Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #221
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael View Post
george1

This image captures Washington's victory against the English helmet laws.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Safety Gear For ALL vehicles! Do it or Pay! Predator04 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 07-03-2009 09:53 AM
Anyone fly with their safety gear? v4lu3s General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 12-07-2008 01:34 PM
A bit of cheap riding insurance, safety gear. Diablomann General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 11-20-2007 07:21 PM
Is A New Safety Gear Regulation??? BusaFlo Safety Corner Main 13 03-08-2007 03:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #222
the_ruckus
Literally Satan

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2001 Ducati Monster M600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
So is crashing on parade laps. Godsuki told you not to do it. But did you listen? no! You wanted to be free. If there was a law against crashing during parade laps your would still be sitting in county right about now.
Sorry I couldn't will my bike into an upright position as I traveled across the canyon-like ruts track-side at turn 12. I guess it's my fault for not being born with instinctual knowledge of where the proper breaking point is for that turn. Need I point out that the parade lap that day was essentially a free for all with little to no restriction on the speeds of the herd of rookie riders participating. Even the novice group is more controlled. You know why? Because it's not safe for inexperienced riders to be let out on the track without limits. I bet you're first 3 laps at GSS were perfect though, so this doesn't apply to you. You geriatric .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
I might replace you with an orange cone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Natural selection just high fived poor judgement.
the_ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #223
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukus View Post
Sorry I couldn't will my bike into an upright position as I traveled across the canyon-like ruts track-side at turn 12. I guess it's my fault for not being born with instinctual knowledge of where the proper breaking point is for that turn. Need I point out that the parade lap that day was essentially a free for all with little to no restriction on the speeds of the herd of rookie riders participating. Even the novice group is more controlled. You know why? Because it's not safe for inexperienced riders to be let out on the track without limits. I bet you're first 3 laps at GSS were perfect though, so this doesn't apply to you. You geriatric .
Yeah, and Tim sent an instructor out on the track specifically for new riders to follow, not just track noobs. Did you miss the riders meeting?
Old 06-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #224
the_ruckus
Literally Satan

Bike(s):
2001 Ducati Monster M600

Quote:
Yeah, and Tim sent an instructor out on the track specifically for new riders to follow, not just track noobs. Did you miss the riders meeting?
Yep. He was up there. Waaaaay up there. I was stuck behind a slower rider, by the time I was able to get around him I was atleast half a lap behind the rest of the pack. You know just as well as I do that many people said the pace of the parade laps that day were excessive.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #225
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Yep. He was up there. Waaaaay up there. I was stuck behind a slower rider, by the time I was able to get around him I was atleast half a lap behind the rest of the pack. You know just as well as I do that many people said the pace of the parade laps that day were excessive.
I would have stayed behind the slower rider then. I'm pretty sure the instructor designated for new riders started at the back of the grid. Maybe you were chasing the wrong instructor
Old 06-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #226
the_ruckus
Literally Satan

Bike(s):
2001 Ducati Monster M600

Quote:
I would have stayed behind the slower rider then. I'm pretty sure the instructor designated for new riders started at the back of the grid. Maybe you were chasing the wrong instructor
If I could get a redo I would have. Just trying to catch up with the pack so that I would have some idea of the line I was supposed to be on.

What does this have to do with the OP?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #227
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #228
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #229
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91stunna View Post
People are too dumb to make their own decisions for the most part.
So the governement should make them?
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #230
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

I can't believe some of you guys are still on this "the govbment cant tell me what to do" thing.

You're operating a vehicle on public streets paid for by the public. So yeah, you can be told what you can and cannot do on said streets.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #231
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If I could get a redo I would have. Just trying to catch up with the pack so that I would have some idea of the line I was supposed to be on.

What does this have to do with the OP?

All of what you are describing where YOUR choices. If you would have understoood that you were out of your limits YOU would have slowed down. If YOU had not passed the "slower" rider, you probably would have not been over YOUR head.

Who cares how fast the pace is, YOU are out there on YOUR bike. YOU decide how YOU are gonna ride. I get passed up left and right on novice, I understand I am just not there yet. Perhaps YOU should have done the same.

I don't know what this thread is about, but your comments just sound like you are making so many excuses for your choices and blaming other people. Surely making case for the rest of the people that don't wreck on parade laps to have to be watched like babies, because one person could not regulate themselves accordingly. In a way, it's people like you that eventually bring about this kinda laws to be considered...Interesting.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #232
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadseasoN View Post
I can't believe some of you guys are still on this "the govbment cant tell me what to do" thing.

You're operating a vehicle on public streets paid for by the public. So yeah, you can be told what you can and cannot do on said streets.
Insofar as it affects other drivers, I agree.

However, in the case of a helmet, do you have an actual argument in favor of helmet laws, or does your entire position come down to "Daddy Government said so, and that's all I need to know".

I realize this may destroy your simplistic and narrow view of the world, but there are still some people left in this country that put their freedom ahead of the government's desires.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #233
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91stunna View Post
I dont think anyone who is against a helmet law would be respected by anyone with intelligence.
Those of us who are intelligent lost any respect for you way back on the sea wall thread. You are a douch bag hypocrite. You do remember starting a thread about wanting to ride lid less so ho could see your dumb ? Some said it was your choice to do so. I was one of them. I'm thinking now that you do not make rational decisions and my need the gov's assistance. I'm sure you are getting some form of it anyway since you are going to school here and are not a citizen.
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #234
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Insofar as it affects other drivers, I agree.

However, in the case of a helmet, do you have an actual argument in favor of helmet laws, or does your entire position come down to "Daddy Government said so, and that's all I need to know".

I realize this may destroy your simplistic and narrow view of the world, but there are still some people left in this country that put their freedom ahead of the government's desires.
You don't know what my view of the world is.

Do you have an actual argument in favor of not requiring helmets other than "I don't wanna wear it" or "I wanna do what I wanna do?"
Old 06-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #235
the_ruckus
Literally Satan

Bike(s):
2001 Ducati Monster M600

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post

All of what you are describing where YOUR choices. If you would have understoood that you were out of your limits YOU would have slowed down. If YOU had not passed the "slower" rider, you probably would have not been over YOUR head.

Who cares how fast the pace is, YOU are out there on YOUR bike. YOU decide how YOU are gonna ride. I get passed up left and right on novice, I understand I am just not there yet. Perhaps YOU should have done the same.

I don't know what this thread is about, but your comments just sound like you are making so many excuses for your choices and blaming other people. Surely making case for the rest of the people that don't wreck on parade laps to have to be watched like babies, because one person could not regulate themselves accordingly. In a way, it's people like you that eventually bring about this kinda laws to be considered...Interesting.
Not making excuses. I made a rookie mistake my first time on the track. No one's fault but my own. In case you hadn't noticed Bevo's been calling me out on that for a while, even though he had absolutely zero knowledge of the circumstances of my accident other than it happened on the parade lap. I can take the ball busting (been hearing it since April), but at some point you've got to stand up for yourself. I realized I was going too fast and couldn't make the turn, so I tried to ride off into the grass, so that I did not put any one else at risk. Didn't realize it was so rutted up out there. I learned my lesson, hoping to be out there in novice at msrh in sept.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #236
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:

Do you have an actual argument in favor of not requiring helmets other than "I don't wanna wear it" or "I wanna do what I wanna do?"
The argument is that the gov should not be tasked with making that decision. You really have not picked up on that yet?
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #237
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
The argument is that the gov should not be tasked with making that decision. You really have not picked up on that yet?
So the government is not tasked with making traffic laws?
Old 06-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #238
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
So the government is not tasked with making traffic laws?
What does a helmet have to do directly with 'traffic'?
Old 06-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #239
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Not making excuses. I made a rookie mistake my first time on the track. No one's fault but my own. In case you hadn't noticed Bevo's been calling me out on that for a while, even though he had absolutely zero knowledge of the circumstances of my accident other than it happened on the parade lap. I can take the ball busting (been hearing it since April), but at some point you've got to stand up for yourself. I realized I was going too fast and couldn't make the turn, so I tried to ride off into the grass, so that I did not put any one else at risk. Didn't realize it was so rutted up out there. I learned my lesson, hoping to be out there in novice at msrh in sept.
You will love MSRH!

Bad Track!

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #240
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
I can only go by what you have demonstrated, and so far, all you've had to say is essentially, "Government says so - so do it."
Quote:
Nope - and the great part is, I don't have to.

You see, the way our nation is structured, the people may do whatever the they want unless it is specifically forbidden. Hence, I do not need to justify any choices I make which do not violate a law.

The onus is not upon me to prove why I wish to do something which does not directly cause harm to another. The onus is upon you to demonstrate why my harmless actions should be illegal.

Advertisement