MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)
1985 Honda CR 125R (sold)

Hd Hero mounting and editing software???

Where and how do you mount your video cam? Show me some pics of it, please? I have recently purchased a HD Hero helmet camera and Pinnacle Studio 15 editing software. I love them both. I just wish the camera had a little narrower field of vision. When I get out on a group ride I'd definitely like to have it along for the ride. Pinnacle is way easier with many more features than the older version of Nero that I was using to edit my SD video.
The BeastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
video editing software upononer6 Off Topic 21 06-29-2013 04:29 AM
video editing software? S_M_J82 How To's and Q & A's 5 07-11-2011 08:20 AM
Video editing software, what to use hotcknstrips Off Topic 9 03-21-2011 11:48 AM
video editing software? S_M_J82 Off Topic 8 11-29-2008 12:15 AM
video editing software? sixshooter1125 Off Topic 25 03-30-2008 01:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
scheinertr9
Get a - job Al

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'09 Interceptor

I use a helmet mount. I also have a mount right underneath my headlights. I'm wanting to try the suction cup on the rear and possibly another mount on the side of the bike.

I personally like the helmet mount over the one on the front of the bike because it doesn't pick up the road vibration and it captures what I'm looking at rather than being fixed in one place.

And Nero is complete . Haven't worked in Pinnacle before so I can't speak for it, but I prefer iMovie for the quick 'n easy or After Effects if I need more advanced editing. You can search my other posts and find my videos from my helmet mount.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
FKNA

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
Where and how do you mount your video cam? Show me some pics of it, please? I have recently purchased a HD Hero helmet camera and Pinnacle Studio 15 editing software. I love them both. I just wish the camera had a little narrower field of vision. When I get out on a group ride I'd definitely like to have it along for the ride. Pinnacle is way easier with many more features than the older version of Nero that I was using to edit my SD video.
There are settings on the HD that will give you a narrower field of view. I used to use the suction mount and put it up on my windshield. These days I prefer having it mounted to my left frame slider.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Helmet Mount...but be advised, at speed, it sucks having it mounted to your helmet. It pushes your helmet/head back until you get used to it. I used the Suction Cup for the helmet mount:

Rear Tail Mount - used a curved/sticky peice to attach it. Great for seeing the bike and body move and neighboring bikes. I used R4 for this video and found it to be perfect.

Front Fairing Mount - used a flat/sticky peice to attach it with camera facing rearward. Like the tail point, its a great location but I find that the wide-angle options on the GoPro skew it unfavorably in the video.

Tank Mount (Suction Cup) is something I have yet to try but I am not a fan of tank mounts. For starters, they get in the way and are distracting but they also have a weird view behind the windscreen. The only plus is that it's centered and you can see the speed.

Something I will try for my next videos are more lower, frame-mounting-poiints so I can see suspension/tire articulations.

If you are just starting though, try a suction cup mount on your headlight

For software, I haven't explored that (yet) but I will be trying Sony Vegas first. You can download it online and try it for 30 days for free and its $50~ on amazon. I have hear positive reviews of Pinnacle as well from other motorcyclists. Personally, I don't plan on doing a lot of 'edited' videos so my needs may be different than yours.

Last edited by ormand; 05-17-2011 at 11:55 PM.
ormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheinertr9 View Post
I use a helmet mount. I also have a mount right underneath my headlights. I'm wanting to try the suction cup on the rear and possibly another mount on the side of the bike.

I personally like the helmet mount over the one on the front of the bike because it doesn't pick up the road vibration and it captures what I'm looking at rather than being fixed in one place.

And Nero is complete . Haven't worked in Pinnacle before so I can't speak for it, but I prefer iMovie for the quick 'n easy or After Effects if I need more advanced editing. You can search my other posts and find my videos from my helmet mount.
Helmet camera mount?The one sold as an accessory on the Hd hero website? Listed as "Helmet Front Mount" For $13 Does it use an adhesive stick on base?
"Nero is complete ." I agree I purchased it only for video editing software. What I got was a whole list of other useless software that I had no desire to install on my comp. ANd the video software wasn't that good either. O'well live and learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
There are settings on the HD that will give you a narrower field of view. I used to use the suction mount and put it up on my windshield. These days I prefer having it mounted to my left frame slider.
Yea as far as I know the tightest it can be is 127 degrees. I usually shot in 720p at 60 fps.
As far as the suction cup mount??? I guess I'll have to try it. it just seems a little iffy to have $350 mounted on a SUCTION cup. It would really suck to have it blow off. Maybe I'll rig a leash or something, but it might suck even worse to have it come off and then start beating up on whatever it's mounted to.

Oh I just read about the suction cup. stays stuck on at 200MPH. Maybe I'll buy one and test it out. haha
Old 05-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
scheinertr9
Get a - job Al

Bike(s):
'09 Interceptor

Not the accessory mount, just one of the adhesive mounts that comes in the box. With my new helmet, I'm not wanting to use any adhesives on it so I'm gonna try the suction cup. I've spoken with a few other peeps who says it stays on very well.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:33 PM   #7
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheinertr9 View Post
Not the accessory mount, just one of the adhesive mounts that comes in the box. With my new helmet, I'm not wanting to use any adhesives on it so I'm gonna try the suction cup. I've spoken with a few other peeps who says it stays on very well.
Appreciate the clarification.

Advertisement