MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #21
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Silly. People who own cruisers don't ride. You have to set up a 'Trailer your bike' to some location meet.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #22
pinball
I got slow

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Silly. People who own cruisers don't ride. You have to set up a 'Trailer your bike' to some location meet.
Misc OhSnap

, that was funny.
pinball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #23
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Just keep at bro...Don't forget, the Katy meets started with just 3 people...Then 15 then a few times me and 2 other guys...

Now it's between 20-30 steady...We have our good days and our missed ones..Just stay consistent and they will come. As long as YOU are having fun, people will gravitate and start having fun themselves.

Keep it up!

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #24
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
Hey Pinball I appreciate it... I have no experience at this. I'm trying!!!
You're very welcome. It just takes a little time, and some trial and error. NewRider's input is golden. He's a tenacious little fugger, and him not giving up is the reason we have our big JCI meets.
pinball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #25
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Quote:
Doh.... LOL...

I usually see "Rockets" being trailered on long trips, meanwhile cruisers consistently ride Cross Country. For instance this weekend, I'm riding to the NE corner of Arkansas... 1500 miles in 4 days.... Wanna go? It's a family reunion...
Old 06-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #26
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
You're very welcome. It just takes a little time, and some trial and error. NewRider's input is golden. He's a tenacious little fugger, and him not giving up is the reason we have our big JCI meets.

I wanna be just like Ivan when I grow up.

Really though I am already talking to him for ideas.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #27
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Just keep at bro...Don't forget, the Katy meets started with just 3 people...Then 15 then a few times me and 2 other guys...

Now it's between 20-30 steady...We have our good days and our missed ones..Just stay consistent and they will come. As long as YOU are having fun, people will gravitate and start having fun themselves.

Keep it up!
Ivan I appreciate it.... Any help in the future will greatly help.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:14 AM   #28
thewingo

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2011 H-D Iron...1200!

Quote:
Doh.... LOL...

I usually see "Rockets" being trailered on long trips, meanwhile cruisers consistently ride Cross Country. For instance this weekend, I'm riding to the NE corner of Arkansas... 1500 miles in 4 days.... Wanna go? It's a family reunion...
Only if I can meet my future wife lmao jk man
thewingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:15 AM   #29
thewingo

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2011 H-D Iron...1200!

Quote:
bahahaha we have comfort to ride the distance if we want though
thewingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #30
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Doh.... LOL...

You see rockets being trailered when they are track bikes. That's different - they're not street legal. I see Hardleys on trailers much more often than I see rockets.

Oh, I forgot to add no, thank you for the lovely invite. I'm sure it will be a nice trip. For that I would trailer my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewingo View Post
bahahaha we have comfort to ride the distance if we want though
Yes, this is true. I have a cruiser, as well.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #31
creampie
gang member

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Suzuki Hayabusa

one of your meets as mentioned was on fathers day. not an ideal day to have a ride when many of us have kids who we might not get to see but every other weekend.

i dont see why we cant just attend other meets with the sport bike guys. no reason to be segregated, pretty sure they'd be ok . i've attended meets with out any issues. now when it comes to riding with them those boys and girls are nuts all while we cant keep up.

and big e i know folks who own sport bikes who ride more/further than some on harleys. my friend doug trailered his ultra classic to arkansas. i was like really bro thats one bike i'd love to go on a road trip with.
creampie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #32
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Quote:
Originally Posted by creampie View Post
one of your meets as mentioned was on fathers day. not an ideal day to have a ride when many of us have kids who we might not get to see but every other weekend.

i dont see why we cant just attend other meets with the sport bike guys. no reason to be segregated, pretty sure they'd be ok . i've attended meets with out any issues. now when it comes to riding with them those boys and girls are nuts all while we cant keep up.

and big e i know folks who own sport bikes who ride more/further than some on harleys. my friend doug trailered his ultra classic to arkansas. i was like really bro thats one bike i'd love to go on a road trip with.
We can and do meet with the sporty's quite a bit actually, for instance this next week I will be at JCI the central meet.

One the ideas that came out last night was that we will put some "cruiser" rides together but invite the Noob sporty's along since our pace is more suited for their skill levels.

But about distant riding, I have yet to meet a "sports" bike rider that has put 250k miles on his bike in 3 years, and I know several cruisers who have done that and more.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #33
creampie
gang member

Bike(s):
Suzuki Hayabusa

250,000 miles huh? i would love to meet these guys who have done this in 3 years.

name some guys, get them to sign up and share their adventures, pics of the odometer with them in the picture. kinda feeling like you are full of with the 250,000 mile comment.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #34
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

@Sqouddybody since you have a cruiser why not show up at one of our meets... Oh wait Ivan says you don't do meets...

About the trip to Arkansas I really didn't expect you to go anyway. But if you wanna cruise to Yankees sometime, hit me up.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #35
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Quote:
250,000 miles huh? i would love to meet these guys who have done this in 3 years.

name some guys, get them to sign up and share their adventures, pics of the odometer with them in the picture. kinda feeling like you are full of with the 250,000 mile comment.
I met the first one in Centerville at woody's on the East side of I-45 he works behind the counter he goes by Captain, stop by anytime he loves to talk bikes... By the way, we are Adults, and you don't know me, so keep it clean. I don't judge people, I may take what you say with a grain of salt, but I will always give you the benefit of the doubt.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #36
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Quote:
I met the first one in Centerville at woody's on the East side of I-45 he works behind the counter he goes by Captain, stop by anytime he loves to talk bikes... By the way, we are Adults, and you don't know me, so keep it clean. I don't judge people, I may take what you say with a grain of salt, but I will always give you the benefit of the doubt.
Impressive reply.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #37
creampie
gang member

Bike(s):
Suzuki Hayabusa

Quote:
you named one guy... what about the others, where did you meet them? several with 250,000 miles in three years. have a really hard time believing anything ANYONE says on the internet.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #38
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Quote:
you named one guy... what about the others, where did you meet them? several with 250,000 miles in three years. have a really hard time believing anything ANYONE says on the internet.
Galveston Bike Rally, talk to any Bike club. They all have riders that do it and their bikes are there, look at their odometers, then if you want call them a liar. Hey, just contact COC, they can send you a list probably. There are a lot of "Retired" people that travel the US year long that do this, granted they mostly have Goldwings, or Roadkings. But hey I'm a sales guy who loves to meet people of like interests so when I ride and I meet a group of riders I go talk to them. Sue me for not remembering every person I meet, bad with names, but if you will get out there and talk to people you can meet them too.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #39
creampie
gang member

Bike(s):
Suzuki Hayabusa

i will sue you for sure. lol

you said with in three years though. i dont doubt for a second people have put that many miles down on the road. it's not hard, just takes time. the doing it in three year part is what i have a hard time believing.

all bs aside it's nice to see some interest/activity in the cruisers lounge.

Last edited by creampie; 06-30-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #40
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Or if you want, call me a liar, I'm a big boy I can take it. I believe the term for my personality is "social butterfly" but whatever it's just a label. Anyway have a great 4th, I have to go to work. I will be back on later to answer any other comments. See me later.

Advertisement