MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
ST675
01101000 01101001

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
lots of bikes from 80cc to 1200cc
Current : ZX11
KX80

Watch track days?

I have never been to a track day but have started looking into it more. The wife likes the idea as well. But I had what may be a basic question. Are people allowed to just come watch?

If I was to do a track day, the wife was saying that she ( and maybe the kids ) would like to come watch. but I did not know how any of that worked.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Track Days Prodigy Taking it to the Track 183 06-30-2009 12:15 PM
texas track days*ride smart*lone star track days DC_The_Boss Taking it to the Track 57 03-19-2009 10:26 PM
Why do you, personally, do track days? Or why did you attend your first track day? cdill35 Taking it to the Track 118 11-05-2008 09:25 PM
Tony Terrell Benefit Track Day, June 8th via Lone Star Track Days jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 2 05-10-2007 11:47 PM
Track Days... ratmzapa Taking it to the Track 30 06-21-2006 04:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

Yes, at most tracks.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
StewRat
Hive Investigator

Feedback Rating: (2)

2003 CRF230
2011 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
2012 Kawasaki KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST675 View Post
I have never been to a track day but have started looking into it more. The wife likes the idea as well. But I had what may be a basic question. Are people allowed to just come watch?

If I was to do a track day, the wife was saying that she ( and maybe the kids ) would like to come watch. but I did not know how any of that worked.
I recommend leaving the kids at home. It's hot and loud out there with lots of people buzzing around the pits. Also after the first hour they'll bored with no place to relax.
StewRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #4
NitroHonda
Deaf

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST675 View Post

I know some folks frown on it but I say bring them all! Loads of fun for them. If you have a younger one, I'd think about bringing a bicycle or something. My 9 yr old brought his Trikke. I brought both my 2 year old and 9 year old to MSRH yesterday. They had an absolute blast. In fact, I think my 2 year old had more fun than I did and I was riding! I will be putting him on a bike as soon as possible. That kid loves motorcycles to the extreme.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
the_ruckus
Literally Satan

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2001 Ducati Monster M600

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewRat View Post
I recommend leaving the kids at home. It's hot and loud out there with lots of people buzzing around the pits. Also after the first hour they'll bored with no place to relax.
BS! There are plenty of rattlesnakes at GSS to keep a child entertained!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
I might replace you with an orange cone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Natural selection just high fived poor judgement.
the_ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement