MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #21
Regulator Red

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 CBR1000RR
2008 vtx 1800

Our club has cruisers and sportbikes alike. We ride every sunday with all bikes welcome. You can pm me if you wanna come out on Sunday and ride.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking for more cruisers to ride with Moose9 Cruisers Lounge 27 08-24-2012 03:34 PM
Cruisers ride to the BBQ tomorrow? Big_E Cruisers Lounge 0 05-21-2011 06:13 PM
SE Side - Meet & Greet...c'mon cruisers!! KSims1868 Cruisers Lounge 2 03-23-2011 03:13 PM
Any cruisers want to ride? DvlRacer Events, Meets and Rides 2 06-03-2007 11:31 PM
Anybody ever ride out to Cruisers? blkbeaz28 Cruisers Lounge 11 09-11-2005 09:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #22
Jon C.

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
V-Star 1300 Raven

I'm down, I'm in Fulshear (on border . . . 1093 and 1463)

Cruiser for life!
Jon C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #23
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

If everyone is up for this I say we meet at either Brickhouse(290) or somewhere on 1960. I'll put one up in meet and greet section for Wed. night @ 8pm
Old 06-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #24
Big_E
2011 Suzuki M109r

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2011 Suzuki M109r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
If everyone is up for this I say we meet at either Brickhouse(290) or somewhere on 1960. I'll put one up in meet and greet section for Wed. night @ 8pm
Ok it's there in Meet and Greet section...
Old 07-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #25
rogerthehat

Bike(s):
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre

New rider here with a cruiser... I'm in Katy... I'm down for something next month probably when i get everything ironed out (ins, reg, license, inspection lol)
rogerthehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #26
qlj72

Bike(s):
'08 Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe 105 Anniversary Edition
'09 Yamaha V-Star Classic

hit me up for a "cruiser ride". any info on where on the northwest (Spring/Woodlands/ 1960 area) do riders meet and hang out and what nights? please don't say the concert pub...i followed a post on here saying there would be lots of riders there last week for free crawfish and socializing...i rode thru around 10:30 and saw 2 trucks only!
qlj72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #27
DAT GUY

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
95 Sportster 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlj72 View Post
hit me up for a "cruiser ride". any info on where on the northwest (Spring/Woodlands/ 1960 area) do riders meet and hang out and what nights? please don't say the concert pub...i followed a post on here saying there would be lots of riders there last week for free crawfish and socializing...i rode thru around 10:30 and saw 2 trucks only!
i dont know what the deal is with the concert pub. thought more folks would be there. guessing it's too hot. then again i heard outlaw dave is having a big bike night there which at that point there will be bikes because of his following.

For me it's just a tad bit warm to ride for fun. when it cools off i say we have a big cruiser ride up to yankees uup north or even too the hill country
DAT GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:36 PM   #28
Jon C.

Bike(s):
V-Star 1300 Raven

Got me a V-Star 1300, I'm down to cruise with the laid back brethren. I ride out from Fulshear (Katy basically)
Old 07-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #29
qlj72

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
i dont know what the deal is with the concert pub. thought more folks would be there. guessing it's too hot. then again i heard outlaw dave is having a big bike night there which at that point there will be bikes because of his following.

For me it's just a tad bit warm to ride for fun. when it cools off i say we have a big cruiser ride up to yankees uup north or even too the hill country
sounds good, keep me posted and i'll cruise with ya!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #30
qlj72

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
let me know when you guys are meeting/riding please
Old 07-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #31
TXSailor

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'12 Ducati Diavel
'06 HD Softail Deluxe
'03 Suzuki DRZ
''09 Ducactl Monster 696 (sold)'08 Yamaha FZ-1 (Sold)
'81 Kawasaki KZ-1000 ST (sold),'69 Suzuki X6 Hustler (sold)

I'm a cruiser as well (Sugar Land) and would be interested in some rides. I'm running out of places to go around here "locally".

Thanks, D
TXSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #32
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

If any of you would like to attend, I am hosting a ride this Saturday. It is a noob-friendly ride aimed at new sport bike riders, and all riders new to group riding. It will be taken at pace cruisers can easily manage. The ride is posted in the M&G section.

Please read the requirements for the ride carefully. I know that gear can be a pain sometimes, but it is a MUST for this ride, and half-shell helmets are acceptable.
pinball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #33
creampie
gang member

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Suzuki Hayabusa

anyways, lets try to do something guys! this weekend i'll be busy but i'm all open for that following sunday. It's a very enjoyable ride going up 149, stop at yankees get some lunch and head on back

i dont want to hear this bullshit about gear requirements either, sport bikes or cruisers on the ride i couldnt care less. if you want to wear a helmet good (seriously smart move) if not whatever it's your right, dont like it off lol. i think that needs to be in the body of the ride thread we do haha
creampie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #34
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creampie View Post
anyways, lets try to do something guys! this weekend i'll be busy but i'm all open for that following sunday. It's a very enjoyable ride going up 149, stop at yankees get some lunch and head on back

i dont want to hear this bullshit about gear requirements either, sport bikes or cruisers on the ride i couldnt care less. if you want to wear a helmet good (seriously smart move) if not whatever it's your right, dont like it off lol. i think that needs to be in the body of the ride thread we do haha

New riders make mistakes, especially in curves, so there is a greater chance of something going wrong on this ride than on one attended by nothing but experienced riders. You are absolutely right that people can make their own choices about gear, and the gear requirement has nothing to do with me being concerned with your own personal safety. If a new rider goes down and takes out someone behind them who isn't wearing gear, I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road holding a shirt to a cracked skull waiting for the ambulance to show up just because someone didn't want to wear a helmet. Riding home covered in someone's blood and body fluid is not my idea of a good time. I deal with that enough at work, and I'd rather avoid it on my days off.

Of the rides this year that have been aimed at new riders, I would have to say at least half of them have had an incident of a new rider going down. On a ride this past weekend, an inexperienced rider's mistake (in a curve) set off a chain reaction that sent a good friend of mine (he's an experienced rider, by the way) into the ditch. He managed to keep it upright and ride it out. In a separate incident on the same ride (also in a curve), a new rider DID end up going down. I bring this up because you never know when you'll end up paying for a new rider's mistake.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #35
creampie
gang member

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Suzuki Hayabusa

this isnt a thread to lecture about new riders and gear, this is a thread asking about where the cruisers are at. i understand your attitude especially towards your ride. pretty sure the majority here will be more interested in a cruisers only type. even then whos to say one doesnt go down

all i know is for new riders i would suggest they go with someone they know or with two other riders tops instead of with a pack. safer that way just like they say in the msf course

being on the site for a while it's nice to see this section get a little more attention.

Last edited by creampie; 07-26-2011 at 02:46 PM.
creampie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #36
Cool New Name

Bike(s):
'07 Honda VFR
'06 Suzuki c50c (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
If any of you would like to attend, I am hosting a ride this Saturday. It is a noob-friendly ride aimed at new sport bike riders, and all riders new to group riding. It will be taken at pace cruisers can easily manage. The ride is posted in the M&G section.

Please read the requirements for the ride carefully. I know that gear can be a pain sometimes, but it is a MUST for this ride, and half-shell helmets are acceptable.
Thanks for trying to include some of the cruisers Pinball. I know some cruiser riders stay away from the SS rides 'cause of the speed and consequently there hasn't been much activity in this part of the forum.
Cool New Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #37
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creampie View Post
this isnt a thread to lecture about new riders and gear, this is a thread asking about where the cruisers are at. i understand your attitude especially towards your ride.
I'm glad we're on the same page. Initially, I was going to PM that to you, but I realized others might not understand. I did not intend for my post to sound like a lecture, and I apologize if it did. It was merely clarification.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #38
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool New Name View Post
Thanks for trying to include some of the cruisers Pinball. I know some cruiser riders stay away from the SS rides 'cause of the speed and consequently there hasn't been much activity in this part of the forum.
Not a problem, and I completely understand the hesitation. I started hosing noob rides awhile back because a lot of new SS bike riders are afraid of that very thing, as well. I figured hosting noob rides on a cruiser would help alleviate the fear of having to keep up, and it has turned out well. I've mentioned the ride a few times in this section, but it has never generated a lot of interest. CombatM0NKEY has been the only cruiser besides myself in attendance, but I would like for that to change.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #39
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

It's not a curvy ride, but it's a meet and then we ride at a friendly to anybike pace to pp1 or other people can go to another meet. Why not a 2 wheels with motor meet?

For far too long we have been divided brothers and sister! It's time we all come together as one! And FIGHT FOR FREEDOM!

That probably sounded more inspirational in my head

Either way, come here and just have some wings and good conversation, and your talking game:

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=192920

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #40
Jon C.

Bike(s):
V-Star 1300 Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
It's not a curvy ride, but it's a meet and then we ride at a friendly to anybike pace to pp1 or other people can go to another meet. Why not a 2 wheels with motor meet?

For far too long we have been divided brothers and sister! It's time we all come together as one! And FIGHT FOR FREEDOM!

That probably sounded more inspirational in my head

Either way, come here and just have some wings and good conversation, and your talking game:

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=192920

Perhaps it is time to come out with the cruiser and see if any others show up to B Dubs

Advertisement