MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #21
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
It goes both ways...I understand as a consumer but also on the buisness part..no telling how much money has been lost cause bikers go in buy stuff wear it for a season and say Naw I didnt like it...if it falls apart Yes refund with in a certain amount of days...if U just aren't happy cause u bought and take it back and try to Return it...sorry bud I don't agree with...But if that's their policy then suxs to be them..they need to change it..I have Bolt and frank thomas gloves that I will wear over A*...I have had no issues and have crash tested and like how they held up for the money
you know i can respect what you are saying but,
fact is THEY told me the details of what THEY were offering me.
if THEY sold me a product and led me to believe something that was not true, that should rest on their shoulders.
look- if i sold you something and said you got 5 yr warranty, then you come to collect and i say, sorry i changed my mind cuz that wasnt working out good for me, would you say, "all good i understand!" mb thats the kind of guy you are but i doubt it
their policy changed, fine when you buy something after the new policy was in affect--but this isnt really that case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
OP should go a different cycle gear. drive there and leave the item and reciept in the trunk. shop around in there for a while, and pick up a $400 jacket and hold it, ask some questions about it. subtly get the managers attention, ask the same questions and see if you can bait them into the same answer of "bring it back anytime, 100% satisfaction guarantee etc". record this on audio if you want to be ultra smooth. as soon as they give you that line of bs, say "oh really? cool. be right back". grab the out of the trunk and put it on the counter and say youd like them to honor what they just said.
at first i thought you were going to say switch my old jacket for a new one.
and thats not my aim, im not trying to screw CG.
this plan wont work tho because they have infact "changed" their policy.

thats the thing, the guy i spoke with told me, sorry we changed that.
i told him-that wasnt the policy that was in place when i purchaced it, i should be granfathered in so to speak into the policy that was in effect at the time i purchaced item.

its black and white to me, they said one thing and are now not honoring it.
to me, thats bad biz, plain and simple.
CG is not a small company, they should be able to honor their agreements.
DepPravacion is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F U CYCLE GEAR alilodhi12 General Discussion (Moto Related) 80 05-24-2013 07:44 PM
cycle gear QUICKGIXX Taking it to the Track 2 08-31-2011 08:57 PM
Which Cycle Gear... cedestech General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 10-19-2009 11:58 PM
CYCLE GEAR RYAN5102 General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 02-03-2006 10:10 PM
New Cycle Gear Slvr04 Off Topic 13 01-10-2006 10:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #22
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
word. you have my sympathy bro. CG sucks. yeah, they are big enough they COULD fix it, but i doubt they will. i hated working there, probably the crappiest company i have ever worked for, in all aspects. they treat employees like , managers get smoke blown up their from higher up also. customers get the shaft on like this all the time, and worst of all, is that they carry so much generic gear that no one has heard of.

imo, best thing you can do is let it be lesson learned. ebay or craigslist the gear, actually list it in the for sale section here...maybe someone wants/needs it.

beyond that just dont shop there (allready guessing you wont) and then get the word out (but i guess this thread pretty much covers that)
Old 06-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #23
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

yup nothing else to it than that i suppose. they dont have a monopoly on bike gear so yea my biz will be elsewhere
Old 06-16-2011, 03:34 AM   #24
TrevorC

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
08 Kawasaki ZX10

Member Garage

I had a black/white bks 1 piece leather suit I bought there when I was into track days, ended up having to sell the bike and this was 5 months down the road after I got it.

I didn't even have the receipt either, they refunded me 100% money back on the suit, granted it was in immaculate condition as if it was new (wiped it down real well and had it cleaned, all I did was throw the knee pucks away cause they were all used up.

cycle gear is awesome from my experience.
TrevorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #25
Bazzy

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 KTM Duke II

From my experience each store differs. it's all up to the manager and staff. I work at a CG, and I like working at my store. I wish they would stop carrying the Bilt brand, but that's really the only complaint I have. I don't know what they told you when you bought your jacket, but as far as I know there is no "lifetime guarantee" from Cycle Gear on any of the gear. There is no way a company could offer that, ever, to a customer. It's a 30 day guarantee, which is huge already. Products they sell have their own warranties which can reach up to 5 years but the store itself can only take an item back within 30 days. The other thing we can do is find out the manufacturers warranty and if it's within the allotted time we will find you a comparable product and do an exchange.

Sure you might be able to find parts a bit cheaper but CG trys to be a good company, sometimes the employees can screw it up.. like telling a customer there is a lifetime guarantee just to get a sale
Bazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #26
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

I think it blows

I have had trouble with them too

Cyclegear store's could learn a few things on customer service

their online store and service have been better for me

I have a new Frank Thomas jacket (size 46) and a pair of Frank Thomas pants size 38 they wouldn't take back, even thought he store is supposed to take back stuff even if it was bought form the online store

"oh we don't carry that anymore your going to need to send it back"

spend money elseware if you are not 100% sure will not need an excnange/refund or return.

Last edited by urbanXJ; 06-16-2011 at 10:37 AM.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #27
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
OP should go a different cycle gear. drive there and leave the item and reciept in the trunk. shop around in there for a while, and pick up a $400 jacket and hold it, ask some questions about it. subtly get the managers attention, ask the same questions and see if you can bait them into the same answer of "bring it back anytime, 100% satisfaction guarantee etc". record this on audio if you want to be ultra smooth. as soon as they give you that line of bs, say "oh really? cool. be right back". grab the out of the trunk and put it on the counter and say youd like them to honor what they just said.

Genuis
Old 06-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #28
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

I have never had a problem at the one in Austin, or heard anything bad. But I have heard a lot of from other locations.

Seems to really vary from store to store a lot.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #29
Bazzy

Bike(s):
'02 KTM Duke II

It does vary store to store. My store is run very well, in fact I asked my boss if you had contacted him yet and he said he would like to hear from you. I PM'd you his name and number earlier
Old 06-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #30
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

well im happy to report that my email sent out to corporate offices has been responded to by two different managers. the content was positive and it seems that they will hear my case and hopefully treat me right.

-bazzy, thanks for the Pm's
Old 06-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #31
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post

Genuis
Spelling genius wrong, classic

I had one dealing with a Cycle Gear in Austin, it was pretty mediocre. Just as good/bad as most cycle dealerships. Sucks they are going back on their word with you though. Good luck
GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #32
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayJ View Post
Spelling genius wrong, classic

I had one dealing with a Cycle Gear in Austin, it was pretty mediocre. Just as good/bad as most cycle dealerships. Sucks they are going back on their word with you though. Good luck
lol did not notice the spelling error first

well like i said i got an email from two of their representatives.
they both were positive and optimistic.
one of them gave me his contact info so that i could give him a buzz and explain everything.

got it kind of late today so going to hit him up monday.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #33
Bazzy

Bike(s):
'02 KTM Duke II

I'm sure alot of guys here don't like cycle gear but we aren't all that bad
Old 06-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #34
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

meh, support local business... except for the cycle gear you went to... LOL
Old 06-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #35
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzy View Post
It does vary store to store.
Quick question...do all the CG share the same computer database? IE, the associate enters my info at the Almeda location, then I move closer to the Sharpstown location, can they access what was entered at the Almeda loc?
Old 06-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #36
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzy View Post
I'm sure alot of guys here don't like cycle gear but we aren't all that bad
ive said this before about shops/dealerships...its all about the people who work there. reputation of a shop means little to me, but that of the people who work there is everything.

people move around in this business, a lot of places are revolving doors of staff and management, even owners. sucky people tend to get fired and go infect other places...they also tend to group together until the whole business fails, and they explode in all different directions infecting other places again.

i used to work for CG, and i have to say, at the end of the day, the place sucks in general. i will certainly agree that there are well staffed locations that can be an exception, but even the staff there can be limited by what the CG corporate office allows per policies and limited by some of the cheap they pretend to pass off as actual gear. ($50 helmets??? get the F^ck out of here, CG corp!)

one thing that is good and bad about the place is that the staff tends to be inexperienced. reason being most competant staff will learn that CG's "competitive" compensation is a joke, and there are far greener pastures out there. people have to get experience somewhere though, and i am no exception. it was at CG sharpstown that i got familiar with PU and TR...that was enough to land me a job at Stubbs making a of a lot more dough and without the BS. ok well...without the same BS, lol. but that is a different story! important thing is i could better serve my customers with the ability to get OEM parts. mechanics rely on good parts people too...

Last edited by Chris24; 06-18-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #37
Bazzy

Bike(s):
'02 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
Quick question...do all the CG share the same computer database? IE, the associate enters my info at the Almeda location, then I move closer to the Sharpstown location, can they access what was entered at the Almeda loc?
They can't see your sales history but your name will be in their system. If you want to return something you can take it to any CG
Old 06-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #38
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

thanks for the shared experiences.

still waiting to speak with one of the managers that emailed me.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #39
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

update::

just got off the phone with a cat named Curtis from CG in cali.
told me some great news.

they were able to pull my receipt for the jacket i purchaced and they are willing to reimburse me for the value of the jacket, what it currently sells for.

this def makes me happy.
although it took me almost 2 years to realize that the jacket just didnt fit they are going to take care of me.

so at this point my view of CG is a positive one.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #40
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

well still have not had a chance to get up to the CG but still very confident that what Curtis told me over the phone will hold to be true when i get there.

i have actually had the jacket for two years so thats really standing behind their 100% satisfaction policy if you ask me.

so now the question really is what jacket does CG have that will fit me like a glove.

suggestions on the best fitting jackets from CG to fit me are welcomed.
im 6' 170 lbs
thanks!

Advertisement