MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #121
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
27. Who's bringing the drinks?
That's the unspoken 1.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where can I go and buy a large turkey pot pie to feed 10-12 people? PimpRice Off Topic 11 11-09-2011 07:18 AM
2000 people at TEA party protest in Washington? hotcknstrips Off Topic 7 07-06-2009 01:43 AM
people still fall for this? this is soooooooooo 2000 Azylum Off Topic 11 03-26-2008 10:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #122
Colonel
Big Blu

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

1. Who's name is the bike going to be under? If paid off, we can put the name under an LLC, with all of us listed
2. Where is the bike going to be stored? in a garage (mine if needed or one at the track if we want to spend the money)
3. Will you have insurance on the bike? yes
4. What insurance company will it be with? You pick, Ihave geico
5. What kind of coverage will it have? Full
a) Full Coverage, Collision, theft, fire? Full
6. Will all 10 people be listed and pay premium for each individual? No, only me listed and yes we will all pay the premium
7. Does that company allow claims for off-road, non-competitive track riding? yes
8. Who will be the person that fixes mechanical problems on the bike? our choice
9. What if I want MY mechanic to work on the bike before I ride it? sure, we'd love to learn from him, as long as hes ok with us learning from him.
10. What kind of tires will the bike have or will we have 10 different sets of wheels/tires? I have my own, you too can buy your own, as well as the others, but we will hvae enough money left over to have a few other sets for those just trying to learn the track.
11. Will the bike be regular or GP shift? I think GP, but we can vote
12. What if someone wants to switch the shift linkage? we vote
13. How will it be handled if someone wants to change the clip-on angle or lever height and resistance? np, easliy changed back
14. What if someone crashes the bike? we ask if they are ok
15. Are they responsible to pay for the deductible on the bike or would they have to pay cash to fix it? We take the money from our kitty
16. If they make a claim and our insurance goes up, do I have to pay for the increase because someone else crashed the bike? yes, we are a team and we will do the same if you wreck it
17. What happens if they bike is stolen from the primary keeper? Are we all responsible for deductible or the keeper? I'll pay it
18. What if one person decides to quit the team, do we bring on someone else, or split the rising costs ourselves? we vote
19. What if someone crashes the bike and I've already paid for my next TD, do I get reimbursed for that? no, don't pay for it until youre there
20. What if it's John Doe's day to ride the bike, but we trailer it with my trailer, behind your vehicle and it falls, but possibly John Doe didn't tie the bike down right? However my trailer is kind of old and shaky, but you did stop short at the light in your own vehicle? Neither of our car insurances cover the bike, but it wasn't necessarily our faults. then we scratch our heads and say, thank we had this text to remind us not to let that happen
21. What happens when the person who's name the bike is under decides to leave to the team, who's name does it go under then, and who's pays the fees and taxes? We vote, but seeing its an LLC it wont matter, you just remove the name
22. What if I don't get a full TD because of rain/etc. Does my scheduled day get rescheduled before anyone else? no, your SOL
23. Do we even get a full day, or do multiple people have to pay for the same TD since TD Orgs usually charge per PERSON not by bike? I say 2 per day, but we can vote seeing there will be more who want to ride than others. Like myslef I will be giving up a lot of track days due to work.
24. What if I don't like the color of the bike and I want to bright orange so I can say "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!!!!"? Then wear orange glasses that make everything orange.

Last edited by Colonel; 06-02-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #123
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

28. What color will the bike be?
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #124
Colonel
Big Blu

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Or you could attempt to talk someone down from $2500 to $2000, get a bike that's all your own, get a bike that's still fun, get a bike that's cheap to get parts for, get a bike that crashes better, and get a bike that you don't care about.

Seems like a win-win. You're more likely to push harder if you know the bike your on isn't pretty, doesn't need to be preserved, isn't going to make 9 other guys mad at your for taking it out of service, and isn't going to cost much (if any) to put right back on the track.
I truly don't care about that, if I love it so much that I need to be on the track, I'll buy another BMW and convert it. But seeing I was doing this to have 9 others involved in my fun, it doesn't matter to me about actually having track bike.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #125
Colonel
Big Blu

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

Quote:
28. What color will the bike be?
I like the red white and blue on the track, but to me color doesn't matter. We can vote!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #126
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
I like the red white and blue on the track, but to me color doesn't matter. We can vote!
If there is ANY voting, I'm out
Old 06-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #127
Colonel
Big Blu

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

Quote:
27. Who's bringing the drinks?
Coke and RedBull are to of my huge sponsors, I have enough of their drinks to last us years.

If you're talking beer, I have Alaskan Brewing company as a sponsor. They gave me 30 cases for my last event, we used 20 hahahaha, so again, I think I have the beer covered too!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #128
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Coke and RedBull are to of my huge sponsors, I have enough of their drinks to last us years.

If you're talking beer, I have Alaskan Brewing company as a sponsor. They gave me 30 cases for my last event, we used 20 hahahaha, so again, I think I have the beer covered too!
Dasani water (Coca-Cola company) it is
Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #129
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
1. Who's name is the bike going to be under? If paid off, we can put the name under an LLC, with all of us listed
2. Where is the bike going to be stored? in a garage (mine if needed or one at the track if we want to spend the money)
3. Will you have insurance on the bike? yes
4. What insurance company will it be with? You pick, Ihave geico
5. What kind of coverage will it have? Full
a) Full Coverage, Collision, theft, fire? Full
6. Will all 10 people be listed and pay premium for each individual? No, only me listed and yes we will all pay the premium
7. Does that company allow claims for off-road, non-competitive track riding? yes
8. Who will be the person that fixes mechanical problems on the bike? our choice
9. What if I want MY mechanic to work on the bike before I ride it? sure, we'd love to learn from him, as long as hes ok with us learning from him.
10. What kind of tires will the bike have or will we have 10 different sets of wheels/tires? I have my own, you too can buy your own, as well as the others, but we will hvae enough money left over to have a few other sets for those just trying to learn the track.
11. Will the bike be regular or GP shift? I think GP, but we can vote
12. What if someone wants to switch the shift linkage? we vote
13. How will it be handled if someone wants to change the clip-on angle or lever height and resistance? np, easliy changed back
14. What if someone crashes the bike? we ask if they are ok
15. Are they responsible to pay for the deductible on the bike or would they have to pay cash to fix it? We take the money from our kitty
16. If they make a claim and our insurance goes up, do I have to pay for the increase because someone else crashed the bike? yes, we are a team and we will do the same if you wreck it
17. What happens if they bike is stolen from the primary keeper? Are we all responsible for deductible or the keeper? I'll pay it
18. What if one person decides to quit the team, do we bring on someone else, or split the rising costs ourselves? we vote
19. What if someone crashes the bike and I've already paid for my next TD, do I get reimbursed for that? no, don't pay for it until youre there
20. What if it's John Doe's day to ride the bike, but we trailer it with my trailer, behind your vehicle and it falls, but possibly John Doe didn't tie the bike down right? However my trailer is kind of old and shaky, but you did stop short at the light in your own vehicle? Neither of our car insurances cover the bike, but it wasn't necessarily our faults. then we scratch our heads and say, thank we had this text to remind us not to let that happen
21. What happens when the person who's name the bike is under decides to leave to the team, who's name does it go under then, and who's pays the fees and taxes? We vote, but seeing its an LLC it wont matter, you just remove the name
22. What if I don't get a full TD because of rain/etc. Does my scheduled day get rescheduled before anyone else? no, your SOL
23. Do we even get a full day, or do multiple people have to pay for the same TD since TD Orgs usually charge per PERSON not by bike? I say 2 per day, but we can vote seeing there will be more who want to ride than others. Like myslef I will be giving up a lot of track days due to work.
24. What if I don't like the color of the bike and I want to bright orange so I can say "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!!!!"? Then wear orange glasses that make everything range.
1. What if can't decide on one insurance company?
2. If you are the only one listed on the insurance, how can I ride or transport the bike and be covered without insurance fraud?
3. You want me to PAY more for insurance for someone else's stupidity?
4. What if some of the riders can't get covered for insurance on the BMW, or simply can't afford the cost after the bike is already purchased? Do we get our money back?
5. Who takes that hit if we can't get the full purchase price back?
6. What if we are deadlocked in all your voting scenarios 5-5?
7. What happens when we claim it stolen, you pay the deductible, and we have to pay increase in premium?
8. How will you handle the argument that I paid equally into the team and want the same amount of tracktime whether or not my event was cancelled?
9. Infinity more questions, that you couldn't control or predict.....

Who's to say this isn't real life stuff that comes up, and obviously you are joking from your responses, but I would want real answers to most of those questions before I hand you over 2K that can only be a losing investment.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #130
Colonel
Big Blu

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

25. what will the gearing of the bike be? no clue, I'm a noob
26. are we gonna change the gearing between each session to fit each rider? depends on how far apart it is from the next rider I guess.

Can you expand on the gearing, tell me what you are refering too? How is your gearing set up now on your track bike?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #131
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
25. what will the gearing of the bike be? no clue, I'm a noob
26. are we gonna change the gearing between each session to fit each rider? depends on how far apart it is from the next rider I guess.

Can you expand on the gearing, tell me what you are refering too? How is your gearing set up now on your track bike?
There's no need to with the gearing. Leave the bike stock
Old 06-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #132
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:

2 per day? as in two sessions? or two people?

if two sessions, thats 40 minutes of riding. cost of a TD + $2000 for 20 minutes of riding?

if only 2 people per TD. then why pay 2000 for a bike that i can use PART of the time?

i would prefer my own track bike for a just a few bucks more.

either way, its a LOT of money for little track time plus the hassle of dealing with 8 other bastards. or spend a little money and get all the track time i want.

Last edited by BRYAN; 06-02-2011 at 11:55 AM.
BRYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #133
Colonel
Big Blu

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

1. What if can't decide on one insurance company? We will
2. If you are the only one listed on the insurance, how can I ride or transport the bike and be covered without insurance fraud? We add a special coverage for transport (named insurer) such as event insurance that covers to and fro
3. You want me to PAY more for insurance for someone else's stupidity? no, I hope we never have to, but if it does come to that we will pay. I'll tell you now it won't go up after the first wreck.
4. What if some of the riders can't get covered for insurance on the BMW, or simply can't afford the cost after the bike is already purchased? Do we get our money back? No, thats not logical, we have insurance for every instance
5. Who takes that hit if we can't get the full purchase price back? I will if you can't afford it or our kitty can't handle the cost
6. What if we are deadlocked in all your voting scenarios 5-5? then we get a mediator, but otherwise I would say its a heated discussion and would need to be rethought if its deadlocked
7. What happens when we claim it stolen, you pay the deductible, and we have to pay increase in premium? Would you like it to be vice versa
8. How will you handle the argument that I paid equally into the team and want the same amount of tracktime whether or not my event was cancelled? You can have my track day
9. Infinity more questions, that you couldn't control or predict.....Like what if a tornado comes and destroys everything, or what if you die in a car crash today before getting to post again and you really wanted to do this, or what if you find that you don't have $2000 lying around, because you live pay check to pay check and your going to get some unexpected dbt today thats going to need all your money, or what if all of the above?

obviously you are joking from your responses: I wasn't joking??
Old 06-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #134
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:

right now its stock...but soon it will be -1 up front.

i know that kibby has a different set up and so does senator.

its rider preference.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #135
Colonel
Big Blu

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYAN View Post
2 per day? as in two sessions? or two people?

if two sessions, thats 40 minutes of riding. cost of a TD + $2000 for 20 minutes of riding?

if only 2 people per TD. then why pay 2000 for a bike that i can use PART of the time?

i would prefer my own track bike for a just a few bucks more.
I don't know you wanted an answer form a guy who's never been to the track and hasn't yet approached that scenario. So I just said 2?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #136
Colonel
Big Blu

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYAN View Post
right now its stock...but soon it will be -1 up front.

i know that kibby has a different set up and so does senator.

its rider preference.
How long have you been riding it that way and when do you expect to change it, also how difficult is it to change it that you haven't already, yet you're wanting to change a bike that doesn't yet exist?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #137
Colonel
Big Blu

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

Quote:
There's no need to with the gearing. Leave the bike stock
sounds good to me!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #138
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
How long have you been riding it that way and when do you expect to change it, also how difficult is it to change it that you haven't already, yet you're wanting to change a bike that doesn't yet exist?
well, depends on the bike.

my SV was +2. was awesome and rode it for a year like that.

after my GSS session. it will be -1 until further notice.

changing depends of the gearing itself. front sprockets are fairly simple. but with rear sprockets you have a greater risk of having to re size the chain bigger or smaller.

if each rider wants a different setup to suit their needs. thats a lot of wrenching and chain swaps (and money) to handle.

, we havent even TOUCHED on tire preference as well. thats huge.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #139
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
It's just a matter of changing the sprocket or sprockets. Either adding or dropping a tooth, teeth
Old 06-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #140
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
1. What if can't decide on one insurance company? We will
2. If you are the only one listed on the insurance, how can I ride or transport the bike and be covered without insurance fraud? We add a special coverage for transport (named insurer) such as event insurance that covers to and fro
3. You want me to PAY more for insurance for someone else's stupidity? no, I hope we never have to, but if it does come to that we will pay. I'll tell you now it won't go up after the first wreck.
4. What if some of the riders can't get covered for insurance on the BMW, or simply can't afford the cost after the bike is already purchased? Do we get our money back? No, thats not logical, we have insurance for every instance
5. Who takes that hit if we can't get the full purchase price back? I will if you can't afford it or our kitty can't handle the cost
6. What if we are deadlocked in all your voting scenarios 5-5? then we get a mediator, but otherwise I would say its a heated discussion and would need to be rethought if its deadlocked
7. What happens when we claim it stolen, you pay the deductible, and we have to pay increase in premium? Would you like it to be vice versa
8. How will you handle the argument that I paid equally into the team and want the same amount of tracktime whether or not my event was cancelled? You can have my track day
9. Infinity more questions, that you couldn't control or predict.....Like what if a tornado comes and destroys everything, or what if you die in a car crash today before getting to post again and you really wanted to do this, or what if you find that you don't have $2000 lying around, because you live pay check to pay check and your going to get some unexpected dbt today thats going to need all your money, or what if all of the above?

obviously you are joking from your responses: I wasn't joking??
You weren't joking when you said that it bike falls over, all you'll say is OOPS and scratch your head?

I do have 2 grand lying around, don't live check to check, and don't need that money. However, I would seriously dislike tossing 2 grand into the wind on solely the "possibility" of "sometimes" riding this bike for awhile. I could find a much more useful way of spending that 2K getting 11-13% return over an almost sure bet of getting a 0% or negative return.

Advertisement