Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
Andyres11
Andy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2004 katana 600

new to road rash

My name is Andy i just bought my first bike its a 2004 suzuki gsx 600 aka katana and..... i laid it over.... i didnt really know how to ride as a matter of fact i had never ridden a street bike until i took it out of my driveway and into my neighbohrhood.
anyway one day on the way back to my house i was coming into a corner i figured i was coming in too fast so i did something stupid out of pure lack of exp and ignorance i tapped my front and back brakes needless to say that was a bad idea and my brand new... well brandnew to me bike was thrashed i checked the important stuff first made sure none of my limbs were not bent at od angles then assesd the damaga a group of gsxrs helped me up and burnt off i felt like an idiot.... luckily i was wearing a helmet and then a E.M.T on a bule checked me out then a man named george or as you may know him here as PYROBUG51 took me under his wing and offered to fix my bike in exchange for a promise of attending a class when my bike is fixed im not worried about the ferrings it only needs new forks so we are on the hunt... yeah well he also sent me this invite all i can say is this once tall new to the streets 20 yearold with his first bike learned a hard lesson ps a cool dude towed my bike home for free which is awesome cause im a poor college kid hahaha
Andyres11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Rash Queen Helios Safety Corner Main 18 06-23-2011 06:06 PM
ROAD RASH!!!!!!!!!! FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 04-08-2007 03:06 PM
road rash rickykline Off Topic 27 08-20-2006 01:48 AM
I have horrible road rash flip326 General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 02-14-2006 10:25 PM
GOT ROAD RASH? 86gixx General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 09-17-2005 02:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Welcome
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
G1xx3rGuy08
1dizzie

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
gixxer 1000
600rr stunna!!!

yup youll get that alot, bikers here helps out bikers!! glad ur ok it always happens w ur first bike youll be ok, and +1 on the deal yall made he helps u 2 ways

1. he fixes ur bike
2. he saves ur live by making u take that class
Old 06-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #4
Ilean

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R6
2004 GSXR 600(sold)

Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyres11 View Post
My name is Andy i just bought my first bike its a 2004 suzuki gsx 600 aka katana and..... i laid it over.... i didnt really know how to ride as a matter of fact i had never ridden a street bike until i took it out of my driveway and into my neighbohrhood.
anyway one day on the way back to my house i was coming into a corner i figured i was coming in too fast so i did something stupid out of pure lack of exp and ignorance i tapped my front and back brakes needless to say that was a bad idea and my brand new... well brandnew to me bike was thrashed i checked the important stuff first made sure none of my limbs were not bent at od angles then assesd the damaga a group of gsxrs helped me up and burnt off i felt like an idiot.... luckily i was wearing a helmet and then a E.M.T on a bule checked me out then a man named george or as you may know him here as PYROBUG51 took me under his wing and offered to fix my bike in exchange for a promise of attending a class when my bike is fixed im not worried about the ferrings it only needs new forks so we are on the hunt... yeah well he also sent me this invite all i can say is this once tall new to the streets 20 yearold with his first bike learned a hard lesson ps a cool dude towed my bike home for free which is awesome cause im a poor college kid hahaha
Old 06-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #5
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

You have to take the class to get your license
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
You have to take the class to get your license
i think george is talking about the track ("class") since he instructs..... welcome to MH !!!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
Nowell

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2010 ZX-6R
07 DRZ400 SM SOLD!
96 VS800 Intruder Bobber (rat bike from ) SOLD!

At least your alive to come here and post. Welcome, hope you get that MSF done, and back on two wheels soon!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds for the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end."
Nowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

welcome aboard man.... take those classes...
Bounce305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #9
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

Thats one helluva intro, Welcome to MH. Glad your ok, do you have full gear? at least helmet, jacket, boots, and gloves.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #10
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyres11 View Post
This leads me to believe he has not had MSF or any other class. There is no reason you cant use your front brakes in a turn. You just need some seat time and proper instruction.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:18 AM   #11
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Welcome to MH.

Listen to what George has to say, he's got some good advice.
MSF, gear, then practice practice practice...
Old 06-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #12
wesleh

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 R6

MSF and ATGATT
Old 06-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
thieves

Which class did he recommend, MSF or English Grammar? Holy run ons...

Anyhow, sucks you fell down. Never fun. I dropped my bike the first day I bought it as well, because I thought I would be ok without MSF or anything. Nothing was hurt too bad, and life went on and I learned how to ride properly.

Good luck with everything.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement