MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
Nappy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
06 CBR1000 RR blue&yellow

Whats your take on Komodo?

I've been searching a while now for the right suit and I keep turning back to Komodo products, partly to help out the local (Dallas) company and my last track day I rented a Komodo suit and was very impressed with it.

I am doing mostly track days for now and dont really plan on riding the street anymore. My original intent was to buy the Komodo FX suit for $750 but they are out of stock for my size and color. If I were to contact Komodo maybe they would be able to get me the suit but the site states those are the last suits available so im out of luck there I suppose.

Next I turn to the K-XP suit for $875, I have a blue and yellow bike and im just really not too stoked about the blue / yellow suit they offer as far as styling goes. I dont like to match 100%. Although it is available in my size.

Something tells me to go all out and get the K-FX black and white suit that I REALLY want but thats a stout $1250!

Before I jump on this suit I was just searching for some people that could offer some feedback on the K-FX suit and share their experiences or opinions about the suit. To help me figure out if this is the right suit for me.

Id rather spend a couple hundred bones extra on some high quality product than to slack in that area. I do plan on doing track days often and hopefully hit up a couple each month.
Nappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thanks KOMODO!!! 1slocbr Gear Talk 1 01-06-2009 08:41 PM
komodo leathers rc51eviltwin Taking it to the Track 9 10-29-2008 10:11 PM
Komodo leathers you da man Gear Talk 7 10-06-2008 09:18 PM
!!!!KOMODO WENT DIRECT!!!! jaredbeesley Taking it to the Track 24 09-17-2008 02:23 PM
Komodo Gloves... Swift E Gear Talk 20 04-25-2007 08:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Never heard anything but good things
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #3
ChrisBurke

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZX14
2012 Kawasaki Brute Force 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy View Post
I've been searching a while now for the right suit and I keep turning back to Komodo products, partly to help out the local (Dallas) company and my last track day I rented a Komodo suit and was very impressed with it.

I am doing mostly track days for now and dont really plan on riding the street anymore. My original intent was to buy the Komodo FX suit for $750 but they are out of stock for my size and color. If I were to contact Komodo maybe they would be able to get me the suit but the site states those are the last suits available so im out of luck there I suppose.

Next I turn to the K-XP suit for $875, I have a blue and yellow bike and im just really not too stoked about the blue / yellow suit they offer as far as styling goes. I dont like to match 100%. Although it is available in my size.

Something tells me to go all out and get the K-FX black and white suit that I REALLY want but thats a stout $1250!

Before I jump on this suit I was just searching for some people that could offer some feedback on the K-FX suit and share their experiences or opinions about the suit. To help me figure out if this is the right suit for me.

Id rather spend a couple hundred bones extra on some high quality product than to slack in that area. I do plan on doing track days often and hopefully hit up a couple each month.
Komodo makes a great suit. I have a 1 pc, I have no complaints about mine
ChrisBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
castrolr1
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R1 followed me home

I was going to get one of their suits too... and they were out of my size.

But i did pick up a pair of their gloves.. and i would buy them again
castrolr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #5
Nappy

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
06 CBR1000 RR blue&yellow

I ordered the K-FX in a 40 but it was a little big for me. Unfortunately Komodo only has one suit remaining available in a 38 and I don't like it. They make a great product but I don't think I'll be able to make it happen. Now I'm trying to move on and find another suit I like. I don't want to spend any more than $1400 on one.
Nappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement