MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #41
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
Someone busted your taillight in the pits at MSRH? I know a lot has happened since then, but I'd have gone ballistic on that one. Who with someone else's bike in the pits?????
I with your bike.
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
To Hung DMC Stubbs Cycles "The Original" 3 09-21-2013 11:24 AM
RIP William Hung CBRguyIZcool Off Topic 16 06-09-2009 11:57 AM
man this guy is hung.... Solracer Off Topic 38 09-09-2007 11:59 AM
When Motorcycle Engineers come in hung-overů Herf General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 07-06-2006 11:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #42
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

That's very sad that you have to worry about your bike being vandalized over there, especial if you've done nothing wrong.

Sorry to hear about your crash, and the theft of your bike. I'm glad your OK, and you weren't hurt in any of this. The bike is only material and can be replaced, Im hoping you get your bike back in one piece.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #43
haOo
Ninja

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 CBR 600rr

thieves
haOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #44
SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
Semper Fi

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha TTR50

Send a message via Yahoo to SiMpLyMoDiFiEd Send a message via Skype™ to SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
note to self stay away from the medical center
Old 06-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #45
GIXXERKELLY
Squid in training

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2003 Honda CR125
2015 Husqvarna TC 125

I hope you get another bike soon Hung!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:00 AM   #46
murderedout07
The new guy in town!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
07 RCC Turbos Ultra kit equipped Hayabusa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
If I lived in apartments I would at least have a GPS hidden somewhere on it.

Sorry to hear about your bike.
Or a garage... Or rent a place at a secure storage place.
murderedout07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:23 AM   #47
ciao_strada

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
CBR600F4i '04

wow, i just read this Hung... That's terrible man, I hope you're feeling somewhat better about it by now tho.
And now I lost a track buddy too for the season prolly
ciao_strada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #48
Hung
Yes that's my name.

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R6
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Suzuki SV650N
2005 Honda CBR 600RR (Stolen, Recovered)
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)

kib, yeah idk who broke my tail light but that was only the beginning for me...

Josh, Hao, thanks for the support. Pleasure knowing you gentlemen.

Kelly, hey, they took the rear front tire I just got from you too. Thank you for checking in.

Ciao, yea, I'm out. I'm glad we got to at least enjoy that one track day.

Simply has a point. The med center, although changing the world day by day with what is done here, is irrevocably diseased with poverty stricken individuals that get bored way too often. You can build up some of the most state of the art facilities, gather some of the most brilliant minds the world has to offer, yet still cannot escape some of the lowest scum of the world knocking on your doorstep. You try to do right and you get done wrong. Guess what? One day when said thief or family/friend of theirs ends up with some illness or requires cancer treatment, I hope they don't get it. Maybe then you may come close to feeling as I do right in this moment.

Every time I leave or come home now, passing that parking spot saddens and infuriates me at the same time. I don't even enjoy coming home anymore. Just driving around this area invokes a very deep anger and frustration in me. However, I know taking justice into my own hands would just be a viscous cycle that would never end.

As far as getting another bike, it is impossible. I worked and saved up for quite some time to obtain that one. I pay my own bills, rent, and high tuition costs. If the thief is on a level where he can read or see this, thank you for taking away my hard work, my stress relief; my bike.

Last edited by Hung; 06-26-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Hung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #49
Joey_Redd
Viking Rider

Location: Currently Denmark, though I'll be back in Houston soon.

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
XR100 my first bike, I still haven't sold it.

I really hope you find it or at least find the guy who did it, also perhaps someone should put their bike out as bait and then get the who trys to take it lol
Joey_Redd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #50
Trish

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 CBR600rr
2006 DRZ400SM

dude sorry to hear....

My Type R was stolen from my condo when I first moved to Houston because I didn't have a garage. After 2 days, I started looking for a new place to live, no lie.... it's hard. If they know you have good taste, they might come back for more of your belongings.

I hope they find it in one piece. I "bought" my car back from insurance after it was totaled because it was MY car, pride and joy, etc... I'm sure you understand.

The best thing for you to do is either get a garage, or get the out of that area...
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #51
thewingo

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2011 H-D Iron...1200!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_Redd View Post
I really hope you find it or at least find the guy who did it, also perhaps someone should put their bike out as bait and then get the who trys to take it lol

This is said way too often. Why don't you go ahead and volunteer then? Someone always wants to suggest putting someone else's property up for sacrifice. Unless your willing to put your bike up, don't suggest it.
thewingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #52
Hung
Yes that's my name.

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R6
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Suzuki SV650N

Joey, Bevo actually started something like this a while back but I don't know if they've made any progress.

Trish, I am so sorry about your ITR. That's my girl's favorite car and we plan to buy one once everything is good in our lives. I've been into cars for a long time so I know what that can do to you too. I cant even believe living in upgraded quarters such as a condo couldn't keep you safe. I have major respect for you for picking it back up from insurance. Everyone takes the B18C5, the red stitched interior, the 5 lug conversion, everything on that car is a work of art. I thank you for sharing your story with me.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #53
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

hung. i just read this.. really sorry about your bike man.. sucks when people wont work but take other peoples hard earned property.. i hope he or they wreck or fall off an over pass . serves the bastards right... hope you find it. or can get another soon...

Jim

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #54
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.
2012 Yamaha R1 Moto GP Edition

I was more surprised to find someone smashed your taillight at MSRH, what an . I would of thought everyone respected the other persons property. Im sorry about your bike though.
ivancuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:11 AM   #55
haythamboi600
Engineer.

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr-600 (sold)
07 cbr-RR 600 (sold)
07 R6 (sold)
09 R1

Where is MY PHONE ** NEED TO ADD THEFT INSURANCE on my liability **

Sorry about your bike brother. hope karma (drunk driver) takes care of that low life.
haythamboi600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #56
grsa

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Hung bike stolen, you maybe should be looking for a woman.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #57
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Sorry bout your bike bro. Small world though I heard this same story from a friend of mine recently. She was telling me how her roommates bf had his bike stolen from the med center right after he went to the track. I was like his name Hung? Silver CBR? She was kind of like yeah....

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #58
Hung
Yes that's my name.

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R6
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Suzuki SV650N

UPDATE

***UPDATE***BIKE HAS BEEN RETRIEVED!!!

A week ago Thursday around 10PM I received a call from HPD informing me that they had found my bike. It was located not 15 minutes from where it was stolen in the medical center where I lived previously. Police asked me to meet them on site to verify that it was in fact mine. I was at a friend's house studying and immediately went home to grab my paperwork and gear (it was high 40's that evening.)

It felt like I took forever to get there and it probably did since my friend got lost. Fourty minutes later we get there and thankfully the police waited. The street was so pitch black dark I couldn't even see anything when the officer asked me if that was my bike over there. He finally pointed the flashlight and up until I saw it with my own eyes I didn't believe it...there it was, sitting right near the side of the street.

There were 3-5 grown black men standing behind it and some women too but I didn't really pay attention. I just visually looked over the bike with my own flashlight and saw all the damage they'd caused. I proceeded to show the police my papers for the bike and he said, "Yep, that's it."

Of course, I had to ask; How? How the after nearly six months did they just find it in this ghetto of all places? The officer told me one of those guys had been riding it in the neighborhood, attempting to learn. The neighbors called in for a noise complaint and when the police came out to investigate it, they saw the bike and questioned him about it. He told them that a friend of his who was getting evicted gave him the bike because he could no longer keep it. It wasn't his but he was just using it to learn how to ride. Well cops noticed the missing plates (which I removed for trackday @ MSRH) and ran the VIN and called me! Busted.

Cops asked me if any of them looked like the guy I saw on camera stealing the bike. Unfortunately none of them did. He asked me if I still wanted to press charges and I said "yes them all I don't care." He said he's giving that guy 4 days to release the information of his friend who gave him the bike or else he's taking all the charges and heat. Afterwards he told me I was free to go. I couldn't believe it; I even stumbled and said "What?" Cop then asked "Well don't you want to ride your bike?" I said "YES SIR!"

I proceeded to put the key in the ignition but it didn't work. I was following the wires they yanked with my flashlight when the cop asked one of the guys to come forward and show me how to start the bike. He reached down and said there's a switch hooked up. It bypassed the ignition thus you could start the bike with no key.... I can't even describe to you how it felt to hear that thing fire up and idle. Of course my gauge cluster didn't work, nor did half my taillight, but I didn't care. Mechanically she's just as I left her. Oh, and they broke my gas cap too along with a bunch of stupid cosmetic damage and did burnouts on my new rear tire. They even used duct tape and spray paint to make the bike look different...but it doesn't matter to me. She was back, and I can fix all the rest.

Thanks to all my Moto friends, to HPD, and a special thanks to dumbass thieves for getting caught. I hope to see you guys back out on two soon.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #59
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Wow

You should post their address so we can go over there and steal their

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS

Last edited by BYRDMAN; 11-10-2011 at 08:29 PM.
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #60
omer
SMR

Bike(s):
whatever is at the shop at the time ;)
2010 r1
2009 CBR1000RR
2006 GSXR600
2008 ZX10R