MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #41
v4lu3s

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

being that tall and that skinny you are going to have to try stuff on to find something that fits. all i can say is best of luck.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F U CYCLE GEAR alilodhi12 General Discussion (Moto Related) 80 05-24-2013 07:44 PM
cycle gear QUICKGIXX Taking it to the Track 2 08-31-2011 08:57 PM
Which Cycle Gear... cedestech General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 10-19-2009 11:58 PM
CYCLE GEAR RYAN5102 General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 02-03-2006 10:10 PM
New Cycle Gear Slvr04 Off Topic 13 01-10-2006 10:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #42
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

Cool, im glad everything worked out for you. I just dropped like 70$+ on some astar gloves and they came apart at one of the seams. Hopefully I can return/exchange them.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #43
ciao_strada

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
CBR600F4i '04

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
update::
this def makes me happy.
although it took me almost 2 years to realize that the jacket just didnt fit they are going to take care of me.

so at this point my view of CG is a positive one.
Wow, really!?!? You spent TWO YEARS wearing that jacket, and you’ve just NOW realized that it doesn’t fit you anymore? Even if that were true, people f*in lose weight you know, it happens… At what point do you take responsibility for your own choices and just live with it?
like this just makes me sick, kinda like the guy that posted earlier about using a track suit for a whole season and then just returning it full price... I highly doubt in your case or his case that the guarantee is for that purpose.
Yea, yea.. “screw corporate”, or “tough , the managers allowed this policy”, or “ur just hating on this guy getting lucky”… Ive shopped there before (since two years, never heard of that policy) and Id hate to be the sorry loser that ends up buying abused gear from spoiled brats/thieves like you…
ciao_strada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #44
TrevorC

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIAO_STRADA View Post
Wow, really!?!? You spent TWO YEARS wearing that jacket, and you’ve just NOW realized that it doesn’t fit you anymore? Even if that were true, people f*in lose weight you know, it happens… At what point do you take responsibility for your own choices and just live with it?
like this just makes me sick, kinda like the guy that posted earlier about using a track suit for a whole season and then just returning it full price... I highly doubt in your case or his case that the guarantee is for that purpose.
Yea, yea.. “screw corporate”, or “tough , the managers allowed this policy”, or “ur just hating on this guy getting lucky”… Ive shopped there before (since two years, never heard of that policy) and Id hate to be the sorry loser that ends up buying abused gear from spoiled brats/thieves like you…
you mad cuz I got a full refund?

they knew I used it the whole time I had it, it was because it was in like off the shelf condition even after 6-7 track days using it. It's their policy for 100% customer satisfaction. If they didn't want to take it, then they wouldn't have had to. I had a backup buyer at the time for $750 to a friend and the suit retailed for $800ish. It just so happened that they told me 'np, bring it in with the receipt.' Big deal....maybe you should buy out cycle gear and run it better then? or run it into the ground. obviously if this was hurting their business they would have stopped this type of policy long ago.

Last edited by TrevorC; 06-21-2011 at 11:37 PM.
TrevorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #45
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
being that tall and that skinny you are going to have to try stuff on to find something that fits. all i can say is best of luck.
indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
Cool, im glad everything worked out for you. I just dropped like 70$+ on some astar gloves and they came apart at one of the seams. Hopefully I can return/exchange them.
their satisfaction guarantee policy is a 30 day window. i dont know when they enacted that policy contrary to the one i was told about, but thats what is advertised.
even if CG doesnt take them back, if it seems to be manufacturer defect, contact A*
Quote:
where do i start with you, i guess a quick to start off with.
yes, i owned the jacket for two years. now it sounds like you assume i wore the jacket soley for two years, which is not accurate. the jacket probably has 6 months of use. its not my only jacket and its not my favorite to wear so only used it when it was very cold out.
i did not loose weight, and it didnt take 2 years for me to realize it didnt fit ideally.
as i said earlier, i had contacted the staff at CG last year told them i wanted to come back and find a new jacket. they said "cool"
they didnt have jackets that sparked an interest combined with the fact i didnt feel rushed to get to CG is the reason the extra year passed by.
and truly, you dont know what youre talking about...youre trying to tell me to live with my choices and deal with them in response to my situation being that the company of CG sold me a jacket with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and the staff said time was not the issue.
so it appears to me what you are really saying is that its ok for corporation to go back on an agreement they made. with that being said, you sir make me sick...
and as far as being the guy to buy the jacket...
from what you are saying it sounds like think CG will sell the jacket as a NEW jacket for the reg. price and the person who buys it will get screwed.
now first off if that was the case that has NOTHING to do with me and the agreements made between CG and myself.
i agree that situation is not "cool" but thats on their end, not mine.

and to finish it off you call me a brat and a theif... who the are you?

now i think this affords me an oppertunity to rave on the fact that CG chose to stand up to what its employees offered me. They also had more than one person contact me from their headquarters to discuss the situation.
i must admit that when the manager told me that he could not do it i was discouraged, but CG has definitely shown that my satisfaction as a customer means something to them. and well even if they dont, the fact that they are taking care of me ensures my future biz with them. so regardless, i feel both parties are happy and content.

but hey thanks for your ingnorant opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorC View Post

they knew I used it the whole time I had it, it was because it was in like off the shelf condition even after 6-7 track days using it. It's their policy for 100% customer satisfaction. If they didn't want to take it, then they wouldn't have had to. I had a backup buyer at the time for $750 to a friend and the suit retailed for $800ish. It just so happened that they told me 'np, bring it in with the receipt.' Big deal....maybe you should buy out cycle gear and run it better then? or run it into the ground. obviously if this was hurting their business they would have stopped this type of policy long ago.

--
DepPravacion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #46
Joshua42007

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

Quote:
indeed

their satisfaction guarantee policy is a 30 day window. i dont know when they enacted that policy contrary to the one i was told about, but thats what is advertised.
even if CG doesnt take them back, if it seems to be manufacturer defect, contact A*
--
Hey thanks a lot for the info , I think I still have time.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #47
ciao_strada

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
CBR600F4i '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorC View Post
no... The fact that I had basically included your argument in quotes, before your response, in that context means that I was discrediting it, hinting that I was not jealous that you got a full refund.

Quote:

youre trying to tell me to live with my choices and deal with them in response to my situation being that the company of CG sold me a jacket with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and the staff said time was not the issue.
so it appears to me what you are really saying is that its ok for corporation to go back on an agreement they made. with that being said, you sir make me sick...

and to finish it off you call me a brat and a theif... who the are you?

--
No, at no point did I suggest it was okay for them to go back on their word and that you should honor that. Rather, it appears that the guarantee was taken out of context by you or the employee (in which case there should be a fine print), to your advantage or theirs (to get a quicker sale).

But I gotta say the way your story progressed over the first two pages was very fishy... first with an innocent can somebody who is a cg employee contact me, then you just state a guarantee issue, then everyone gets riled up and bashes against cg, finally, after an employee had been monitoring the thread and got a manager to make leeway, just dropping the two-year bomb...

but then again, that is only speculation, and I do agree that it is pointless to be namecalling in a forum where we don't know each other. So the benefit of the doubt would go a long way here, and I apologize if I unjustly put your name in a bad light. My point here was in principle...

There are a lot of people out there that take advantage of customer satisfaction and it screws everyone else in the end. They may not care, or think it only affects that store or the manufacturer, but in the end the costs come back to us. As for a customer getting screwed buying what he/she thought was immaculate gear, yes if the item is in "bad shape" it goes back to the manufacturer, but if not it can go back to the floor at the manager's discretion.

Anyways, maybe someday we'll meet in one of these m&g, goof off or have some drinks and you wont turn out to be a depraved tool like your name and signature suggest
ciao_strada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #48
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

Quote:

No, at no point did I suggest it was okay for them to go back on their word and that you should honor that. Rather, it appears that the guarantee was taken out of context by you or the employee (in which case there should be a fine print), to your advantage or theirs (to get a quicker sale).

But I gotta say the way your story progressed over the first two pages was very fishy... first with an innocent can somebody who is a cg employee contact me, then you just state a guarantee issue, then everyone gets riled up and bashes against cg, finally, after an employee had been monitoring the thread and got a manager to make leeway, just dropping the two-year bomb...

but then again, that is only speculation, and I do agree that it is pointless to be namecalling in a forum where we don't know each other. So the benefit of the doubt would go a long way here, and I apologize if I unjustly put your name in a bad light. My point here was in principle...

There are a lot of people out there that take advantage of customer satisfaction and it screws everyone else in the end. They may not care, or think it only affects that store or the manufacturer, but in the end the costs come back to us. As for a customer getting screwed buying what he/she thought was immaculate gear, yes if the item is in "bad shape" it goes back to the manufacturer, but if not it can go back to the floor at the manager's discretion.

Anyways, maybe someday we'll meet in one of these m&g, goof off or have some drinks and you wont turn out to be a depraved tool like your name and signature suggest
glad you cleared that up a bit cuz your previous post was a bit different.

i agree, commitments made between supplier/consumer should be upheld.
I also would agree that in hindsight the person that sold me the jacket may have been blowing smoke up my just for a sale.

nonetheless, after spending a while in CG this afternoon i still did not find a jacket that i wanted to take home with me. so im still at square one i suppose.

i was told via from a CG manager ( one of the ones that contacted me after i emailed the company ) that i would receive a reimbursement for what the jacket was selling for now. i think i paid around 400 for it. but was told that they only wanted to offer 150$. that was with out seeing the jacket...
i figure i could sell it for at least that or more my self--as i said the jacket is still in great shape.

so in the end i got a lead for a good leather person to send the jacket to for alterations. also, Brandon, the store manager hooked me up on some misc. goodies, so all in all i guess it wasnt a wasted trip.

dont get your hopes up on meeting at a bbq, i will be moving out of the country in a couple on months here so i will be far far away unfortunately.

and of course im not a deprived tool
Old 07-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #49
Joshua42007

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

Not to sure why everyone gives CG a bad name, and im not gonna ask, but

Ive only purchased 2 products from them in my lifetime, a scorpion helmet and some nice Astar gloves. The gloves fell apart in the same week (torn at the seam), the helmet works great without any problems.

Just wanted to mention that I did get to exchange my Astar gloves over this past weekend. The guys at CG helped me out with no problem at all, I came inside and explained to them my situation and was gladly directed to the glove section for a better replacement. I had my receipt for the return, and it was no problem at all dealing with these guys. I must say that I am a satisfied customer, thanks again Cycle Gear.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #50
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

i had never had issues with them before either.

although i was a little dissapointed that on the phone a manager told me one thing, then i get to the store and its completely different.

although the manager at the store took care of me on an oil filter i will most likely offer my biz to another company
Old 07-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #51
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:
glad you cleared that up a bit cuz your previous post was a bit different.

i agree, commitments made between supplier/consumer should be upheld.
I also would agree that in hindsight the person that sold me the jacket may have been blowing smoke up my just for a sale.

nonetheless, after spending a while in CG this afternoon i still did not find a jacket that i wanted to take home with me. so im still at square one i suppose.

i was told via from a CG manager ( one of the ones that contacted me after i emailed the company ) that i would receive a reimbursement for what the jacket was selling for now. i think i paid around 400 for it. but was told that they only wanted to offer 150$. that was with out seeing the jacket...
i figure i could sell it for at least that or more my self--as i said the jacket is still in great shape.

so in the end i got a lead for a good leather person to send the jacket to for alterations. also, Brandon, the store manager hooked me up on some misc. goodies, so all in all i guess it wasnt a wasted trip.

dont get your hopes up on meeting at a bbq, i will be moving out of the country in a couple on months here so i will be far far away unfortunately.

and of course im not a deprived tool

The bait-n-switch in full effect.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #52
clintalmighty

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 250r (Sold)
2009 Honda CBR600RR

Anyone know if Cycle gear carries the Sedici Monza riding pants in their store?
clintalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #53
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post

The bait-n-switch in full effect.
indeed. no worries though, i found a lot better place to do biz with. +1