MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
Houstonbussa

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Rider down on HWY 6.

Today about 4p on hwy 6 just north of Bellaire (just past Walmart)

I didn't recognize the bike and didn't take time to look as I pulled over to offer assistance. There was a nurse there and some people that say they saw it happened. Said he just lost control of the back and it ended up in front of him.

I probably arrived less than 5 mins after it. He was out. Per the nurse and myself no one tried to move him. I told people to talk to him because he was less and less responsive. When no one would consistently talk to him, I grabbed my crutches and hobbled out my car. I noticed he had army gloves on (riding gloves with the army logo). So I started talking to him, since I didn't know his name I started calling him soldier. He started taking regular breaths, even with all the blood. He started coming too and trying to move, so I yelled like a drill sgt, "Soldier, keep your there and don't move". He responded with nods as he started to come through. I heard they were going to block off 6 for heli-vac.. I left once EMTs were on scene and had control.

I don't know him but wanted to post in case anyone did. He started breathing on his own and responding before I left though. No helmet and riding gloves. I hope he's ok.. And prayers sent.. If anyone knows him, my prayers to you too.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rider down I-10 HOV and HWY 6 ramp grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 07-06-2015 09:40 PM
Rider down I-10 and HWY 6 2_slow_5.0 General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 03-25-2015 02:10 PM
RIDER DOWN: hwy 6 & memorial BRYAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 04-29-2010 07:56 PM
Rider down Hwy 99 & 90 gixxergirl General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 10-11-2009 10:54 PM
Anyone Know the rider that fell on Hwy 6 Sunday Harbinger General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-26-2006 11:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
upononer6

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Hope hes alright, very awesome of you to comfort him and be there for a complete stranger.
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
thewingo

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2011 H-D Iron...1200!

Why do people still ride without a helmet? It's sad people are willing to take that risk for whatever stupid reason they give. A helmet saved my neighbors life when he was younger, and he doesn't wear one even though he admits he should. Crazy! Hope the rider is okay though.
thewingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Specialized Allez Elite

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by upononer6 View Post
Hope hes alright, very awesome of you to comfort him and be there for a complete stranger.
+1

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewingo View Post
Why do people still ride without a helmet? It's sad people are willing to take that risk for whatever stupid reason they give. A helmet saved my neighbors life when he was younger, and he doesn't wear one even though he admits he should. Crazy! Hope the rider is okay though.
Looking at the head wound and the blood coming from his nose and mouth, I 100% agree that the helmet would he probably would have been standing before the ems arrived. BUT riding a bike is choice, freedom and all that.. So I don't fault him. I'm no judge. So I won't judge his choice. I just pray he's ok. If he survives, he'll probably change his tune on a helmet. So not wanting to turn this in to a helmet debate (deadhorse). I just wanted the info out there in case anyone knew him and could possibly keep me posted on his condition.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
MONSTERZX9
Owner Ground Zero

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
F4i

Good job for taking control of the situation. We need more people like you out there. Most just watch with their mouths covered in panic. You on the other hand, from what it sounds, did exactly what needed to be done.
MONSTERZX9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
People that dont wear helmets just never will. Either because its not their "style" or just not doing it because people tell them to.

What ever reason, it is incomprehensible to me that people STILL ride with out one.

Its almost if NFL players were given a choice to wear or not and then a large portion of them would choose not to, it would be incredibly stupid.

But to each his own.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #8
GSXRon

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
05 GSXR 600

sucks to hear. hope he recovers quick. good looking out bro
GSXRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #9
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Good looking out Marcus. Wouldn't expect anything less from you man!

That sucks for the rider, I've been in the same situation where a rider with NO gear went down right in front of me on 1960 and I had no idea what to do.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #10
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTERZX9 View Post
Good job for taking control of the situation. We need more people like you out there. Most just watch with their mouths covered in panic. You on the other hand, from what it sounds, did exactly what needed to be done.
Not for the kudos, but more so because one day it may be me... And I hope 'that guy/gal' is around. It's a scary thought ya know.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #11
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Quote:
dude.. why do you have to give your two cents when you hear about a down rider... He was only posting this to be informative to friends or family so they know.... don't hate... people will do what they want no matter what you tell them so stop preaching!!!
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

I know it sounds harsh and callous but if you give such little about yourself it's hard for me to....

Kudo's for stoping.

ATGATT FTMFW....
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #13
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
People that dont wear helmets just never will. Either because its not their "style" or just not doing it because people tell them to.

What ever reason, it is incomprehensible to me that people STILL ride with out one.

Its almost if NFL players were given a choice to wear or not and then a large portion of them would choose not to, it would be incredibly stupid.

But to each his own.
That is an untrue statement. I went 20 years without wearing a helmet. My change of heart was due to a compromise with the wife. I'm not the only one out there. Often times people will make changes in their life (such as to wear or not wear a helmet) for various reasons.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #14
eltejano
I smell pretty

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
That is an untrue statement. I went 20 years without wearing a helmet. My change of heart was due to a compromise with the wife. I'm not the only one out there. Often times people will make changes in their life (such as to wear or not wear a helmet) for various reasons.
OK,

People that dont wear helmets just never will except for FKNA. Either because its not their "style" or just not doing it because people tell them to.

But to each his own.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #15
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Gear F*IN 'S. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Sorry people that in someone's worse of times find fault in it. I'm glad I'm not relying on you in my bad times as you'd just tell me why it was bad. Who cares what OTHER people do. You do what YOU do and worry about you. I ride gear. But again, I'm not judge. If you're Christian, there's only one JUDGE... If you're not, then let the people that went to school and are paid to be a judge be a judge. Misery loves company and is quick to jump in negative with more negative. If you can't offer the guy prayers or offer a hand when you see him on the road..physically.. the STFU! Seriously? One day it'll be you on the ground and some Harley guy is going to say "Well I would have stopped but I don't agree with those sport rocket guys.. they just ride too fast and they do it to themselves.. If only he'd bought a Harley"..... In essence is the same thing you are saying.. "I don't agree with his thoughts so he's an idiot so I have no love for him"..

If I see someone w/o a helmet, I just shake my head and hope he doesn't learn the hard way. But doesn't mean the dude is not human and entitled to his beliefs or thought process. Yes I agree, wear a helmet. But I also know if you don't, it's your head not mine. Get over it and get on. Again, not to turn it in to a beating the dead horse convo...

If anyone is not a fucknut and knows any info on this guy and the outcome, please either post it or PM me as I would like to hear that he will survive type of info.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #16
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Oh, btw, I, when riding cruisers, didn't wear a helmet. Just didn't feel right on a bike that had speed.. So I changed that when I got the busa. I only like full faced. My dad wears a dome piece (open face). Drives me crazy, but he's been riding probably longer than most of you been alive. When the convo came up, I expressed my concerns and why I do what I do. Doesn't mean I'm gonna dog my dad out or not ride with him because we don't agree on gear needed to ride.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #17
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonbussa View Post
If I see someone w/o a helmet, I just shake my head and hope he doesn't learn the hard way. But doesn't mean the dude is not human and entitled to his beliefs or thought process. .
Dude, agree with you 100%. I think it's sad for them and the people that care for them. I'm just saying I find it hard to empathise (not sympathise) with someone who cares so little for their own well being than not to wear the most basic of riding saftey gear.

I've cracked the chin bar on a Aria, I've rung my bell in a lid that had little more then scratches on it. I've seen people permenantly brain damaged
from not wearing lids that were capable, intellegent humans one day and
their loved ones have to change their diaper the next.

It's not being a , it's reality...
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #18
lightlord
Street ninjas four father

Bike(s):
two fiddie (sold)
79' cb650 (4-sale)
2005 636 titanium

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to lightlord Send a message via Yahoo to lightlord
but if he was in fact in the military then it is in the UCMJ that we must wear our gear.... that being said hope the rider makes it out ok and speedy recovery to him..
Soldier 8 years
Firefighter 10 years
Streetninja for life
lightlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #19
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedestech View Post
Dude, agree with you 100%. I think it's sad for them and the people that care for them. I'm just saying I find it hard to empathise (not sympathise) with someone who cares so little for their own well being than not to wear the most basic of riding saftey gear.

I've cracked the chin bar on a Aria, I've rung my bell in a lid that had little more then scratches on it. I've seen people permenantly brain damaged
from not wearing lids that were capable, intellegent humans one day and
their loved ones have to change their diaper the next.

It's not being a , it's reality...
To say he cares for his life less..hmm.. but riding a motorcycle is an and almost always has been an expression of freedom.. One illustrated by wind in your hair. One of the most epic rides I had was leaving DFW to Phoenix. Once in AZ there were no helmet laws. I took off my helmet, strapped it to my bike (in a bad way because it melted on my pipes.. another story though). The best feeling ever. Cranked up my stereo. This was the time of pull out decks.. before detachable faces for those of us who will admit to being old enough to drive back then hehe. I had my soda between my legs.... Of course at 19-20 years old, this was one of the best moments in my life. Why do I tell you this.. Not because I'm justifying it, just saying I understand it. SO that IS imposing your beliefs on him. That's all there is to it. You make decisions for you in YOUR life regardless of what the next man does. A guy stated on another forum, if it's not your time, you're not gonna go.. If it is your time, I don't give a *ish how much gear you have.. it's your time.

All I'm saying is live YOUR life and not through someone else's. Makes life on EVERYONE easier. More importantly instead of point out flaws in a grim time, wish or pray (whichever you do) for good fortune and move on. Enjoy the positive energy. {doing a weird dance} let the positive chi flow. WOOOZHAAA.. LMAO.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #20
Houstonbussa

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
2003 Suzuki Marauder

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightlord View Post
but if he was in fact in the military then it is in the UCMJ that we must wear our gear.... that being said hope the rider makes it out ok and speedy recovery to him..
I would almost guess he was EX military due to the facial hair and hair cut. And I don't know if changed, but the only time they'd get a ticket for not wearing gear is while ON POST... And of course in a wreck if the report makes it back to base... In my 10 years I served I watched a lot of guys get off post and then de-gear.

Advertisement