MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

What does MSR-H stand for?

Just trying to figure out what the MSR stands for, cause I've heard several different names. mototsports ranch, motorsports raceway, mercedes bens sugarland racepark. Tried to google it but couldnt find a solid answer.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thanks To All at MSR jettech01 Taking it to the Track 5 12-11-2007 07:13 PM
where is MSR lilmckee General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 09-15-2007 11:09 PM
MSR wlgorman General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 05-21-2007 08:52 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
xhangyx

Feedback Rating: (18)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 repsol
06 r6 *track*
08 cbr1000rr Repsol fairings
07 crf70
02 crf450

motorsport ranch
xhangyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...w=1252&bih=528

the 1st thing that popped up....
Moto sport ranch houston
M S R H
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...w=1252&bih=528

the 1st thing that popped up....
Moto sport ranch houston
M S R H
Scroll down a bit on google and theres a link that says in 2006 mercedes benz bought msrh.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Feedback Rating: (7)

Member Garage

originally, it was a sister-track to MSR-Cresson (the original MSR). The cresson location is called Motorsport Ranch. A few years later, the partnership went separate ways, and the houston location sought new sponsorship. Mercedes-Benz of Sugarland then became the primary sponsor, and a part of the deal was changing the name of the track to suit their liking. So, since then, and currently, the track's official name is the Mercedes-benz of Sugarland Roadcourse (hence MSR stayed the same). The 'H' on the end has just stuck around from the original years, where you had to distinguish between Cresson, and Houston tracks. I've been around MSR since day-one.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanto84 View Post
originally, it was a sister-track to MSR-Cresson (the original MSR). The cresson location is called Motorsport Ranch. A few years later, the partnership went separate ways, and the houston location sought new sponsorship. Mercedes-Benz of Sugarland then became the primary sponsor, and a part of the deal was changing the name of the track to suit their liking. So, since then, and currently, the track's official name is the Mercedes-benz of Sugarland Roadcourse (hence MSR stayed the same). The 'H' on the end has just stuck around from the original years, where you had to distinguish between Cresson, and Houston tracks. I've been around MSR since day-one.
ThNks for the history, and answer.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #7
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

LOL.. that should do it!
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #8
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Thumbs up on this.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #9
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
It was way earlier than a "few years later" when the "partnership" went separate ways.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
signpimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2002 klx110

Send a message via MSN to signpimp
So, I'm assuming you guys now Jerry M.? I haven't talked to him in a long while, but I remember back when they were first doing the dirt work on the property. Seems like it was just a few short months ago...hahaha...
signpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #11
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
Originally Posted by signpimp View Post
So, I'm assuming you guys now Jerry M.? I haven't talked to him in a long while, but I remember back when they were first doing the dirt work on the property. Seems like it was just a few short months ago...hahaha...
Yes. And Kim Campbell. No kidding about time flying. I was there when they were turning dirt. I reviewed plans and drove over just-cleared dirt with Kim back in the middle of '05. (Search for the pix because I think I posted them on here years ago.) Of course Kim was gone quickly. Jerry was there, then gone, and now back. He does the go-kart side these days. Or did. I haven't talked to him in several months.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #12
signpimp

Bike(s):
2002 klx110

Send a message via MSN to signpimp
Nice, I'll have to look him up. I helped Jerry with the original signage for MSRH and did some graphics on his AWD car (I think it was a Lancer Evo). He used to tell me how awesome it was running the car on the dirt after they had the track laid out and packed. I remember Kim also, with his Dodge Magnum. Shortly after the track opened, I had the pleasure of riding with Jerry in his then new Corvette Z06. It was actually a little scary being the passenger as we were trying to catch a "breathed on" Miata. We never did catch it, but came close to spinning the vette trying....LOL...
signpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #13
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
Originally Posted by signpimp View Post
Nice, I'll have to look him up. I helped Jerry with the original signage for MSRH and did some graphics on his AWD car (I think it was a Lancer Evo). He used to tell me how awesome it was running the car on the dirt after they had the track laid out and packed. I remember Kim also, with his Dodge Magnum. Shortly after the track opened, I had the pleasure of riding with Jerry in his then new Corvette Z06. It was actually a little scary being the passenger as we were trying to catch a "breathed on" Miata. We never did catch it, but came close to spinning the vette trying....LOL...
Ditto. I did time as a passenger with all those guys and all those cars. Pictures and videos buried somewhere. Jerry used to like to tell the stories of coming out the track at 1 am and doing laps in the near darkness. Good times.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #14
ringdingding
...at the track

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 125 two times
CBR 250
Ducati 1000ss air cooled

MSRH was a blast today!

I was able to get 7 x 30 minute sessions... It was pretty hot out there so I sat out the last session but what a fun day it was.
ringdingding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #15
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

Quote:
Absolutely right scott...my father is member #10 out there.

but i still call it motorsports ranch HOUSTON just for and grins
matemike is offline   Reply With Quote