Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
I only look plastic
Feedback Rating: (0)

1996 Harley Davidson Sportster 883

Send a message via AIM to BikerBarbie Send a message via Yahoo to BikerBarbie
Angel Tree Prison Ministry Fun Run Oct. 21st

I was contacted today by the group Prison Fellowship Ministries. You can read their letter below.

They're having a motorcycle fun run on October 21st to support the Angel tree (again, read below). I'd really love to get a bunch of people to support this ride. You can register online. IIf you're on MySpace, you can also add them as a friend (see the first friend on my list).
Let's help bring a brighter Christmas to kids with parents in prison!!

Here's her letter to me:
Hey Dawn!
Thanks so much for your interest and enthusiasm! We are Prison Fellowship Ministries, the largest prison ministry in the world (over 100 countries), and we are specifically in the South Texas office, right here in Houston. We have a program called Angel Tree, which gives Christmas gifts to prisoners' children on behalf of their incarcerated parent. It lets the kids know they haven't been forgotten and really gives the child and the caregiver much needed love and support.
Anyway, this Fun Run (October 21) will supply that. We're asking participants to register online ( for the event which is $20/rider + $10 if they have an additional rider and then we're asking them to bring an unwrapped toy to the fun run. Last year, we partnered with churches and other community groups and were able to give gifts to 34,000 kids in our area (Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus, and the valley)...BUT there are still More kids that we need to help! So we've decided to have our 1st Annual Fun Run.
Since our ministry has been around for 30 years, we are established and legitimate. But our main need is for bikers to get involved, since this is our first year to have the fun run.
Whew, that was a lot of info!
We have a simple webpage w/all of the links to register and find out more about the ministry ( If you could bring a group to the run, that'd be GREAT!!!! Dawn, please let me know if I can answer ANY and ALL questions you might have.
Thanks so much!
(281) 300-4635

BikerBarbie is offline   Reply With Quote