Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
ForgottnSoul
MotoMilitia Choosen 9

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2008 Special Edition ZX-14

Member Garage

Weird Oil Color...........

Ok so im doing a COMPLETE tear down and rebuild of my mini, 2004 ttr90. Well I had the motor outside to clean off some of the gunk and build up. I left the motor outside kinda tipped up at a angle and went inside for a bit. When I returned some of the oil had leaked out of the vent tube. No biggie right? Well the oil its self was a really light milky TAN looking color. Ive sadly have never seen this and im concerned. Any ideas what would cause this? The only thing I can really add is that the last time the oil was changed we used Royal Purple oil.
ForgottnSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oil questions - Time for an oil change bioGuru General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 04-09-2014 08:32 PM
Where to procure oil/oil filter? Smart Shark General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 02-13-2012 01:13 PM
Synthetic oil vs Conventional oil vince7 General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-08-2011 09:56 PM
Name Something Weird About Yourself ormand Off Topic 170 12-19-2008 08:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
ForgottnSoul
MotoMilitia Choosen 9

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Is it water? I did happen to go through a large amount of water a while back and got some water sucked into the carb. Could this have caused it?
Old 05-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
ForgottnSoul
MotoMilitia Choosen 9

Bike(s):

Member Garage

If so how much trouble am I in?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
mx6er

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottnSoul View Post
Ok so im doing a COMPLETE tear down and rebuild of my mini, 2004 ttr90. Well I had the motor outside to clean off some of the gunk and build up. I left the motor outside kinda tipped up at a angle and went inside for a bit. When I returned some of the oil had leaked out of the vent tube. No biggie right? Well the oil its self was a really light milky TAN looking color. Ive sadly have never seen this and im concerned. Any ideas what would cause this? The only thing I can really add is that the last time the oil was changed we used Royal Purple oil.
usually that means water in oil. but i do not know if your liquid cooled or not (prob not but idk)

Quote:
Is it water? I did happen to go through a large amount of water a while back and got some water sucked into the carb. Could this have caused it?
probably not, it would hydrolock before it gets blowby into the case.
Quote:
If so how much trouble am I in?
does it matter? your doing a complete rebuild right?

Last edited by mx6er; 05-22-2011 at 03:20 PM.
mx6er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #5
Tim Vipond
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 BMW K1200LT
1973 JC Penney 3 speed

User is banned

Last edited by Tim Vipond; 05-22-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Tim Vipond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Just make sure you get all of the old oil out of the motor before refilling and check your fill plug to make sure the O-ring is intact (if there is an O-ring). Also, check your spark plugs. If they look sand-blasted, chances are the water came in through your carbs. If not, really check the lower end.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Tim...

its obvious you work for amsoil or have shares or something. its pointless to quote tests done by one company about how their competition sucks. this is just mudslining and ruins the credibility of you and your product.

it seems like you trying to basicly use and spam this site to increase sales of amsoil, without being obvious about it. WELL ITS OBVIOUS. and its also annoying.

i happen to work at a parts counter where we just starting carrying amsoil again. i just want you to know that you are trying too hard and it has now backfired. i see your methods and being shady and in poor taste. i wont be suggesting amsoil to any customers because of you.

there are plenty of people on MH that work in the industry, you dont see us taking every opportunity to pitch whatever manufacturer or brand we happen to carry to line our own pockets. if youd like to be part of the COMMUNITY, that would be awesome. try to relax and make your self at home and worry more about bikes and riding and less about amsoil. leave doing your job to work hours.

if you dont want to do that, and would rather just pitch your product, i would appreciated if you would kindly off. thanks.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #8
Versatile337
They call me V or Franco

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
Tim...

its obvious you work for amsoil or have shares or something. its pointless to quote tests done by one company about how their competition sucks. this is just mudslining and ruins the credibility of you and your product.

it seems like you trying to basicly use and spam this site to increase sales of amsoil, without being obvious about it. WELL ITS OBVIOUS. and its also annoying.

i happen to work at a parts counter where we just starting carrying amsoil again. i just want you to know that you are trying too hard and it has now backfired. i see your methods and being shady and in poor taste. i wont be suggesting amsoil to any customers because of you.

there are plenty of people on MH that work in the industry, you dont see us taking every opportunity to pitch whatever manufacturer or brand we happen to carry to line our own pockets. if youd like to be part of the COMMUNITY, that would be awesome. try to relax and make your self at home and worry more about bikes and riding and less about amsoil. leave doing your job to work hours.

if you dont want to do that, and would rather just pitch your product, i would appreciated if you would kindly off. thanks.
Versatile337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Tim...

Old 05-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Tim...

I find this kinda childish. It's good oil. You gonna suggest against it's use due to a salesman?

Sounds like condensation. Hard to see that much getting on though. You will probably be fine
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #11
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Old 05-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #12
ForgottnSoul
MotoMilitia Choosen 9

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Well all this oil drama aside.....................

I mean it was running fine before the tear down. Just never seen this before so thought id ask.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #13
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

It's water for sure. How long since the last oil change?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #14
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I find this kinda childish. It's good oil. You gonna suggest against it's use due to a salesman?
there is lots of other good oil out there too. its not just one salesmen either, i think its like a corporate mentality. if you look at their promotional material, a lot of it is not just "We have good oil" but "that other oil is trash because we tested this". idk what it is about amsoil people, its like a cult or something. they start talking about oil like gixxerbill talked about jesus.

i said wont suggest it, i didnt say i would suggest against its use. if someone asks for it, ill sell it to them. if they ask me what i think, ill suggest something else, and wont mention or point to amsoil. like i said, there is plenty of other brands on the shelf....
Old 05-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #15
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I like "the often bashed by him" Royal Purple. I do think Amsoil is bad oil though.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #16
ForgottnSoul
MotoMilitia Choosen 9

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Not that long ago but prob longer then norm. Probably 3-4 tanks of fuel went through....
Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #17
Tim Vipond
Banned

Bike(s):
2006 BMW K1200LT
1973 JC Penney 3 speed

User is banned

Last edited by Tim Vipond; 05-22-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Tim Vipond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:03 PM   #18
upononer6

Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50

Yamalube or GTFO
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #19
Chris24
Thread Savior

Bike(s):

tim...

get real dude. all someone has to do is google "tim vipond amsoil" and its clear you are peddling your product on every forum from titan talk to lawn care forums.

its obvious you just bounce from one forum to another looking for an opportunity to sell amsoil.

i might also add they seem to be sick of you over there too.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #20
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

He seems to believe in his product like the door to door missionaries do. There is no doubt he feels strongly about the quality of the product. It does get annoying though.

Advertisement