MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

PW 50 resto

GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yamaha pw 50 adrenalinjunky Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 2 06-28-2012 02:48 PM
PW 50 AWESOME DEAL Mr.D General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 11-04-2010 10:17 PM
Is a Yamaha pw 50 good for stunting ? lothario Stunters Lounge 10 07-03-2008 06:18 PM
yamaha pw 50? pester Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 6 04-03-2008 06:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

What I'm looking to do:

Big bars

New forks w/ stiffer springs. Or respring current?

Beefier triple

New rear shocks w/ stiffer springs. Or respring current?

Powdercoat rims gold again

Powdercoat frame

New exhaust if I can't get the stocker looking good

Numerous little things (spark plug cap, new hardware, etc..)

So has anyone here done a big bar setup on a pw, or at least have a source on some info. I keep finding 1-2" risers but I'm looking to put on a whole new bar like is being done with the stunt crf50's. It will need some sort of a clamp system as right now the bars are just bolted to the top triple

Also does anyone know of where to go to get some heavier duty suspension components? It's going to have adults harassing it, so I need something that will hold up better than the squishy stock stuff. The only lead I have on this from google is the Cannon RaceCraft fork tube kit and have them put the stiffest spring on it. And PAX racing rear shocks but those things are $325!

Thanks for any help and suggestions!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

check out www.planetminis.com

it's a wealth of info for all pitbikes including those PW's.

GL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
check out www.planetminis.com

it's a wealth of info for all pitbikes including those PW's.

GL!
Thanks man, I posted up in there asking about a front end swap yesterday but haven't heard anything yet. But it doesn't hurt to post it here as well haha. So does anyone know if a CRF50 front end will go on here somewhat painlessly and be able to reuse the YZ rim? There are so many available with loads of aftermarket support so I would really rather do the whole swap with +1" and BBR springs and then throw on some bmx bars and be done

It's down to the frame now, just waiting for the powdercoat shop to open up to go get some prices
Old 06-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
Mr.D

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

I don't see how this would be any different than a Z50 rebuild. Talk to my man Kdog or TomballD for that.

Chad is the man for some 50 knowledge though. PM me for their numbers. I'm fairly sure I have all of them.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

I feel pretty safe saying by the design of the forks on the PW that a CRF fork set-up will not fit without some serious mods, the hondas do not have the fork leg connected at the triple, the legs are on the bottom on the crfs. You can probably adapt a big bar kit from 50stunt, and just put some heavier springs in the forks (yz80 might work) Looks like a fun project keep us up to date
Old 06-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
I feel pretty safe saying by the design of the forks on the PW that a CRF fork set-up will not fit without some serious mods, the hondas do not have the fork leg connected at the triple, the legs are on the bottom on the crfs. You can probably adapt a big bar kit from 50stunt, and just put some heavier springs in the forks (yz80 might work) Looks like a fun project keep us up to date
Ya, I noticed that when I was just looking at one a few minutes ago. You are probably dead on with putting some 80 springs in there and letting it ride. Still not real sure what to do with the rear, might just order stocker replacements and let this be the more kid focused bike for all my nephews and nieces

Went and talked to the powdercoater and got what I thought was a pretty fair estimate. I might try and do some of the blasting myself with a bud to help knock the price down even more though. Kind of want to keep it stock black, but there is really no price difference for going with whatever color I want so I'm still undecided at this point.

Then started talking to the powdercoat guy about minis and he said he has his son's crf50 that he is trying to sell. It's an 07 bone stock, all papers, and looks hardly ridden. He let me ride around the lot and popping that thing into second almost put me on my ! haha. How fun would a street legal 50 be!? Now I'm debating making the trip back for the crf too
Old 06-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #8
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Correct. The honda 50 and pw50 front ends are completely different. Honda's forks are inverted while the PW's are not.

Check out this site:

http://paxracingstore.com/shop/index...9e5a846f274253

There are some handlbar risers for the PW50 and performance shocks. Lots of other stuff too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #9
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Correct. The honda 50 and pw50 front ends are completely different. Honda's forks are inverted while the PW's are not.

Check out this site:

http://paxracingstore.com/shop/index...9e5a846f274253

There are some handlbar risers for the PW50 and performance shocks. Lots of other stuff too.
Ya, I've been looking there and PWOnly.com but there is nooo way this thing is getting $325 rear shocks! lol. I think I will do the handlebar risers so we can still race it around if we feel like it, but it's not to much for the not so big kids.

I did end up picking up the CRF50 .. I couldn't help myself. Too good of a deal in way too good of condition. I went and rode it around at an abandoned lot for about an hour and a half and ran out of gas so I swapped over to the reserve, and suprisingly ran for about an hour again. So now I've gotta get some big bars, because I almost ate pavement several times getting my knees stuck. These knobby tires don't grip too great on concrete while leaned over either haha

Advertisement