MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #21
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longdraw View Post
Well said sir!!
I've got to second that...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question. Killerjoe123 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 08-18-2011 04:46 PM
question fiddyrider Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 9 06-16-2009 12:48 PM
question Harveyjl2 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 17 10-25-2008 10:50 PM
Question? koskesh Off Topic 23 04-17-2006 09:01 PM
got a question need your help on GSXR question Racer X 05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 08-05-2005 01:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #22
BirdmanXX
BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2002 Honda CBR Super Blackbird

Arrow

We all know this type of guy, you know the guy that's kinda frustrated that he's getting old but he's hanging on to his coolness by letting disrespectful, smart comments out of his mouth on a CHAT/forum/site. That guy that always has a better answer than you in his eyes. That guy that feels intimidated that somebody got on his site and didn't talk to him and get to know him. He's that guy you see at the bar with a bunch of ppl that nobody wants to hang out with.

HE'S THAT GUY THAT GETS WHEN YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS BUT WOULD NEVER TELL YOU THAT TO YOUR FACE.

And No need to reply, I'm done smiley slap boxing with you.

Last edited by BirdmanXX; 05-23-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Wrong quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:52 PM   #23
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanXX View Post
We all know this type of guy, you know the guy that's kinda frustrated that he's getting old but he's hanging on to his coolness by letting disrespectful, smart comments out of his mouth on a CHAT/forum/site. That guy that always has a better answer than you in his eyes. That guy that feels intimidated that somebody got on his site and didn't talk to him and get to know him. He's that guy you see at the bar with a bunch of ppl that nobody wants to hang out with.

HE'S THAT GUY THAT GETS WHEN YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS BUT WOULD NEVER TELL YOU THAT TO YOUR FACE.

And No need to reply, I'm done smiley slap boxing with you.
Rofl, yea right... I'm so worried about loosing my 'coolness'. Oh whatever shall I do.. I know, I'll go hop on a M/C forum and bug people about forming a motorcycle club.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #24
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

No direct threats guys.
Keep civil or thread gets locked.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #25
beastlyzx12r

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2005 zx12r

I say put all the aside and just give the basic info on what your tying to do.
Name

And so on, there is no need for any of us to be on here ranting like children in high school. E-thug or Joe blow doesn't matter. With all the rip threads and riders down don't ya think we need to be bonding and making our Passion an enjoyable experience. Whether its in a club, forum or whatever the the case may be.

Last edited by beastlyzx12r; 05-23-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:16 PM   #26
zx-10r3
noob

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
05 kawi zx-10r raw titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlyzx12r View Post
Name

And so on, there is no need for any of us to be on here ranting like children in high school. E-thug or Joe blow doesn't matter. With all the rip threads and riders down don't ya think we need to be bonding and making our Passion an enjoyable experience. Whether its in a club, forum or whatever the the case may be.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #27
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Name

The 'club'

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=183368

Their 'ride'

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=184327
Old 05-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #28
Vegas Kid

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Anybody ever stop to think that most people on mh DON'T want to be in a club?

Just a place to read, talk a little , and find some buds to ride with.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:23 PM   #29
beastlyzx12r

Bike(s):
2005 zx12r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Yes sir I read that post. But my comment about that wasn't directed to you. Just stating the fact that people on here ( including myself ) need more info if they want someone to join. But everything else I said was directed to everyone. We need to quite the with all this nonsense on here. All this bs and bickering that I have seen in the past month is just pain out RIDICULOUS!!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:26 PM   #30
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Yes sir I read that post. But my comment about that wasn't directed to you. Just stating the fact that people on here ( including myself ) need more info if they want someone to join. But everything else I said was directed to everyone. We need to quite the with all this nonsense on here. All this bs and bickering that I have seen in the past month is just pain out RIDICULOUS!!
I was just trying to make things easier by providing the relevant links, nothing more or less.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #31
beastlyzx12r

Bike(s):
2005 zx12r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
I was just trying to make things easier by providing the relevant links, nothing more or less.
I thank you for doing so.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:35 AM   #32
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose9 View Post
seriously why do so many people on here give us people who are in clubs wether its an mc or an rc so much about it? and if yall think this is a club isnt that being a HUGE Hypocrite?
For most people, this site is/provides what a club would give... Need people to ride with? Set up a meet and greet.

Got a problem with your bike? Ask a question (you WILL get answers).

I've met a lot of people on MH. Do I know them all? No, but I'm getting close, all the friends that i have kept I know are going to help me if I'm in need and will ride and be responsible when I feel like riding. No need to wear a patch or pay them any money...Or watch what I say to someone in a higher rank then me...It's a plain leveled field. (if your club doesnt have a ranking system then my mistake for making that assumption).. There are many club members on here, but I have hardly seen them doing much "recruiting" ecxept for the new people (like yourself) coming on here.

If you want to take a suggestion from me, don't try to grab and take members from here into your club, instead, plug yourself into our forum. Come out and meet people, talk to them. Let them know what you do, from there you yourself will have a good idea of who would take interest in your club and who will not.

The SE has a Meet & Greet every Wednesday and I do one every 1st Wednesday of the month (that is for all Houston). As long as you come out are friendly and social, not try to be a badass (not saying you would) people will respond better to you and maybe want to hear you out more. Plus your post about you guys meeting up was very vauge and people like to jump on things like that on here. You will see that as you post more and hang on the site more. Which goes back to my first point, don't try to get us to join your club, instead joing our community, plug yourself in show interest in US and then we might show some interest in what you and your club.

What can your club provide to us, that this forum doesn't already?

I mean, in your other posts you keep refereing to us as just a "chat site" and talking it down like it's nothing...but indeed it is something, something very valuable, valuable enough that you saw potential for member recruiting. So join US first...and go from there.

My .02

P.S I'm not as good as this guy but i hope you get my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
hey moose.

id like to give you a fair and honest opinion of why many people are not into mc clubs. im going to do my best here to try and not be insulting in any way and just be contstructive. maybe this can shed some light on the mentalities at work here.

a lot of people just want to ride. the aspect of riding being a social thing seems unrelated to many of us. for those that do ride and enjoy social interaction with other riders, all that is needed is a "meet at this place and time, we ride this route and that pace" and thats it. there is no need for rules, regulations, vests, colors, or dues. they may not be interested in the negative things that can come from ranks or status within a group, and they may not be interested in the positive things that some mc clubs do like charities.

motohouston is not a club. its a forum. think of it as a online version of a giant cafeteria. anyone can come in as long you dont get too rowdy or annoying and you can just talk, share opionions, ask questions and give/receive answers. there are no ranks here no initiations. to be honest there is very little respect here either at least compared to what i hear about in mc clubs. some things are considered too disrespectful here, like racism...but there are few other limits. we make fun of each other all the time, call each other for saying stupid things. you should see some of the photos of our "leader" solracer that people have altered to tease. its all in fun here, but i would guess if you were in a mc club and you took a photo of the leader and put his head on the body of a dude wearing a bikini or something, there would be serious repercussions.

one thing i notice about mc clubs, is that they tend to have standards and structure. for some people this is a great thing, they can find joy in it, and it may improve their life to have this. for others it is not the case. some people just see that as bothersome and following rules can be seen as a loss of freedom.

i think the biggest reason most people dont take mc clubs seriously, is that the club is just something someone invented one day. someone elected themselves a leader, and said others were to follow and they did. it reminds us of being kids and some neighborhood kids starts a club in the treehouse. i know it may sound disrespectful but that aspect of clubs just seems silly. that right there is why yall get so much about it. mc clubs tend to take themselves too seriously, and also the "lifestyle" that goes along with it.

another reason is that many people are happy just riding alone, or with a couple of buddies and not making a big deal out of it. "if it aint broke, dont fix it". so if you have fun riding that way, why do it another way?
Well said...

I only disagree with the highlighted...Tell that to the OG's or the ones with high post counts

HALFFAST GROUP

Last edited by NewRider; 05-24-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #33
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post

I only disagree with the highlighted...Tell that to the OG's or the ones with high post counts
Silence!

Your post count is too low to speak.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:44 AM   #34
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Silence!

12870398602988366deleted

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 05-24-2011, 12:47 AM   #35
thewingo

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2011 H-D Iron...1200!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
Silence!

BAHAHAHA
Old 05-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #36
trumindgame
Rowdy Riders @ UTSA

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Sv 1000s 2k7
WTB 08 Blk/Orange Busa

if it means anything, I dont promote negativity towards clubs!

Advertisement