MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #21
Soclose
Green and Mean

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'05 Suzuki GS500F(sold)
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 650r (sold)
'06 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary

that's why i wear steal toes, i've chase down a few cagers and dented them with the steal toe
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a new Whip?? jimzx6r General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 02-20-2013 11:52 AM
New Whip C.Hern5972 Off Topic 33 06-14-2010 05:49 PM
new whip RACER X Off Topic 46 12-29-2009 05:21 PM
got a new whip RACER X Off Topic 114 04-24-2006 11:47 AM
this is a must see for any cager.. rickykline General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 02-02-2006 07:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #22
superduke
Dont be That Guy.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
00 XR400R
Black 08 Speed Triple (sold)
05 R1 (sold)
05 R6 (sold
85 VF1000R (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to superduke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
. at least it sunk in what he had done and hopefully he became a more cautious driver from that experience.
Yeh we still had a talk, but I wasnt a huge . But thats how close it was. I ate the brakes and realized I wasnt going to stop so I swerved left and went around him in the turning lane he came out of. If someone would have been behind him they would have f'd me in the a.
superduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #23
creampie
gang member

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Suzuki Hayabusa

i was riding down kuykendahl and a car honked at me while riding on my close. i flipped him off and he returned the bird. when turning right onto 1960 heading towards 249 he swerved at me. i taunted him for a few miles before he turned off on a side road. like an idiot i went after him and he pulled over. started yelling he was sorry and i started yelling back telling him it's people like him that kill bikers with their careless attitude. he hung his head low and said sorry again, drove off. i had recently lost a friend to an idiot driver, wasnt in the right mind frame. talk about dumb for me to do all that
creampie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #24
sunnygsxr
sunnygsxr

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
04 gsx r 750
02 gsxr 750 (sold)

you cant do anything about the cagers...i mean i can tell you i'm gonna pull my pistol out n flash it ... best thing keep your self alert and aware of the surroundings.
sunnygsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #25
creampie
gang member

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Suzuki Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygsxr View Post
you cant do anything about the cagers...i mean i can tell you i'm gonna pull my pistol out n flash it ... best thing keep your self alert and aware of the surroundings.
well said. my father gave up riding in his early thirties because he said the bad drivers out there were not worth the risk. just too dangerous.
creampie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #26
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

I never told anyone about this but earlier this year, I chased down a black C63AMG on I-45s/downtown. I was going down Jefferson in downtown heading towards I45southbound doing 30mph so I could catch all the green lights when suddenly a black C63 on a cross-street ran a red light and turned left onto Jefferson right infront of me, nearly causing me to crash. So we continue to go down Jefferson til we get to the overpass/Peirce Elevated and hauled , and he hauled too but he was infront of me. When we got to I45south, I was sooo angry/fuming...I rolled into his lane right next to his car looking directly at him through his rolled up glass and the fool was just looking straight like I wasn't there. He then sped up and I eventually caught him again and did the same thing. I debated doing something to his mirror (never have done that to anyone before) but decided that it was a bad idea. I just continued on my way once we got to 610/45 on I-45southbound and he hauled inbetween cars to probably get away from me.

Hopefully that taught him a lesson but that thoroughly me off.

Another time, I was on Texas again in downtown making a right onto Fannin with a green light, but there were pedestrians crossing Fannin so I waited for them to cross. This black 4runner behind me honks and cuts me off on the next left lane as I am still at a complete stop and there are pedestrians crossing Fannin and now running out of his way. I pull up next to him at the next red light on Fannin and pull my face visor up and start cursing/yelling "what the is wrong with you?!" and he never looks at me. The light turns green and he speeds off.

And lastly, while going to TWS (Texas World Speedway) for the last CMRA races of 2010, on 290 just outside of Beltway 8, a black Expedition cuts over to the middle lane from the right lane with no turn signal and I am on the left lane well behind. I remain on the left lane but as I am about to pass them, I move closer to there Expedition so they can see me, since they didnt use turn signals before. I pass them, no issue. Suddenly, the Expedition is in my lane on the left side of the lane right next to me. Figuring they were either drunk or had road rage, I sped off @ 1xxmph for a few miles to get away, but I debated waiting on the shoulder to do something stupid.

Thank goodness I am an older, more 'mature' rider because some of the dumb I see would have driven me bonkers and to make poor decisions when I was in my 20s.

People in cars are very scared or too to deal with someone on a bike from my experience.

Advertisement