MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Safety Corner Main
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #21
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skin grafts redtalon3204 Off Topic 28 03-12-2011 06:19 PM
1 skin, 2 skin, 3 skin, foreskin..... Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 6 09-07-2008 09:15 PM
4 SKIN Solracer Off Topic 3 08-05-2007 09:33 PM
Got My Helmet Skin, Check it out! Racer X 05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 06-26-2007 12:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #22
Track_Graphics

Feedback Rating: (0)

Can we look at something I haven't seen referred too? She got on the back of a bike. There was obviously a dead-from-the-neck-up JERK in front of her. What the 773H was wrong with the guy going OVER 120 2 up???? THIS is where those scars came from. I don't know of ANYWHERE that's legal in the U.S. How much ya wanna bet that speed had something to do with the fall? No crystal ball but I'll also bet that had that POS driver been riding lawfully and with respect for his passenger she could have been riding buck a$$ naked and not gotten a single scar. Because HE WOULDN'T HAVE DUMPED IT. Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with her 1 bit, but by that short sentence on her board it's very clear that the brainless driver is more the cause of those scars than the pavement. I HOPE everyone sees what you are putting at risk when you got "stupid to the wall" with a passenger. You're not risking you skin - your risking hers.
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #23
CCH
Innocent Bystander

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati 996
1991 Suzuki RGV250m two-smoke bicycle on crack
1999 R6 sold to a dip$h!t
1995 Ducati 900SP gone, more or less
1999 Ducati 996 died a glorious death in North GA, Feb 2006

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
Can we look at something I haven't seen referred too? She got on the back of a bike. There was obviously a dead-from-the-neck-up JERK in front of her. What the 773H was wrong with the guy going OVER 120 2 up???? THIS is where those scars came from. I don't know of ANYWHERE that's legal in the U.S. How much ya wanna bet that speed had something to do with the fall? No crystal ball but I'll also bet that had that POS driver been riding lawfully and with respect for his passenger she could have been riding buck a$$ naked and not gotten a single scar. Because HE WOULDN'T HAVE DUMPED IT. Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with her 1 bit, but by that short sentence on her board it's very clear that the brainless driver is more the cause of those scars than the pavement. I HOPE everyone sees what you are putting at risk when you got "stupid to the wall" with a passenger. You're not risking you skin - your risking hers.
And friendly fire won't kill you and you never crash if your'e an awesome rider, and and and... Seriously? The ground is the ground is the ground. People go down all the time and it's not always their fault. If you think it's all due to the speed, I'll drive along at 60 and you can jump out. I'm sure you'll be fine.
CCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #24
Track_Graphics

CCH - Dude - I agree with you, but also "seriously?" - are you really the kind of guy that would put your love on the back of your bike and go over 120? My dad skidded to his death because of a mechanical failure - at 60mph, his wife was on the back. "Accidents" are accidents - foolish risk with someone else's skin is stupid. They didn't have to hit the ground - they could have hit a tree. Besides the handlebars, someone else's life is in your hands and they can't do a thing about what you do.
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #25
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Quote:
CCH - Dude - I agree with you, but also "seriously?" - are you really the kind of guy that would put your love on the back of your bike and go over 120? My dad skidded to his death because of a mechanical failure - at 60mph, his wife was on the back. "Accidents" are accidents - foolish risk with someone else's skin is stupid. They didn't have to hit the ground - they could have hit a tree. Besides the handlebars, someone else's life is in your hands and they can't do a thing about what you do.
+1000
Old 06-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #26
Bazzy

Bike(s):
'02 KTM Duke II

Nobody ever thinks it'll be them, but 120mph on the back of a bike? That's like stunting and getting mad when you drop it.

Bazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #27
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Correct. And if you read her website she thinks EVERY motorcycle rider/passenger should take action to save their own life. FREEDOM OF CHOICE.....I like her approach, she's taking her misfortune, turning it into an opportunity to educate others. Unlike others that would rather IMPOSE their will upon others instead of educate. One of my favorite lines on her website is below

"The next time you swing your leg over, I dare you to take responsibility for the way you are riding and the way the cars around you are reacting to your presence."
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #28
CCH
Innocent Bystander

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati 996
1991 Suzuki RGV250m two-smoke bicycle on crack
1999 R6 sold to a dip$h!t
1995 Ducati 900SP gone, more or less
1999 Ducati 996 died a glorious death in North GA, Feb 2006

Member Garage

Quote:
I am definitely not "that person.". I think I mistook your post to mean that if you don't put yourself in stupid situations you probably don't have much to worry about. Sorry. My point is just that crashing at normal speed from somebody else's fault while obeying all laws still hurts and satill happens. Sorry for taking yours wrong. I just can't count how many people have made comments to me about how they don't wear much gear because they're careful and/or a "good rider" (usualy greatly overestimated).
CCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #29
Hebert

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
2005 GSXR 600 - Sold
2010 XR1200 - Sold

I'd tap that.
Hebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #30
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post

Great message...just in time for summer.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #31
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebert View Post
I'd tap that.
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #32
BaptizedByFire
Future Organ Donor

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebert View Post
I'd tap that.
The scars dont look good by any means but knowing how she got them definitely makes me respect her hardcore. And yeah, she's still sexy.

This was a eye opener. I'm still a noob rider, prolly got about 1yr experience. I've made the mistake of taking a girl down the highway at 100+ with nothing but a helmet, knowing full well what would happen to her if we went down.

I definitely wasnt pushing it, but still. Thanks for posting this, its a reality check we could all use.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:42 PM   #33
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #34
thewingo

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2011 H-D Iron...1200!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Just imagine when you get this girl in bed, then she takes off her shirt and u barf cuz it looks like Freddy Kruegers face!!

dude....that's pretty up

after everything she's been through and come back from and you can't respect that?
thewingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #35
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #36
LadyDuc

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'96 Ducati 900 SS SP
'99 Ducati 750 SS sold
'89 Honda NT650 GT Hawk sold
'94 Suzuki Katana 750 sold
Not a bike but almost as fun; '05 Dodge Neon SRT-4 ACR

This is one of the first pages she ever put up, she has always referred to herself as "The Roadrash Queen". The link has some pretty gruesome pics.

It sucks she had to learn the hard way. It's super cool that she's remained positive and is taking responsibility for herself and her saftey.

http://wiki.sabmagfaq.org/Road%20Rash%20Queen

Quote:
Riders can't insulate themselves from death or dismemberment. But wearing the proper riding gear can help lessen whatever injuries result when a crash occurs.

Brittany Morrow learned that lesson the hard way. In September 2005, Morrow, a 22-year-old Albuquerque, N.M., resident, climbed on the back of a 2004 Suzuki GSX-R750 operated by her friend, Shaun.

She was an "experienced" passenger, but hadn't ridden in a while. "I was excited to be on a sportbike, even if it was as a passenger, after a long streak of no riding whatsoever," Morrow recalls.

She shed her prescription glasses for a pair of regular sunglasses and her cowboy hat for an oversized helmet. She put on a pair of Capri-style jeans and some tennis shoes, and threw on a sweatshirt over her bikini.
Off they went.

Forty-five minutes into the ride she started having to fight the wind to stay on the bike behind Shaun, without pulling on him too much. And then it happened. "I felt a rush of wind hit my face like a brick, and our bodies separated in an instant," she recalls. "My visor had come completely open, and the force pulled on my face and helmet so hard that it sent my head up and backwards." The force ripped her entire body off the back seat. "I remember thinking that if I grabbed Shaun's T-shirt, I would pull him down with me, but it was already too late to try and grab hold of him."

Brittany hit the pavement. "It was as if every breath I had ever taken rushed out of me in an instant," she says. "I could feel every inch of my body hitting the road, tumbling, sliding and grinding into the unforgiving surface. In a matter of seconds I had come to the conclusion that I was going to die, and I was OK with it. I knew this was far worse than anything I had ever gone through, and I was convinced I would not live to see the next day." She closed her eyes as she continued her 522-foot tumble down Highway 550. "I never lost consciousness," she says, "but I remember wishing that I had."
At first, she couldn't feel anything. A few moments passed and she tried to move. "I could tell that I had lost my left shoe. I noticed that my knees were uncovered when the little pieces of what I thought were gravel scraped against my skin, only to find out later that they were my actual kneecaps grinding against the pavement below them. I could smell my blood as it pooled beneath me on the road. "By the time the ambulance came and [they] rolled me onto my back, removed my helmet and called for the helicopter, I felt as if I had been cooking on the street for hours. Every nerve ending in my body was on fire."
Old 06-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #37
paniro187

I remember her now. dang she used to be alot hotter she pretty big now.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #38
Jofuzzy
rat fink king

Bike(s):
virago xv700

good post. delivers the importance of gear with actual proof of what can and will happen, and how it effects the rest of your life. but it also doesn't have to bash people who don't to get the point across. well done!
Jofuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #39
Vividkid

Another reason my 'riding season' in Houston is Fall thru Spring. Too hot in the summer to wear real gear. I keep seeing -clowns with $500+ lids wearing shorts, polos and k-swiss(people still buy those lol)....At least they'll be good and conscious while their skin is getting ripped off.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #40
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDuc View Post
This is one of the first pages she ever put up, she has always referred to herself as "The Roadrash Queen". The link has some pretty gruesome pics.

It sucks she had to learn the hard way. It's super cool that she's remained positive and is taking responsibility for herself and her saftey.

http://wiki.sabmagfaq.org/Road%20Rash%20Queen
This story needs it's own thread IMO...
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement