Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Texas Xtreme ORR June 18/19 Event #6 20 minutes outside Houston!

This one is a new property located about 25 minutes outside of the Houston area in Beasley, TX (down the road from Sugar Land) off of 59. I don't have exacts as the flier with directions has not been posted. I think this is going to be a FAST paced race like a flat track (just not oval shaped) since there is little elevation this close to Houston.....from Otis:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Off Road
I have 2 new properties for us this year. One to end the 1st part of the season with and one to begin the second part of the season with. Here is what's going on. The weekend of June 18-19, 2011 Texas Xtreme will be hosting Round #6 in Beasely Tx. This is the final race of the spring series. The Fall series begins in July. We have 510 acres that we will be racing on. The course will be an Old School Grass Track Hare Scramble. Wide open, big and fast. Sweeping corners, tight corners, long straight aways with a few technical sections thrown in for good measure! This is definitely something different for everyone to test their skills on and get some straight up side x side racing! There is a creek that runs through the property in which we will be using a small bit of, but for the most part it is wide open.

We will have concessions, special event on sat, and a movie on sat night complete with popcorn and free soda.

Flier will be up soon.
I hope to make this event, but I'm also having a private party the day before that includes 2 kegs and a bunch of debauchery. We'll see if I get to bed early enough Saturday night. No worries though, I think I got the C class locked up.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texas Xtreme Round #3-Huntsville Mar. 19&20 dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 30 03-23-2011 09:31 AM
Texas Xtreme Off Road Racing Round #2, Feb 19-20, 2011 Otis Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 18 02-24-2011 03:45 PM
Texas Xtreme Race #5 June 19-20 Otis Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 3 06-12-2010 09:21 PM
Texas Xtreme Offroad Racing EVENT #2 3/20 & 3/21 dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 12 03-22-2010 11:50 AM
RideSmart Track Day - 2008.07.19 & 20 @ ECR Slidell, TX - AN EVENT PACKED WEEKEND!!! Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 33 07-15-2008 01:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

no go for me, but I hope other MHer's take advantage of this course and it being so close to home.

bump

I'll throw the flyer up tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Well, race is the weekend and I won't be attending, but I hope some of you take advantage of a course so close to home....plus, it's a flat tracking style course....I'm upset i'm missing it. I'll be racing the same property in July though....I may even make it out to spectate on Sunday morning...suppose to be a good spectator viewing with it being an open style race vs. woods.

From Mr. Otis-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Off Road
Everyone getting ready? I know I am excited for this one! Something different! Speaking of different on this course you can see who is behind you or in front of you or who is in front of them. They may be 2 miles ahead but only 100 yards away! From one viewing spot you will be able to see bikes everywhere around you. It is a trip and its kinda weird being able to do that. Usually we get in the woods and all you see is trail and trees. Well not this time. Oh and you get prime time eyes on you from the highway on the start and for the first few miles of the course.

Ice is only 99 cents at the store on the corner.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
IndyRC
Mutant

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None

Sounds like fun. I've really been itching to do one of these events but it doesn't look to be in the cards anytime soon. I destroyed my boots last weekend and my helmet has no vents. It was a little warm.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

wish I had the bike ready for it. did he post a pre-race video yet? I haven't had the chance to check on TON.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

HE DID...It's in 3 parts....lots of getting slideways and braking deep into the corners. I've noticed among my class, my experience on the track really helps with this...People are so cautious about going deep into a corner on the brakes in dirt. I'm making this property in July, I know it's bound to be a hoot going bar to bar as you go from one corner to another...seeing who is in front/behind you is also pretty cool.

This property is bound to make you feel fast, even if you're not.

http://texasxtremeffroadracing.phanf...158045_5800860

Last edited by dbuck; 06-17-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
ileono918
On hiatus

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

So you are not going, Cliff?

Last I talked with James, you and he were making the event. I am probably going to show too.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #8
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

no. i ran into problems with building the bike back up from wrecking it. instead of paying for race weekend fees, I had to buy parts.

At the end of this wreck/build, my 04 kx250f is now mostly an 05 RMZ250. I haven't determined what color bodywork to run, green, yellow, or black. Maybe all 3.

But for what it is worth, I am learning a lot about suspension.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #9
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

James? Irak? thoughts?

Anyone else make it?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #10
ileono918
On hiatus

I had a great time and took a beating. I only did the class E 45 minute race on the short (3 mile) course. I got a deceiving 1st place (James beat me but, he chose not to get scored).

James did the D class open 1 hr. race on the long (16 miles) course and got a second place.

Hopefully there will be more races near Houston. I will ride the D class next time, as there will be a next time for sure.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #11
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

July race will be there again according to BDuck.

Congrats! Glad you guys had a great time. See you at the next one. If you want to ride in between then and now, I should have one of my twin bikes done and running by the end of the week. I'm mostly trying to figure out suspension valving, and the differences between my EBR, JM and stock forks.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #12
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
I had a great time and took a beating. I only did the class E 45 minute race on the short (3 mile) course. I got a deceiving 1st place (James beat me but, he chose not to get scored).

James did the D class open 1 hr. race on the long (16 miles) course and got a second place.

Hopefully there will be more races near Houston. I will ride the D class next time, as there will be a next time for sure.
I'm so glad you guys made it out to an event, but sorry I wasn't there for this one (it's the first I've missed in the last 13 months or so). I know the course this month (and July) is not a typical Xtreme Course, but with the xtreme heat Otis was trying to keep the race local to our area and to keep it to a fast flowing course (not to mention the lack of terrain in Houston). In the future months we'll be racing places like Cowboy Badlands (Beaumont), Lake Sam Rayburn (this one is about 2.5 hours away, but it's a pvt. property and tons of elevation), Brunesmill (Columbus area), and Middleton (2 hours N of Houston).

I hope to see you guys at future events. Thanks for giving the series a shot. I hope it was a pleasurable experience for you guys.

Danny
Old 06-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #13
caspervanek

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
KTM 450 EXC
1972 Yamaha R5

I really like the course, a bit different than usual, and actually a bit harder than I thought it would be based on the video. And I was really enjoying the WFO sections just to cool down.
caspervanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #14
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

i was in love for the 3 mile 45 minute practice and race, thought there were a few complainers about me and my speed (being faster, but they were all kids) I spoke to Otis about the "sandbagging" issue and the conclusion that we came up with was for me not to get scored and not take points away from the others so i just ran the race for fun. Otis' son took a good spill, i rode by him, looked at him b/c he was just laying there, when i seen the blood on his neck i quickly locked the brakes and turned around to assist, he had a gash under his chin, i told him to lay still and i went for help and then back to the race after checking on him again.

the 3 mile was easy as cheese and i was in love.

i missed the 16 mile course practice so i went into the race blind, good thing too b/c had i done practice i probably would not have ran the race!!

It was very difficult (for me) i'm used to a smooth flat surface, i planned to run the first lap to follow, to sort out the course and then push on for the 2nd lap, well that plan got busted about a mile in. The guy in front of me on a vintage bike (i was currently in last) was blowing dirt and cow all over me, i was faster so i went around and pushed on the catch up with the others, little did i know, these guys are fast as , i pushed for maybe 20 minutes and could never catch up, they were gone, i had spent all my energy, i was getting dehydrated ( had my camel back on) i couldn't breathe, so i had pulled over under a shade tree ( approx. 10 mins.) i had a 3 minute lead over the last guy but i couldn't go yet and had to wait.

Once i got back up and running, i pushed for a few minutes and started getting sick again, not wanting to quit the race, i just cruised around the rest of the course in agony, hoping for the end that never came.

the course was extremely rough, rugid and difficult to navigate.

Being my very first time i didn't know what to expect but, i'll be back for some more action and hopefully it will be a little different terrain, this is an endurance race, not a sprint race, you can't win in the first 20 minutes of a race that could last the better part of 2 hours.

I did my lap in just under 58 minutes, Otis said you have 2 minutes, go out for another lap!! NO WAY, had i gone out again, someone would have had to come and get me b/c i would not have made it back on my own.

yes i got a second place "in class" but i was surely a last place finisher, not a quitter tho.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #15
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

lol...didn't take my advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck
James,
I know you were counting on me and/or Cliff to show you the ropes. Even if Cliff doesn't go, and assuming you have nothing better to do I think you should go. The format is very simple. Sign in, pay your fees, get your sticker for your helmet and listen for the siren to line up...they'll be plenty of people around to help you find your line if you can't it on your own. Dead engine start, wait for the 10 second warning, flag drops.... out for the next hour straight (I highly recommend pacing yourself)!
that dude on the Vintage was probably Robert Marsh....former WERA roadracing champ. He ain't no punk.

Advertisement