MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #101
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmegchoi
!

You are an instructor now, James???

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, thanks. It was due to the tires you let me have:icon_bigg
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10/26/07 LSTD TWS (Texas World Speedway) aznhero913 Taking it to the Track 164 11-05-2007 09:44 AM
Some LSTD TWS (Texas World Speedway) 7/16/06 Pics 3xv General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 07-30-2006 03:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #102
Longnguyen

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Long,
Some of the differences will be no compression braking and being able to brake later because of the size of the bike.
Another will be picking up the throttle again mod-corner, you'll have to be more conscious of where you are at in the powerband in order to get a good drive out of the corners.
Im still getting used to the bike and my body feels awkward on it.Im riding it like my other bike right now and adjusting for differences in throttle and suspension. The brakes are kinda wierd right now so i have to check to see if it is ok. Next time on the track I will need you to dial in my susp. settings because right now its set to Piersons settings. For now i just need some good old coaching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1moto
nice meeting you too long...

alan tan (one of the other lstd instructors) runs a 1:50 flat @ TWS (Texas World Speedway)... and endurance races a Honda RS85... :notworthy

so absofreakinlutely yes...
Yes i heard is he awesome on the 125s. Put in a word for me that i would like some advise/help. If i can make 2:00 TWS (Texas World Speedway) i would be happy.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #103
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longnguyen
Im still getting used to the bike and my body feels awkward on it.Im riding it like my other bike right now and adjusting for differences in throttle and suspension. The brakes are kinda wierd right now so i have to check to see if it is ok. Next time on the track I will need you to dial in my susp. settings because right now its set to Piersons settings. For now i just need some good old coaching.

Yes i heard is he awesome on the 125s. Put in a word for me that i would like some advise/help. If i can make 2:00 TWS (Texas World Speedway) i would be happy.

Where did you get your TZ? I'm looking for an Ride Smart Let's race!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
Old 10-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #104
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:

2 mins. is pretty fast on that thing i would imagine. Hope all that works out for you.. Maybe i can keep up with you once you get it down good.. That'll be my goal.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #105
Longnguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
Where did you get your TZ? I'm looking for an Ride Smart Let's race!
Its hard to find a brand spanking new tz or Ride Smart so you are going to have to find it used from someone who bought it used from someone on and on lol look on fatbaq.com,usgpru.com,wera boards. And anytime you want im game..........i do want to go up against the 600 and 1000 bikes because i know i lack the power and therefore i have to increase my skill to keep up and even beat them.Use your disadvantage to become a better rider. Hey r1 yea last fri was the second time on my tz and i was riding maybe 60% didnt want to wipe out and i made 2:20's so im sure i can get 10's soon.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #106
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Yeah Pierson's settings will probably be a tad on the stiff side for you until you get going faster. I'll be at the TWS (Texas World Speedway) on the 30th, if you're coming come see me and I'll work with you some.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Old 10-11-2006, 07:50 AM   #107
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Its hard to find a brand spanking new tz or Ride Smart so you are going to have to find it used from someone who bought it used from someone on and on lol look on fatbaq.com,usgpru.com,wera boards.
Yeah, RScycles say they will only get about 7 new 125's this year. hehe But I don't want to pay 10k anyway. I've been trying to jump into 125's for a few years now. I almost bought a TZ from a guy in San Antonio last year. I'm looking at a '96 Ride Smart right now but it's in California. I'm kinda hoping something local pops up now that the season is over.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
Old 10-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #108
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Arturo

I've got a friend who is heavily into the 125 / 250 two stroke world.
If you're looking for a bike, give me a shout and I'll pass along his number.
If he doesn't have one he may know someone who does.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Old 10-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #109
Longnguyen

yea it took me 8-9 months to track down a decent price/bike. But those websites i listed have for sale sections and they only have 125 or 250 on them for sale.The bike itself might not cost alot.........but the spares, and tricked out kits costs thousands lol. I see there are two nice bikes for sale on usgpru for 5k plus shipping......thats really decent.
Closed Thread