MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #101
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

I just love how all the people that have riding exp. are on one side and the noobs with a year or less exp. say "let him ride what he wants!" I have to LOL. noobs
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stepping up to the bike boys bike(1/4 liter) albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-06-2013 08:13 PM
Liter bike for commuting Bigchuckie General Discussion (Moto Related) 100 03-16-2012 03:11 PM
Which Liter Bike ???? Gomomichael General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 02-17-2012 05:06 PM
Friend wanting a liter bike for first street bike *long convo inside* AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 108 08-08-2006 12:08 PM
BEGINNER LITER BIKE FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 12-14-2005 02:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #102
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
I just love how all the people that have riding exp. are on one side and the noobs with a year or less exp. say "let him ride what he wants!" I have to LOL. noobs
the majority of them being guys that run at the strip, which is great if thats what the new guy plans on doing with his new gixxter 3000 but not likely.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #103
FJRmgm

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Originally Posted by mkgsxr
Don't worry about me keeping up . Just meet me and make Me sit down like u said. Or maybe I'll just see u somewhere and make u sit down

shut the up dickless

Sigh - another MH thread that has turned into "you don't believe my is bigger that yours!!!! - Well just let me show you!!!"
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:31 AM   #104
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaselightnin View Post
This thread turned into bs..does everyone here look too much into things people say?..let me rephrase everything and give a bs statement to satisfy all the people that like to take what people say and start talkin ..yes you should tell him he could be making a mistake by buying a litre bike based on his exp. He should start out on a less powerful bike, take msf,get his M endorsement, do about 5 trackdays atleast and wear full leathers,boots, helmet, body armour, and u might wana wrap everything u can in bubble wrap and tell him he's not being responsible by getting what HE wants with HIS money... Come on..his friend is at least 18 I'm assuming and by law he's a grown man..if u don't agree with someone riding something U think is too much for them then don't ride anywhere close to them..matter of fact just move somewhere else or just keep getting him drunk and making him pass out to avoid him being on the roads. Thank u for reading and have a nice day. Peace out
Translation: wwaaaaa people disagree with me waaaaaaa I'm throwing a temper tantrum because people on the interwebs didn't take my word as gospel waaaaa.

Everything you've posted make me believe that you're on of those people that were told by some friend not to buy a litre bike, but you told him to off and bought what you wanted "because you're a grown man and can do what you want." You have managed to avoid wadding it up this far, and are here hoping you can convince everyone that you made the right choice. Man up. It was a bad choice, but you made it anyway. Deal with it, but don't be so stupid that you feel the need to pass on advice simply to protect your ego and justify your decisions.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:32 AM   #105
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Grease, you posted about going down on the street the asking what happened... then about a failed wheelie. Do you really think you gained that much knowledge and experience in 1.5 years to be going off on people with more time than yourself?
Old 05-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #106
tbssowner

Still going ?
tbssowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #107
la Migra
Banned

Bike(s):
Brutale 1090R

User is banned

la Migra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #108
BirdmanXX
BMF

Bike(s):
2002 Honda CBR Super Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by la Migra View Post
Buy lots of life insurance, and RIP.
That's what I did! I'm just glad I bought mine in my late 20's bc I have a little bit better judgement. If hadn't, I'm sure I would be one of those pretty crosses on the side of the highway.
BirdmanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #109
mkgsxr
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

mkgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #110
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgsxr View Post
Ulric your just some smart old trying to put people down and say you know everything. Just worry about yourself and not others. In my opinion your just hatin on someone cause you ride a 6 year old bike. They guy that has the 1000 isn't even asking your opinion!!!! You can ride any bike size don't mean all he needs is self control.
and you're just some smart young trying to put people down and say you know everything.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 05-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #111
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
Ulric your just some smart old trying to put people down and say you know everything. Just worry about yourself and not others. In my opinion your just hatin on someone cause you ride a 6 year old bike. They guy that has the 1000 isn't even asking your opinion!!!! You can ride any bike size don't mean all he needs is self control.
Aaahhhhhhhhh hahahhahahhhhahahaaahahahahaahgvyhiktl3en.jik.

No, seriously, please keep going. You soundlike you really know what's going on. We could all benefit from your advice.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #112
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:

The question isn't if he could, it's if he should.

Self Control does little to make up ground on experience.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #113
mkgsxr
Banned

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 05-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #114
mkgsxr
Banned

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 05-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #115
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
You got it partialy right.... I'm a smart old with experience you can only hope to survive long enough to get. If you'd shut your yap and pop your head out of your you might learn something.
It takes more than simple 'self control' because, simply put, there's much less margin for error. If you've got no experience then you have nothing to compare to.

Quote:
Nah never said I know more than anyone read the post dumbass!!! All I said was the guy bought a 1000 no big deal he old enough to do what he wants. Never once did I say I knew more than u or anyone else.
Sure you have, it's in your actions... you keep posting without reading/understanding what's being said and flapping your lips when you have no clue wtf your spouting off.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #116
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Nah never said I know more than anyone read the post dumbass!!! All
I've read every single one of your posts. In the handful where you're not trying to bludgeon people with your massive e- you're doing the EXACT SAME THING that you're talking on people for doing.....you're just taking the opposing stance.

CMRA #302
Old 05-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #117
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
What you mean it's not if he should???? He already bought the bike. So what he gonna go back and say can ya take this bike back these guys on a forum so I shouldn't ride it
Maybe. Sell it for something else also.

You said size doesn't matter in an earlier post, so I'm asking if you believe cracking a throttle WOT on lets say your 600rr is the same as cracking it on a 1000rr???? In a emergency maneuver situation it WILL make a difference.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #118
CCH
Innocent Bystander

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati 996
1991 Suzuki RGV250m two-smoke bicycle on crack
1999 R6 sold to a dip$h!t
1995 Ducati 900SP gone, more or less
1999 Ducati 996 died a glorious death in North GA, Feb 2006

Member Garage

Heh heh. E-...it's all about the free flow of "erectrons". Sorry...geeky electrical humor. Carry on.
CCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #119
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCH View Post
Heh heh. E-...it's all about the free flow of "erectrons". Sorry...geeky electrical humor. Carry on.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:08 AM   #120
SpeedCheeser
and whiskey

Bike(s):
thieves

Quote:
What you mean it's not if he should???? He already bought the bike. So what he gonna go back and say can ya take this bike back these guys on a forum so I shouldn't ride it
Wow, are you dumb...

So let's say the friend bough some chemicals he knew nothing about but plans on drinkin them anyway, and we know that they're poisonous and could very well kill him. Are you still gonna call us punk haters for warning him that he shouldn't drink it? "Lulz, it's his money , let him drink what he wants. What's he gonna do, take it back?"

Walking a tight rope only takes self control, but without experience you're very likely to fall off of it. You wouldn't suggest somone go straight in to walking a tight rope 50 feet off the ground, would you?

Seriously, think before speaking. And maybe take the time to understand what other people are saying before going off on a rant.
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement