MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #21
the mother

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

Good job hustonbussa, we need more people like you . People need not judge and just pray for the person and there family . Because what you do when your on your bike it affects your family , wife and kids. It just does'nt affect you. My prayer's go out to him and his family
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rider down I-10 HOV and HWY 6 ramp grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 07-06-2015 09:40 PM
Rider down I-10 and HWY 6 2_slow_5.0 General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 03-25-2015 02:10 PM
RIDER DOWN: hwy 6 & memorial BRYAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 04-29-2010 07:56 PM
Rider down Hwy 99 & 90 gixxergirl General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 10-11-2009 10:54 PM
Anyone Know the rider that fell on Hwy 6 Sunday Harbinger General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-26-2006 11:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #22
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Not that it is my time to chime in but, i was in a CAR wreck in 2007, basically i had a big helmet on (the truck i was in) we got t-boned on my door by another truck. Some of you are so lucky you dont even realize. i havent rode my R6 on a public street in over 3 years because of the brain damage and mental disability i have from that accident in 2007. No one cares about ur cool face or ur cool shades or ur cool ciggarette wear ur gear and appreciate u dont have a up brain from something stupid that could be avoided. Its like i tell my wife it sucks seeing people that care so little about themselves when im stuck with PERMANENT brain damage (TBI) and wont ever be the same. A helmet can be the difference between living life or living life eating thru a straw. But you also have to realize it is not your place to tell people how to live but tell people what you have been thru to help them see and possibly learn from your mistakes.

My prayers r with the rider and i hope this opens peoples eyes on gear.

Ride safe, not only for yourself but everyone around u. It only takes 1 moron not paying attention to ruin multiple lives.
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #23
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonbussa View Post
To say he cares for his life less..hmm.. but riding a motorcycle is an and almost always has been an expression of freedom.. One illustrated by wind in your hair. One of the most epic rides I had was leaving DFW to Phoenix. Once in AZ there were no helmet laws. I took off my helmet, strapped it to my bike (in a bad way because it melted on my pipes.. another story though). The best feeling ever. Cranked up my stereo. This was the time of pull out decks.. before detachable faces for those of us who will admit to being old enough to drive back then hehe. I had my soda between my legs.... Of course at 19-20 years old, this was one of the best moments in my life. Why do I tell you this.. Not because I'm justifying it, just saying I understand it. SO that IS imposing your beliefs on him. That's all there is to it. You make decisions for you in YOUR life regardless of what the next man does. A guy stated on another forum, if it's not your time, you're not gonna go.. If it is your time, I don't give a *ish how much gear you have.. it's your time.

All I'm saying is live YOUR life and not through someone else's. Makes life on EVERYONE easier. More importantly instead of point out flaws in a grim time, wish or pray (whichever you do) for good fortune and move on. Enjoy the positive energy. {doing a weird dance} let the positive chi flow. WOOOZHAAA.. LMAO.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't wish him ill will if that is what you took from my statement. I'm just saying it's hard for me to feel bad other then the fact that his familey is effected as much or more then himself.

If that is judging or infering my feelings I apologize. I do wish him well and
I do thank you for stoping.
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #24
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Keep us updated if you find out anything
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #25
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Props for taking control and getting the guy to respond.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #26
Martinez

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Yamaha R6 2008

Bless the fallen rider - Bless you Marcus for your actions - I pledge to help all riders if need be..... Thank you for the Information... Has anyone seen or heard of this person??? News Paper? News anything?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #27
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedestech View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't wish him ill will if that is what you took from my statement. I'm just saying it's hard for me to feel bad other then the fact that his familey is effected as much or more then himself.

If that is judging or infering my feelings I apologize. I do wish him well and
I do thank you for stoping.
I do agree about wearing gear. Just hate that every time there's a down rider w/ no gear on thread, people come out the wood works. It's not suppose to be about the gear but the downed rider. I truly do understand what you're saying too.. because his actions DOES affect others. And this, if he had died, would have been the worst of ways... But all I'm saying is I can't fault him for not thinking the way I think. And instead of pointing out the fact that he isn't of the mindset I am or the level of thinking, that all I can do is wish for the best. Never thought you were giving ill will to him (although I've seen others do it) and sorry if I seemed like I was attacking you personally. Just that I wished it'd been more about him, finding his info or anyone got reports, etc and that he recovers. that's all. I'd still ride with ya even though we agree to disagree... Well if I could ride right now that is....
Old 06-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #28
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

When's that knee gonna heal up?
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #29
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
When's that knee gonna heal up?

I don't know yet. , haven't even got in to get an MRI to see the extent of the damage yet.. All I DO know is this *ISH hurts and Vicodin is good... Just not while I'm here at work.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #30
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonbussa View Post

I don't know yet. , haven't even got in to get an MRI to see the extent of the damage yet.. All I DO know is this *ISH hurts and Vicodin is good... Just not while I'm here at work.
Get better Brother... let me know if you need anything..
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:20 AM   #31
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson View Post
Get better Brother... let me know if you need anything..
Got a knee laying around I can from ya.. haha..

Seriously.
Thanks bro!

I guess I need to start throwing bbq's just to see bikes pull up so I can be like "I remember when I could ride" hehehe.

I'll be back soon enough.. Well whenever bored, I usually always have beer at my house (and a good couch so when you've had too many beers) lol.. Because that's where I'll be, in front of the xbox and big screen with a beer in hand..
Old 06-07-2011, 01:39 AM   #32
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Good job stopping man. I havent heard anything I just scanned news stations. I have stoppped at several bad accidents and have had guys bleed out with me holding there hand. Its something you do. I think you are the type of person who does not poke around you just jump in. I am the same type. But I didnt know that till the first time.

Now about this BBQ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:53 AM   #33
thewingo

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2011 H-D Iron...1200!

Quote:
dude.. why do you have to give your two cents when you hear about a down rider... He was only posting this to be informative to friends or family so they know.... don't hate... people will do what they want no matter what you tell them so stop preaching!!!
Wasn't really preaching nor hating, it is indeed a personal decision to wear a helmet or not, and it doesn't really surprise me either, I see guys all the time wearing bandanas...just putting my .02 out there, isn't that the point of forums afterall? Notice I did comment on the rider wishing him well, it wasn't like a rant about wearing gear
thewingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:10 AM   #34
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Quote:
dude.. why do you have to give your two cents when you hear about a down rider... He was only posting this to be informative to friends or family so they know.... don't hate... people will do what they want no matter what you tell them so stop preaching!!!
+1
Old 06-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #35
Rael
Communist Plant

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

The rider was lucky you were there! Not many people have it in them to take charge of a situation like that.
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #36
Busaman
Banned

User is banned

Busaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #37
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busaman View Post
Did he have loud exhausts? If not, that probably would have prevented this entire scenario!

very sad attempt to be funny, very sad indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #38
lucydad

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2007 Kawasaki EX 500
1971 Honda 175 Scrambler
1967 Honda Mini Trail 50
1966 Honda Super 90

Bless you for your actions. Helmets save lives.
lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #39
Deebo
formerly known as v.viney

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Monster S2R 1000
1996 Suzuki Intruder 800

It is a scary situation when you see a rider down unconscious. It really leave a mental scar and flashbacks. I was on the Wesley Combs Ride. I still have flashbacks. Make sure you vent bussa, it is very easy to become emotionally unstable. Thanks you stopped. Who knows if we would have made it till the EMTs came.

I would ride with you anyday.

in under-achiever category
Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #40
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busaman View Post
Did he have loud exhausts? If not, that probably would have prevented this entire scenario!

Advertisement