MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,293


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








50 stunt questions

I bought a 50 today from Pyrobug (awesome buy btw) and reason behind is to start learning to stunt it, its already set up minus handbrake which is about to be ordered. My question is what is the best way to start???? Last time i rode a 50 other than today has been a little over 3 or 4 years lol but any advice is definately appreciated as im new to the fiddy scene
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda NSR 50 questions tonyt915 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 13 02-12-2010 10:06 PM
some 50 title questions (ver. 1million) switch Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 14 07-02-2009 01:57 PM
Some 50 questions DvlRacer Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 44 01-24-2008 10:13 PM
50 Questions vertigo Stunters Lounge 10 01-21-2008 03:42 PM
street legal 50 questions sbfuller Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 25 01-15-2008 09:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
TheVirus
Original OG
 
TheVirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,737

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2009 *Secret*








Start with learning throttle control on the wheelies with your feet near the ground incase you go over. get good, cause you can ride them endlessly on 50's. Then start with "floaters" with your feet on the peg, and get used to throttle control. then you can try high chairs ( i personally dont care for them on a 50) then maybe some circles with one foot on a stool or stand and then with no feet.
__________________
The First 48
TheVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,293


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








I have been doin wheelies with my feet dragging starting to get comfortable with it i justdidnt know if that was "cheating" or a bad habit to start, my plan was to get comfortable dragging my feet then move right foot onto peg get brake down theneventually both feet.
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
TheVirus
Original OG
 
TheVirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,737

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2009 *Secret*








No its good to start that way, as long as you are not using them to actually support yourself. Just fall prevention is all. Main thing to worry about, it is not about getting the wheel off the ground. Its about learning the "balance point" ( not very definitive on a 50) and using throttle control to keep it steady. try to make it smooth and not "bobby"
__________________
The First 48
TheVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,293


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








im doing this in first gear btw, never over reving tho feel alot more comfortable about it now gonna keep doin this till my handbrake gets here and hopefully be ready to use it
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
ForgottnSoul
MotoMilitia Choosen 9
 
ForgottnSoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,698

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2008 Special Edition ZX-14




Member Garage





Where in league city are you? Im in LC as well and would mind rolling with ya
ForgottnSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #7
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,293


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








I used to live right off 518, i live in the college station area now
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #8
ForgottnSoul
MotoMilitia Choosen 9
 
ForgottnSoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,698

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2008 Special Edition ZX-14




Member Garage





awww you suck im just off 518 and bay area my self
ForgottnSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #9
TomballD
Senior Member
 
TomballD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,625

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80






practice makes perfect, dragging your feet is a good way to feel out the balance point, but will also give a false confidence in going over backwards once you start riding them with your feet up. Keep dragging for a few days and then start pulling it up in second with your feet on the pegs. Also the best thing to learn when new at it is using your rear brake to bring you back down, if you can learn that skill early you will advance quickly. Or go out to Monday Night Minis and learn from the pros
__________________
Danny
TomballD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,293


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








where is that held at? the deal is im still recovering from an accident that threw my equilibrium to so my balance has been fishy lol but im slowly getting it all back. but i really want to get good at this pretty quick, rode today for about 2 or 3 hours lol
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #11
upononer6
Senior Member
 
upononer6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: league city
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,293


Bike(s):
2004 yamaha r6
2000 Honda XR50








Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottnSoul View Post
awww you suck im just off 518 and bay area my self
country side or rustic oaks? thats exactly the part im from haha
upononer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #12
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,533

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by upononer6 View Post
I have been doin wheelies with my feet dragging starting to get comfortable with it i justdidnt know if that was "cheating" or a bad habit to start, my plan was to get comfortable dragging my feet then move right foot onto peg get brake down theneventually both feet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
No its good to start that way, as long as you are not using them to actually support yourself. Just fall prevention is all. Main thing to worry about, it is not about getting the wheel off the ground. Its about learning the "balance point" ( not very definitive on a 50) and using throttle control to keep it steady. try to make it smooth and not "bobby"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
practice makes perfect, dragging your feet is a good way to feel out the balance point, but will also give a false confidence in going over backwards once you start riding them with your feet up. Keep dragging for a few days and then start pulling it up in second with your feet on the pegs. Also the best thing to learn when new at it is using your rear brake to bring you back down, if you can learn that skill early you will advance quickly. Or go out to Monday Night Minis and learn from the pros
Bingo. I started out dragging my feet getting a feel for the BP and the throttle. But i kept doing that for a while and it ended up making it difficult to learn to wheelie without my feet dragging. For me, it was very hard to break that habit. I wish i had forced myself to put my feet on the pegs sooner. But everyone learns different but it's all a matter of practice and getting comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upononer6 View Post
where is that held at? the deal is im still recovering from an accident that threw my equilibrium to so my balance has been fishy lol but im slowly getting it all back. but i really want to get good at this pretty quick, rode today for about 2 or 3 hours lol
MNM is very close to the beltway and 249/ NW corner of Houston. It may be a little drive for you but it's always good fun. Don't have to worry about police or security shutting things down either.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy