Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2006, 08:17 PM   #1
Thread Savior
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Thumbs up jus got some Pirelli's

ya so on my trip to corpus christi last weekend, i caught a huge nail in my back tire, it caused a slow leak. no way im going to plug or patch. the tires i had been using were bt-002's with a few trackdays on them (sides looked plasma melted) and a few months of commuting on them. middle almost to the wear marks, but not quite. tires also had the blueish look that track tires get from being heat cycled and overcooked too much. i had maybe another month or so left on them before they would need to be replaced anyways. (my commute to work is 2 miles)

i opted for a set of pirelli diablos. not the corsas, or super corsa's, or super mega ultra corsa 98598695's, but just the regular pirelli diablo streets. i actually almost opted for the diablo stradas (the sport touring diablo), because i plan on making trips to corpus more often, but i ended up deciding on these. if they dont last long enough, i will try the stradas.

some of yall might ask why i chose diablo streets over pilot powers, M3's bto-14s or whatever everyone else uses. well basicly, thats the answer, i figure there is allready alot of info out on the rest, so i wanted something different. plus, i only ever hear good things about pirelli grip. only bad thing ive heard about pirellis is that the mileage isnt there, but i assume most people get the corsa's, which are intended more for track use.

so far i only put two miles on them, but they felt really good on the way home. granted a fresh set is always going to feel great, especially coming off flattened out, over cooked, leaky tires. but i have had fresh rubber before.

i had put a fresh set of powers on my last bike. the diablos dont turn in as quick as the powers will, of course, but i would have to say, on my initial test, they felt stickier once i was in the lean. apples to oranges a bit cause its not the same bike, but still worth $0.02.

maybe ill do a memorial dr/alllen parkway + clover run soon, and give some more feedback.
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!

Last edited by Chris24; 10-06-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote