MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #41
Infinite
night prowler

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600RR (sold)
06 GSXR 600 (sold)
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
93 CBR 900 (sold)
06 RC51 (sold)

i second the favor for performance and aftermarket parts with a friendly staff not bent on selling stuff at every opportunity and the ability to watch the bike being worked on...every place sells gear and a lot of people shop online for even cheaper gear (i admit i'm one even though i'm bikeless i have 3 bookmarks i check regularly for deals besides i got a hjc helmet for $30 shipped at a shop they told me it would be $129 + tax), but thats just me i know nothing of how a business runs and good luck!

p.s. give us free energy drinks while we wait to get energized while we ride back (i prefer monster assault)

p.p.s. have halo and/or call of duty hooked up so i can dominate people...preferably halo cause i suck at call of duty

Last edited by Infinite; 06-14-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Infinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got my bike out of the shop 02TXR6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-19-2014 12:27 PM
What do you do if your bike is stolen from a local bike shop? Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 06-14-2011 09:44 AM
Old Bike In The Shop...... pdrich Motorcycles Unlimited 5 08-06-2009 11:27 AM
A certain bike shop cashtown General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 09-21-2006 07:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #42
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
someone in this thread said why reinvent the wheel...good advice sure. but i love playing devils advocate....why NOT reinvent the wheel? its been done several times. stone wheels to wooden wheels, spoked to tubeless..these days you can even get carbon fiber wheels!

i always thought a real upgrade and peformance place would be cooler than most places that just do more repair and maintenance work. i dont know if a place could really survive that way...i do think having a dyno can really set you apart from the pack in this business.

i work at a dealership and there is tons of stuff i think most traditional places could do better. they all do it the same way because, yes. it does work, but that doesnt mean it cant work better.

i can tell you that our parts department has too much old stock. you dont make money on parts or accesories that sit on the shelf. as a parts guy on commision, i really wish we could blow some of that stuff out and use the money to order the things that sell better.

i think one way to fix that and be a better business is to be a brick and morter shop AND an online vendor. if things dont sell in your store fast enough, blow it out online for smaller profits and try stocking something new. you have to keep money flowing to stay ahead. cycle gear actually does this really well. they have retail stores, and then blow out clearance items through the website. on top of that they have unofficial ebay sellers accounts setup to recoup money on returned items or things their website cant even sell. its all about being dynamic.

most important thing i can say that defines a place is its staff. you could have a state of the art trillion dollar facilility full of bitter retards who hate their job, and people would hate going there...even if you had neked chicks. on the flipside if you have a mechanic who knows his , and gets the job done...and you have parts guys who order the right parts and know how to sell them...you could operate out of the garage in your house. its all about the people.

half the time i dont know why people on here bother calling out bad shops. especially dealerships. yes, its good to warn your fellow riders, but they dont realize its not about the name on the sign out front. its about the name of the person you talk to at the counter. the name of the guy in the back doing the actual work. another reason i say this is because a lot of places are just revolving doors when it comes to employees. people should know to stay away from certains names more than certain shops

people say such and such dealer screwed me over...when really they should be asking names and saying the mechanic john q douchewrench scratched my exhaust and steve mcfaggothead the service writer wouldnt replace it. i also dont think people escalate these kinds of issues enough. many GM's will just fix these problems with few questions asked...but they often dont hear about them...so i guess that is another pointer. be as involved as possible in your business as you grow. call up random customers and ask how things went!

Last edited by Chris24; 06-14-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #43
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

a shop on the west side or northwest side would be nice its always nice to have a small stock of used bikes for sale.
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement