Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Dirt Track day at Colin Edwards

If anyone is interested in riding at Colin Edwards Texas Tornado Boot Camp in a track day type environment (no instruction unless you want it, otherwise just show up and ride) Colin Edwards will NOT be in attendance for these days, they are now offering a "Beginner to Advanced course".

http://www.texastornadobootcamp.com/...riding-course/

They have changed up the beginner program to a beginner to advanced program for a more affordable opportunity for more people to come out.

I spoke with Colin and Mike Myers about getting a group of 10 or so people together to come out and ride for one day, the cost will be $300 per person, they are more than happy and willing to give us a "private" event if we can get that group together, same thing as the camp applies as far as the gear and bikes, they supply everything and we can just show up and ride, (lunch of some sort as well as cold beverages provided) if you want instruction, they (Mike, Joe, etc.) will be there to give it, if not, just ride till you're unable to continue. Operating hours will be from 8 am to 5 pm. You will get in more riding that you can probably physically handle in that time frame.

if/when we can gather up enough interested people, i will get a date set up with Mike, (we can choose a date and let them know, as long as it isn't conflicting with there current schedule) or they have a schedule posted on the site.

http://www.texastornadobootcamp.com/...riding-course/

if anyone is interested, please post up here or pm me, i can answer SOME questions but probably not all though, what ever i can't answer myself, i will get an answer as soon as i can and relay that to you.

DISCLAIMER: I do not have any affiliation with the CEII TTBC, other than having had a great time every time i have been there to ride, i have attended 2- 2 day camps, 1- 2 day beginner camp with my son, and i will also be attending 2 of the 4 days next event this coming weekend.

Also, i receive no form of compensation for posting this thread. it's a ton of fun, i love learning the things that they teach and i enjoy riding motorcycles in a safe environment.

I have left there knowing many new things that i didn't know before, it's not a dirt bike camp, it's not a road racing camp, it's more of an "all around riding" camp.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Colin Edwards' TTBC presents, DIRT WARS 4 Grand National Finals! October 12th-13th TTBC General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 09-27-2013 01:05 PM
Colin Edwards' TTBC presents, DIRT WARS 4 Grand National Finals! October 12th-13th TTBC Events, Meets and Rides 1 09-27-2013 12:42 PM
Benefit Auction for Injured Racer - 2 Day Colin Edwards Texas Tornado Boot Camp Racer997 Events, Meets and Rides 22 01-01-2012 03:10 PM
Colin Edwards TTBC Fathers Day special CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 06-20-2011 09:52 AM
Dirt Track day at Colin Edwards CarbonJames Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 20 05-24-2011 02:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
switch
two fifty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

awesome!
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
cheto85

Bike(s):
2004 honda cbr 1000

Send a message via AIM to cheto85
sounds like it would be alot of fun.. what if i have no experince at all on a dirt bike though??
cheto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheto85 View Post
sounds like it would be alot of fun.. what if i have no experince at all on a dirt bike though??
i had none at all my first trip there, now i'm kinda like a regular attendee and getting quite good at riding in the dirt.

i'm only 4-5 seconds behind Colin and the rest of the instructors in the superpole laps, all with no experience in the dirt.

this track day will be perfect for you but i don't think that just one day will satisfy your taste and fun fulfillment; you'll probably want to do as many as the body can physically handle..

there is a group scheduled to attend on Aug 20th if you're interested in going with us.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #5
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
neither did I, i went there dirt virgin, it was very awesome, this is one of those things that you should do since it is so close to home. Where else would you be rubbing paint and elbows at the track (dirt) with Colin and 5-6 AMA champs unless you are a pro of course.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

So, just to confirm, what do the 300 bucks include? 1 day, from 8 - 5, to use the facilities, use their bikes and ride?

If we would like some sort of instruction, how much extra would it be?
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:58 AM   #7
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
So, just to confirm, what do the 300 bucks include? 1 day, from 8 - 5, to use the facilities, use their bikes and ride?

If we would like some sort of instruction, how much extra would it be?
Lunch, drinks (if you drink beer you can't ride but there is tons of it lol), bike, gas, gear, protection. As far as i know instruction is included at the same price just not by Colin, he may or may not be there riding and dicing it depending on the weekend but is not a for sure thing.

James can prolly answer this better.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:08 PM   #8
cheto85

Bike(s):
2004 honda cbr 1000

Send a message via AIM to cheto85
well then yea iam all for it.. seems like it be alot of fun. so is anyone going to be going to one any time sooner? i was looking and i think there was one in june.
cheto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #9
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

instruction is included in the $300 IF you want it, if not, you can just ride till you're too tired to go any more and then ride some more.

you just show up, everything is provided for you.

there is a group of riders that intend to do the Aug. 20th date.

i may send my son back for the June date depending on our current busy schedule.

you must contact Mike Myers at Mike@texastornadobootcamp.com in order to leave your deposit for the event ($100).

Advertisement