MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2011, 08:43 PM   #21
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post

The R6 is staying with papi for track, so I can get the rush out at the right place...

This is the BEST thing you've said since i've met you Floyd. I'll be right there with ya.

My Zx10 is also slowing turning into my track .
I have noticed drivers getting more and more aggressive against sport bike riders. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 06-06-2011 10:26 AM
Another reason to hate Dallas and their sport bike riders. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 124 06-06-2010 10:20 PM
There are some really idiotic sport bike riders out there! Reventon General Discussion (Moto Related) 115 01-27-2010 01:21 PM
For Racers, Track Riders, Street Riders, Cruisers yellowjacket General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-21-2009 09:20 PM
Sport Riders Vs Cruisers Mr.Butts General Discussion (Moto Related) 63 02-20-2008 07:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2011, 08:46 PM   #22
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYAN View Post
This is the BEST thing you've said since i've met you Floyd. I'll be right there with ya.

My Zx10 is also slowing turning into my track .
Two down...erm...a bunch more to go...but mostly 2

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:56 PM   #23
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Old 05-31-2011, 08:57 PM   #24
Zephyr

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Yami Raider
Sv650s (sold)

I just jumped into the cruiser world a week and a half ago, and I love it!!! I went for the Yamaha Raider raven Super BADASS, Rides like a dream, tons of torque... I'm still holding on to the SV650s for the days I feel like I need to dig into some corners, but I was sold after my first 4hr ride on the raider and I didn't need to call my chiropractor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	raider in driveway2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	45453  
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #25
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Ormamd
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:32 PM   #26
RJV

Bike(s):
hypermotard 1100 (duc is dead)
hypermotard sp
1125 cr

Another option is one of the big supermoto bikes. ktm, aprilia or ducati. I have taken my hypermotard out all day and enjoyed every minute of it. I rode my dads harley for years. When I finally was able to get my own bike I wanted a sport bike. The down fall of a sport bike for me was my elbow are shot. When I saw the big supermoto bikes I couldn't resist. Closet I can get to a sport bike without killing my arms. Tons of fun and comfortable to ride.
RJV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:32 PM   #27
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:36 PM   #28
needaducati

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
14 BMW S1KRR
2011 Harley FXS Blackline -- SOLD
07 - CBR600RR -- SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to needaducati
I am in a similar boat as you man, will be keeping my cbr and getting a cruiser.....I rode my friends Vulcan and loved it...the comfort is something you will love.....Am myself was thinking about getting the stryker but the exhaust looks hidous in person....just my opinion...if you like it go for it!
Honestly I dont think there is an age for cruisers a moto is a moto....if you enjoy the comfort and relaxed sitting then get it plus you always have the sporty for days you feel like hitting 100+ MPH I think its a win win
needaducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #29
gkcontra

Bike(s):
2008 GSX 650F -Blue
2008 GSX 650F - Black
2003 GSXR600 Alstare(sold)
97 sportster 1200C (sold)
'00 Shadow Ace (Sold)

Having both is definitely the way to go. I use the 650F for commuting and going a little faster, the Sportster for just leisure rides whenever. The Sportster just wasn't that great on a 100 mile round trip to work that is all highway , meaning 70+ the whole time.
gkcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #30
train460
speed junky

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...unch/4893.html
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:51 PM   #31
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by train460 View Post
the V max????? Oh no!!!!!! I'm scared of that thing.. My buddy at work got it and the rear end comes loose on 3 and 4th gear just by opening her up just a bit.... Lol that right there is way tooooooo much bike.. He paid 23k for it so that's a little out of pocket lol

Last edited by floyd600; 05-31-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:03 PM   #32
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Camera is on a Stryker. The other bike is a Victory.

pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:24 PM   #33
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

i have a cruser , softail ,, i do love the bike but deff two diff worlds,, im sure you will be happy with it but your will always want to hop on the sport bike and hit triple dig speeds ,,

if you want one get it you will be happy
Old 05-31-2011, 10:29 PM   #34
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
love it. two wheels is two wheels.

rode sportbikes mostly for the past 8 years. recently was in between bikes and a customer of mine GAVE me a bike to have if i could fix it up. i have 79 yamaha xs1100 now and i love the out of it as a daily. i should explain that back in 79 there was no such things as "sport" bikes, but if you somehow wanted one, the xs1100 was the one to get. basicly the busa or zx14 of its time.

so i still have loads of torque and power. i dont think i could enjoy a VLX 600 or even a vt750 like i do this bike. so i would suggest getting a cruiser with a lot of displacement. that being said, no its not the same as a gsxr or something. but i ride it to work and back up and down the boulevard, and its plenty of fun between the lights. let me just put it like this..

some might call it a cruiser...but that doesnt stop me from putting the front wheel in the air when the light turns green.

SURE. a part of me felt OLD when i went ahead and bought some new highway pegs to replace the missing one on the engine guards...but they grew on me. they ARE comfortable. its nice to be on a vehicle that has more peformance then every car, truck and SUV on the road...but i can actually relax a little and enjoy the ride as i leave everyone in the dust. its refreshing to have all that peformance and not need to be jacked up on adrenaline all the time.

im feeling a bit hesitant to buy bags for this thing (again, that feeling old thing). im pretty sure im going to though...its my daily, and it would be nice to be able to go to lunch on my break and not have to cram a taco bell bag into the tiny fork bag i have. it would be cool to able to hit the grocery store and be able to buy a couple bags worth of and be able to take it home or to work or whatever. or to be able to bring home a bottle of rum from the liquor store for that matter.

on that note...i see the light of a cupholder...something i had always felt was the antichrist of the riding world. but when i hit fast food places i cant get a drink. no way to carry it. so i either have to eat there, or miss out on combo meal prices. it would be cool to be able to bring my drink back to work or back to home after i get off and stop somewhere.

so yea... im liking it. lovin it actually. i plan to go the same route as you. cruiser for a daily, sport bike for the track, truck for rainy days/transporting bikes/moving big . seems to be the way to go.

i say go for it dude. man, honda shadows are great reliable bikes and all, but i say if you come from sportbikes stay away from them. go for the VTX 1300 or better yet vtx 1800. maybe m109. yamaha warrior is PURE . go with whatever factory you like, but get a biggun.

cruisers have their uses. i used to think they were pure compared to sportbikes, but they arent. there are just trade offs, and a lot of the perks are pretty awesome. dont worry about the sterostypes. i dont. who knows, maybe one day ill go all out and put in an audio system, like i used to think was dumb on a motorcycle...

except ill be different and put a sub on it and rock dubstep. haha! i cant wait to see the funny looks THAT will get from the HD crowd.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:51 PM   #35
texasyankee

Bike(s):
Harley Low Rider
Kawi ZX6R (Track)

I have the Harley Low Rider for the street and the Kawi zx6r for the track: the best of both worlds. Sport bikes aren't fun until you hit 80 mph on a twisty road but a cruiser is fun at legal speed on straight roads that we have in Texas.
texasyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:53 AM   #36
train460
speed junky

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
the V max????? Oh no!!!!!! I'm scared of that thing.. My buddy at work got it and the rear end comes loose on 3 and 4th gear just by opening her up just a bit.... Lol that right there is way tooooooo much bike.. He paid 23k for it so that's a little out of pocket lol
I have seen the new ones for between $12k-15k if you look around.
You can get a first gen one cheap. anywhere from about $3K and up.
besides on the first gen there are TONS of parts and upgade stuff around as between 85 and up, first gen models, about all the parts are interchangable.
BTW who is your buddy at work? Does he Know about the VMOA or our local v-max chapter site on yahoo groups?
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #37
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
love it. two wheels is two wheels..
LOL.. I had fun reading all that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by train460 View Post
I have seen the new ones for between $12k-15k if you look around.
You can get a first gen one cheap. anywhere from about $3K and up.
besides on the first gen there are TONS of parts and upgade stuff around as between 85 and up, first gen models, about all the parts are interchangable.
BTW who is your buddy at work? Does he Know about the VMOA or our local v-max chapter site on yahoo groups?
He works at Subaru and just got his V-max.. I dont think he knows about it how ever he always logs in on yahoo to check for news and what not.

He went and got this bike from the dealership, .. they had to order his before they even came out! I asked him to let me take it but when he said YES I said NO!!! I dont like riding something that I can't control...
Old 06-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #38
Track_Graphics

BLASPHEME ! ! ! ! !

Isn't there something in our religion that says we have to cut your head off now?
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #39
FKNA

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #40
Track_Graphics