MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Crickets

They should close this section. The few cruisers that are on Moto-Houston never do anything together.

I have personally tried to put together 2 rides, but no one wants to go.

Besides the Crickets ARE REALLY loud in this section.

I live to close to the Forest and biker bars where Cruisers hang out all the time. So if I sound frustrated, I am, I like the weekly meets with everyone, but this section needs to be put out of it's misery.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #2
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I'll take it out back and shoot it in the morning dude lol...

Yeah, the cruiser section doesn't have alot of traffic.
I wouldn't blame it on the sub-forum though.
Most cruiser riders I know aren't much for getting online and chatting, making meets etc.

Be persistent!
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:25 AM   #3
1340HIGH
1340HIGH

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley FXDC
420 Honda Rancher ATV

I agree the cruiser section is a bit unused, but why not keep it open, its not hurting any thing.
I all most signed up for your ride on Fathersday, I am disaapointed to see no one has. I am never sure what I am going to do until the last minute. Seems weekends are just to short to commit. Might do Yankees on Sunday don't know.
The Velaro you mention is a good 40 miles from my home and Yankees is another 40 so its a 160 mi run minimum round trip, been there many times over the last 5 years.
Seem now I when I set out for Yankees I make it to Papas on the lake or Wolfies and thats it. Must be nice to live near some good riding roads
1340HIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1340HIGH View Post
I agree the cruiser section is a bit unused, but why not keep it open, its not hurting any thing.
I all most signed up for your ride on Fathersday, I am disaapointed to see no one has. I am never sure what I am going to do until the last minute. Seems weekends are just to short to commit. Might do Yankees on Sunday don't know.
The Velaro you mention is a good 40 miles from my home and Yankees is another 40 so its a 160 mi run minimum round trip, been there many times over the last 5 years.
Seem now I when I set out for Yankees I make it to Papas on the lake or Wolfies and thats it. Must be nice to live near some good riding roads
That Valero is about 20 miles from my house. So I understand, usually I have to ride 20-30 miles in the wrong direction just to meet the Forest "rides" in the meet and greet section. Also being on a cruiser I always figure I slow down the rockets. My big bike doesn't do double the speed limit in curves. I guess the main thing is I live within 15 miles of about 7-8 biker bars where cruisers meet all the time.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Take some MH stickers out there and tell them about the site!
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

I hear ya big boy...

Keep trying man...

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

We should change this to a Super Moto sub forum since u cruisers aren't using it

No really we should...,,,

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
ForgottnSoul
MotoMilitia Choosen 9

Bike(s):
2008 Special Edition ZX-14

Member Garage

I dont think removal is the way to go about it. Seems like just having it as an "option" keeps this forum from seeming as Biased as we already are. If you build it.................. they will come
ForgottnSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
da1hobo
Local Hobo

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
77 Honda CT125 - sold
1995 Vulcan 800A - sold
2011 KLR650E

They could always replace it with a dual-sport, adventure rider section.

Of course I might just be saying that because I just got a new 2011 KLR 650 and am now selling my old Vulcan 800.
da1hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
ForgottnSoul
MotoMilitia Choosen 9

Bike(s):
2008 Special Edition ZX-14

Member Garage

But why replace/delete? It obviously isnt taking up that much space..........or am I wrong here?
ForgottnSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #11
da1hobo
Local Hobo

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
77 Honda CT125 - sold
1995 Vulcan 800A - sold
2011 KLR650E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottnSoul View Post
But why replace/delete? It obviously isnt taking up that much space..........or am I wrong here?
Nah, you're not wrong. Cruiser riders deserve a place here. They might not be active now but you never know if that will change or not. Maybe one day MH will be more cruiser owner than anything else?
da1hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #12
memert

Bike(s):
2006 VStar 1100
2008 Honda Rebel

I have a Rebel but fear not being able to keep up on long cruises due to my limited speed and usually end up working when anything is scheduled. :/
memert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #13
thewingo

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2011 H-D Iron...1200!

Big E man I met you at the Cypress meet a couple weeks ago, i'm about to convert my 883 to a 1200 with full exhaust, it'll have over 90 hp and over 82 ft-lbs of torque, more than a stock 1200, with a weight at ~575 lbs so i'll be able to scoot in a couple weeks! I tried suggesting a cruiser meet/ride also, if you want to put something together, let me know, I'm sure honorsdaddy and some of the other members that have cruisers would enjoy a nice relaxing ride one weekend. Let me know brotha
thewingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:10 AM   #14
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
keep it open.

vintage bikes are making a big comeback...i think it may take longer to hit houston because the economy is better, but eventually itll get around...aside from the economy, i think a lot of sport riders are getting wiser (older) and realizing cruisers arent as lame as they thought when they were 18.

if/when the vintage scene hits houston this subforum may see a lot more traffic.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #15
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewingo View Post
Big E man I met you at the Cypress meet a couple weeks ago, i'm about to convert my 883 to a 1200 with full exhaust, it'll have over 90 hp and over 82 ft-lbs of torque, more than a stock 1200, with a weight at ~575 lbs so i'll be able to scoot in a couple weeks! I tried suggesting a cruiser meet/ride also, if you want to put something together, let me know, I'm sure honorsdaddy and some of the other members that have cruisers would enjoy a nice relaxing ride one weekend. Let me know brotha
I up just let me know, we definitely need to get a cruisers ride together
Old 06-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #16
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Hmmm....I've put together 3 rides so far for noobs that turned out to be an awesome pace for cruisers. By that I mean they started slow, then gradually picked up to a semi-spirited pace. I even posted one of those rides in this forum, and only one cruiser besides me showed up (he's shown up to 2 of my rides).

Fact is that we cruiser guys are few in number and spread out across the whole city. Putting together a cruiser only ride is just going to frustrate you. Put together a ride for a nice, leisurely cruise through the forest, and you'll have more people show up. Do it regularly enough, and it will gradually draw more riders....even more cruisers. Once you get a regular group of cruisers showing up, THEN start thinking about cruiser-only rides.

Put together an open-for-all ride and see what happens....just make sure you have a sweeper before you set it up. If people like the ride you put together, they'll keep showing up. If not, they'll find another ride.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #17
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

I just went back over the get-together thread you posted. A little advice...set up something and stick with it. You posted for a meet & greet, then you'd discuss a ride with whoever showed up. That's sounds kinda iffy, and you'll get a lot of flakes without something concrete planned. You'd get a better response if you posted for a M&G only, or a M&G with a route already planned for a ride before/after. Most people can manage a M&G during the week, but a ride afterward is kinda tough.

I'm really not trying to belittle your efforts. These are just some things I've learned from watching others organize rides and from organizing rides myself.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:52 AM   #18
thewingo

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2011 H-D Iron...1200!

It's good advice and makes sense..I advertise MotoHouston on the back of my helmet with the decal, I'm going to get my dad and neighbor involved and see if we can't get the cruiser community on MH to grow
thewingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #19
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewingo View Post
It's good advice and makes sense..I advertise MotoHouston on the back of my helmet with the decal, I'm going to get my dad and neighbor involved and see if we can't get the cruiser community on MH to grow
Appreciate the advice, I'll work on it...
Old 06-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #20
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
I just went back over the get-together thread you posted. A little advice...set up something and stick with it. You posted for a meet & greet, then you'd discuss a ride with whoever showed up. That's sounds kinda iffy, and you'll get a lot of flakes without something concrete planned. You'd get a better response if you posted for a M&G only, or a M&G with a route already planned for a ride before/after. Most people can manage a M&G during the week, but a ride afterward is kinda tough.

I'm really not trying to belittle your efforts. These are just some things I've learned from watching others organize rides and from organizing rides myself.
Hey Pinball I appreciate it... I have no experience at this. I'm trying!!!

Advertisement