MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #81
MisterVu
Breasteses

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki Zx6-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterVu View Post
BTW Hung i do have an extra like new rear tire with only about 1500 miles on it, although its a 190. It's yours if you need it just lmk. Its a Pilot Power i beleive.
And congrats again man.. Hopefully next time we track you'll actually be able to join in instead of meeting us there to hang out
MisterVu is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
To Hung DMC Stubbs Cycles "The Original" 3 09-21-2013 11:24 AM
RIP William Hung CBRguyIZcool Off Topic 16 06-09-2009 11:57 AM
man this guy is hung.... Solracer Off Topic 38 09-09-2007 11:59 AM
When Motorcycle Engineers come in hung-overů Herf General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 07-06-2006 11:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #82
jakeg

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Congrats Hung! Glad you got it back.
jakeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #83
joeybaila

Feedback Rating: (10)

2010 too fiddy

another coming soon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Wow

You should post their address so we can go over there and steal their
I like the sound of that, fkrs

Congrats on getting your girl back.
joeybaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #84
Stang Man
being rude

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000
2005 KTM 625 SMC(sold)
1994 ZX-11(sold)
1983 Honda Nighthawk(sold)

Member Garage

Great end to this story!

I can't wait to see it back to its former glory, thats so awesome!
Family bikes: V-Star 1100, Harley 883, KLR-650
Stang Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #85
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAN636 View Post
what do u think u might get from those chickenshit theives? a few guns, some crack, or maybe a old cadillac sittin on 22s? awesome gettin your bike back. maybe u can get an estimate on repairs and contact the prosecuter and get some restitution out of thier punk . i hate thieves
Hey hit em where it hurts!! I'm sure crack and their Cadillac on 22" rims is all they adore in life much like our 2 wheel passion. Taking that away from them would give those a taste of what it feels to be violated

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #86
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

i honestly dont know what makes me happier. the fact that you got your bike back, or that someone is actually gonna fall for it instead of nothing happening. awesome news.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #87
Hung
Yes that's my name.

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R6
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Suzuki SV650N
2005 Honda CBR 600RR (Stolen, Recovered)
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)

Huge thank you for all the congratulations. I don't think it's even sunk in yet that I have her back. I do feel and know that I am incredibly, no, insanely lucky. She's been sitting secure in a friend's garage for now until I get done with my last exam and I can work on her. Some of the parts are already in transit but I'm not a baller by any means so it'll take a while.

Yanni, really sorry to hear about your loss. Like many of my other friends and fellow forum members, my passion for justice isn't stopping at just getting my bike back. I asked the officer to contact me once went down and I'd come back to verify/testify/crucify whoever the they found. He asked me to call back Friday and I just got off the phone with the Auto Theft Dept. He said today's a holiday so they are short handed and that I should call back on Monday. I will keep you guys posted on that. *My thoughts on why he wasn't charged immediately with anything was to lure out the real thief and perhaps unravel a better connection to get to the bottom of this motorcycle theft in Houston.*

As far as releasing their address, I don't see much good coming from that. That's funny you guys are mentioning Cadillac's on 22's because one of the guys there was scared and denying he knew anything about bikes when I asked him did he wire it...saying something like "You ask me about a slab I can help ya...I don't know anything about bikes." Sadly, the stereotype, however derogatory, isn't far off from the truth.

I could have unleashed on them when I saw them there but like I said it was 3-5 grown men, 3 black maybe 2 mexican, and 2 mexican women...I didn't know who lived where or if they were just being nosey neighbors or friends. Once I saw my bike it was like their heavy breathing and snarling comments didn't mean in the cold evening background. Only one of them said something to me and it wasn't clear over the bike idling but I replied and said something to the tune of: "Were you the one riding my bike? You know what, it doesn't even matter. I'm shocked my bike is still here. Let me tell you something. Five months ago someone took it, and I haven't been the same since. That person along with whoever else likes to steal deserves to burn. If you want to take the heat for that, be my guest." After that I just got on the bike, put on my gloves, and rode off.

My wish is for any and everyone that has had their bike stolen to have the same feeling I had that evening. Nothing on the bike worked except the headlights and the motor, but it was enough to get me home. I was so afraid I'd have trouble finding neutral or I'd get hit by some idiot. However, it was like an extension of me again, and the connection was reestablished: I knew the bike, and it remembered me too.
Hung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #88
Deebo
formerly known as v.viney

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Monster S2R 1000
1996 Suzuki Intruder 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hung View Post
Huge thank you for all the congratulations. I don't think it's even sunk in yet that I have her back. I do feel and know that I am incredibly, no, insanely lucky. She's been sitting secure in a friend's garage for now until I get done with my last exam and I can work on her. Some of the parts are already in transit but I'm not a baller by any means so it'll take a while.

Yanni, really sorry to hear about your loss. Like many of my other friends and fellow forum members, my passion for justice isn't stopping at just getting my bike back. I asked the officer to contact me once went down and I'd come back to verify/testify/crucify whoever the they found. He asked me to call back Friday and I just got off the phone with the Auto Theft Dept. He said today's a holiday so they are short handed and that I should call back on Monday. I will keep you guys posted on that. *My thoughts on why he wasn't charged immediately with anything was to lure out the real thief and perhaps unravel a better connection to get to the bottom of this motorcycle theft in Houston.*

As far as releasing their address, I don't see much good coming from that. That's funny you guys are mentioning Cadillac's on 22's because one of the guys there was scared and denying he knew anything about bikes when I asked him did he wire it...saying something like "You ask me about a slab I can help ya...I don't know anything about bikes." Sadly, the stereotype, however derogatory, isn't far off from the truth.

I could have unleashed on them when I saw them there but like I said it was 3-5 grown men, 3 black maybe 2 mexican, and 2 mexican women...I didn't know who lived where or if they were just being nosey neighbors or friends. Once I saw my bike it was like their heavy breathing and snarling comments didn't mean in the cold evening background. Only one of them said something to me and it wasn't clear over the bike idling but I replied and said something to the tune of: "Were you the one riding my bike? You know what, it doesn't even matter. I'm shocked my bike is still here. Let me tell you something. Five months ago someone took it, and I haven't been the same since. That person along with whoever else likes to steal deserves to burn. If you want to take the heat for that, be my guest." After that I just got on the bike, put on my gloves, and rode off.

My wish is for any and everyone that has had their bike stolen to have the same feeling I had that evening. Nothing on the bike worked except the headlights and the motor, but it was enough to get me home. I was so afraid I'd have trouble finding neutral or I'd get hit by some idiot. However, it was like an extension of me again, and the connection was reestablished: I knew the bike, and it remembered me too.
^This is why we ride motorcycles

in under-achiever category
Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #89
Yanni

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha V-Star 1100
Yamaha YZ450F
Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote:

As far as releasing their address, I don't see much good coming from that.
The med. center area is notorious for car and bike thefts. If someone had his vehicle stolen in that area recently, it won't hurt to drive around just in case....

It's useless information to me personally, after a year it's pointless to keep looking.

But I think it might help someone if you would at least point the street block, no need to provide street number/ apt number or other specifics. No pressure though if you got your reasons.
Yanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #90
Jefe

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'12 Haro Flightline 29er
'09 R6 (sold)
'07 V-Star 1100 Custom (sold)
'01 F4i (sold)

Congrats, glad to hear you got your bike back. Perfect timing, weather is awesome!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #91
351fox
BRAWP BRAWP

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

06 gsxr 750

Congrats on getting the bike back in one piece. As long as it's been gone I would have assumed that it would have been parted out or swapped to a different frame by now. I've had a turbo integra stolen from me so i know the feeling of walking out to your hard work and having it not be there. Glad to see a happy ending to this one.
351fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #92
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Nice! Way to go el cops (swine to others)!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #93
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

congrats on the return dude

on another note, post up the info on the outcome of the charges. I'd like to read that the ridin ur bike gets what's comin to him. fukk that punk
Old 11-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #94
ciao_strada

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
CBR600F4i '04

+1 for the good guys! Congrats again!
ciao_strada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #95
Joshua42007

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

badass man, really good to here you got your bike back.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #96
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Congrats man
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #97
ecclissiass

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha YZF-R1 (stolen)
2005 Honda CBR600RR (traded)
1993 Honda CBR900RR (wrecked)
2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Ducati Diavel (dream bike #2)

Member Garage

Congrats.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #98
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Congrats Hung! We should go ride sometime when you get it put back together. K Dubya can put you in touch.

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #99
AngusTEx
Hang the up & DRIVE

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Honduh

Quote:
He asked me if I still wanted to press charges and I said "yes them all I don't care."
Quote:
It felt so good reading this.

I hope they get the maximum. Unfortunately the punishment is just a slap on the wrist, but hopefully not this time. I wouldn't be surprised if their "hobby" is what funds their dumb donks. Car and bike thieves deserve to burn, here and in .

Congrats, Hung. It was all well written, too.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #100
coreyTLS

Bike(s):
1998 Suzuki TL1000s
2000 Suzuki DR-Z400
1996 Kawasaki KX60
1980 honda CB900c bobber

YEAH!! i started at the beginning of this thread and just got to the recovery announcement, very stoked for you bro, and i wouldnt have been able to resist the urge to curb stomp every one of those theiving , you have much more self control than I. but congrats dude! lock it up tight so it doesnt happen again!
coreyTLS is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement