did win to a degree. We do have the bike back.

Three months now under construction and it's back on the road. I actually just took her to class. For anyone wondering, I do have correct coverage on it now and it is well kept. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon and continuing where we left off.

*Special shout out to Floyd600 for the long evenings lol.*
Hung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #106
MisterVu
Breasteses

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki Zx6-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hung View Post
Holy old thread batman! Unfortunately the conclusion to my story is not as epic as I would have imagined or liked. As cliche as it sounds, the perpetrator found with my bike did essentially receive just a slap on the wrist. I was informed he cooperated with law enforcement to release the name of the thief. However, it was something and I quote, "generic." The officers could not obtain a physical address because the baller thief got evicted from his place of residence before giving up the bike. In addition to this, the perpetrator had a witness that testified that he received the bike from said thief to learn on it and potentially purchase it.

Thus, is still out there. I'm sure karma and justice will corner him eventually. Natheless, we win some, we lose some. Overall I would consider we did win to a degree. We do have the bike back.

Three months now under construction and it's back on the road. I actually just took her to class. For anyone wondering, I do have correct coverage on it now and it is well kept. Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon and continuing where we left off.

*Special shout out to Floyd600 for the long evenings lol.*
TIME TO GO TO THE TRACK WITH US!
MisterVu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #107
Urbangatsby
n00b Rider

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 650R

Do you have an apt on the first floor or second floor? If first, have you thought about just keeping it in your living room or spare guest room? And you said well kept, so is it still at your friends house with the garage?

This thread is like an homer epic poem....I keep checking for updates on the bike....congrats on getting your bike...I hope you have LoJack or some gps tracking of some sort...it seems they weren't pros and just crackheads that stolen your bike so I'm sure they wouldn't know how to disarm a LoJack system properly without triggering it

*also do you have brake locks just in case you ride to the mall or store and have to leave it outside?

Advertisement