Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #61
Born to Run
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

2008 Suzuki V-Strom 650
1990 Suzuki DR250S
1986 Suzuki GV1200 Madura
1975 Suzuki GT380

hah, old post. I goofed.

Last edited by Scorch; 07-14-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini moto advise required to race on TMGP japtj2000 Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 14 09-22-2014 11:13 AM
Mini moto advise required to race on TMGP. japtj2000 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 22 06-16-2014 11:50 AM
Need Advise hawkeye717 General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 06-02-2012 12:49 PM
Need advise moto187 General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 08-02-2009 02:16 AM
i need advise please ONIMOLAP.R General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 10-03-2007 12:28 PM
Old 07-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #62

Originally Posted by ARKEM View Post
Ive had my bike for about two months now. I get so many people telling me i'am riding my coffin. Or i'am going to die. or they bring up i heard so and so was killed or brain Dead. i wear my lid at all times, not my jacket so much because of the heat.

I know you guys ride and just wanted see if you have gone through this and/or what to say to these people. I'am hooked and i love riding, still a little slower than the rest but i like to cruise.

any thoughts?

Thanks Guys
(Sorry for the writing skill as you can see i suck at it)
Why are you so concerned with what others think !?? If you enjoy it then do it....if your concerned with what others think then don't.....people that don't ride will never understand why you want to ride...... nuff said...
PinkBtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:35 AM   #63
Feedback Rating: (1)

'09 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(sold)
'05 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636(sold)
Honda Rebel 250

I wear my jacket regardless of the heat
whomikedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:01 AM   #64
dizzle dazzle
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

Of course youre more in harms way now that youre riding alongside vehicles without a metal shield and air bags cushioning you. Dont think of it too much; youll let Their fear control your life. Ride safely, anticipate drivers actions, be loud, be bright, be seen. Let cars around you know youre there--your life and limbs are at stake.

When I hear it and my gosh I hear it all the time, I agree with them that its dangerous and risky and Im probably shortening my lifespan but thats the choice Im going with. People choose to dive off mountains w/ no parachutes gliding in the air, swim and catch sting rays, wrestle alligators, and whatever else.

ACCEPTANCE of its risks and severity will give you a sound mind.
Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't. ~Author Unknown
iDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #65

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

'03 SV650

Originally Posted by iDazzle View Post
ACCEPTANCE of its risks and severity will give you a sound mind.

I think one of the most important things about riding a bike is being very aware that you could die or get seriously hurt and accepting that truth. It teaches you to have a tremendous amount of respect for the machine underneath you and makes you a safer rider. To ride and think that you aren't at risk is the mistake that leads to carelessness.

BTW wear your jacket even when its hot. That's just part of the deal, you sacrifice convenience and comfort for pleasure when you ride safely.
CaffeineRacer is offline   Reply With Quote