MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #81
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,699

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by yeraboof View Post
That's just the arraignment, not an actual trial date. You just have to make a plea by that date to the court or show up and make your plea there.



^ this
I realize that, but if we keep that date, verses calling and getting a different date,then we could potentialy ALL be in court at the same time

I'm no stranger to the court...... unfortunately
VicTOEmizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3/28 Sunday BBQ Ride - JOE's BBQ in Alvin majohn Events, Meets and Rides 1 03-16-2010 01:48 PM
New group dedicated to twisty road group rides for beginner to intermediate riders djtrancendance Events, Meets and Rides 56 10-21-2009 03:52 PM
MH BBQ Group Ride North to South tiatool Events, Meets and Rides 164 06-08-2008 08:03 PM
MH BBQ GROUP RIDE FOR DEEP SOUTH??? mightymouse1 Events, Meets and Rides 32 06-07-2008 09:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #82
yeraboof
( . v . )
 
yeraboof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 713

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'06 GSX-R 600









Ah okay, gotcha. I've also been to traffic court a few too many times... didn't know about arraignment the first time around
__________________
yeraboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #83
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,108

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51rider View Post
I realize that, but if we keep that date, verses calling and getting a different date,then we could potentialy ALL be in court at the same time

I'm no stranger to the court...... unfortunately
You may only need to cite the case if someone gets it dropped
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #84
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,699

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
You may only need to cite the case if someone gets it dropped
After you.....
VicTOEmizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #85
morvegil
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston&Minneapolis
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,397


Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter






User is banned

.
morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #86
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,328


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
He was yelling like a too. The cop writing me up was the ranking officer. He helped the other cop write tickets just to get it moving. He said he didnt want to, but he didnt want us to be there for 2 hours +. He was logged in as the other cop on the ticket computer. They could have towed a few or worse.
From what i have been told, if he was logged in as a different officer or if the officer name on the ticket in the computer is not the officer that wrote you the ticket you can fight it. im not too sure on how reliable that info is cuz my friend told me about that, and hes kinda dumb lol but either way how can he prove that ALL 20+ of you brokethe law.
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #87
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,328


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
He was yelling like a too. The cop writing me up was the ranking officer. He helped the other cop write tickets just to get it moving. He said he didnt want to, but he didnt want us to be there for 2 hours +. He was logged in as the other cop on the ticket computer. They could have towed a few or worse.
From what i have been told, if he was logged in as a different officer or if the officer name on the ticket in the computer is not the officer that wrote you the ticket you can fight it. im not too sure on how reliable that info is cuz my friend told me about that, and hes kinda dumb lol but either way how can he prove that ALL 20+ of you brokethe law.
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #88
Stromtrooper
Trust me I know what I'm
 
Stromtrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 973

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'08 Wee-Strom DL650
Trek OCLV 5200



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by upononer6 View Post
how can he prove that ALL 20+ of you brokethe law.
by stating so in court as a witness?
Stromtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #89
chevy42083
Senior Member
 
chevy42083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,932

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered








...and a supervisor is not just "another officer".

But I know nothing.
__________________
-Duane
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:13 PM   #90
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,108

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromtrooper View Post
by stating so in court as a witness?
What idiot would believe him as a witness? He couldn't swear that any of us did anything more than be on the side of the road today. That is all he knows for sure. He even admitted that he knew some did not commit the offense. He said court can sort it out. He was way too far back to know what the front was doing. He was too busy trying to get to the front to know what the back was doing.

Now about the front guy's vid. It can only prove exactly what he was doing. That helps no one but him and thats a still a maybe.

I asked the officer that wrote me if his name was going on the ticket. I asked and was told by him that he arrived on scene after we were all pulled over. Im not sure if that tuff flies these days or not. I have heard of it being challenged and beaten. That will likely vary by location. He said he was logged in as the first officer on the ticket computer. He showed me the log in screen when I asked.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #91
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,108

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
...and a supervisor is not just "another officer".

But I know nothing.
This can be true too. I noticed he had a gold shield and gold buttons. He also had ^^
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:06 AM   #92
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER
 
jetcycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: ShoreAcres
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 12,024

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I heard one rider had a suspended license, others no license or insurance
I believe your bike can be impounded for failure to maintain financial responsibility (no insurance). . .sounds like a few people got off easy with just an unsafe passing ticket.
__________________
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:22 AM   #93
081000rrKing
Senior Member
 
081000rrKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cleveland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 433

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Ducati 1198
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
2009 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
2008 CRF250R






Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
I believe your bike can be impounded for failure to maintain financial responsibility (no insurance). . .sounds like a few people got off easy with just an unsafe passing ticket.
They still had to have someone come get the bikes but yeah it could've been worse
081000rrKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #94
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,916

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
What idiot would believe him as a witness? He couldn't swear that any of us did anything more than be on the side of the road today. That is all he knows for sure. He even admitted that he knew some did not commit the offense. He said court can sort it out. He was way too far back to know what the front was doing. He was too busy trying to get to the front to know what the back was doing.

Now about the front guy's vid. It can only prove exactly what he was doing. That helps no one but him and thats a still a maybe.

I asked the officer that wrote me if his name was going on the ticket. I asked and was told by him that he arrived on scene after we were all pulled over. Im not sure if that tuff flies these days or not. I have heard of it being challenged and beaten. That will likely vary by location. He said he was logged in as the first officer on the ticket computer. He showed me the log in screen when I asked.
so if that is the only one that shows up, that'd be easy to beat. just ask him if he saw you do it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:36 AM   #95
ibhusain
on two wheels
 
ibhusain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Med Center
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 139

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha FZ6
2003 Kawasaki ZR7S (sold)





So are we going to get a lawyer for the group? If anyone knows someone, I'll definitely pay for that. This case should be so easy to overturn...
ibhusain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #96
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,885

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


sounds like a job for WACKJUM
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #97
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,108

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








I have PM'd him. Im waiting to hear back
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #98
wackjum
Attorney at law
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,768

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
No bikes right now. :(









Hello,

I've been going through this thread since Bluewave notified me about it. I'll need some things clarified before I respond on how I suggest this be handled. My first question is, was there some vehicle or obstruction in the lane that caused the entire line of motorcycles to maneuver around it?
__________________
Visit my subforum.
wackjum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #99
RJV-Brazoria
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: brazoria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2

Experience: 10+ years











explain how one cop [maybe 2 cops] pulls over 21 bikes?????
RJV-Brazoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #100
Horn09
Senior Member
 
Horn09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 691

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom






Quote:
Originally Posted by RJV-Brazoria View Post
explain how one cop [maybe 2 cops] pulls over 21 bikes?????
passing them all then blocking the road from the front. I wouldn't think it would need a detailed drawing to understand.
Horn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy