Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #61
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

1986 Honda Spree

Member Garage

road trip to Windham, NH 03087 anyone?
" Passin One Hater at a Time" - Me -
HtownStunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEVER TRY AND PASS AN 18 WHEELER WITH LIVESTOCK..... KTMRC8 Off Topic 23 11-18-2013 02:36 PM
Motorcyclist dies after being hit by hit-and-run driver Jay General Discussion (Moto Related) 87 09-04-2007 11:28 AM
Old 05-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #62
I do not consent
Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Member Garage

Originally Posted by HtownStunta View Post
road trip to Windham, NH 03087 anyone?
I'm down! I'll bring bail money to get him out so when open up a 55 gallon barrel of whoop on em. Then take him back to jail
Renzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #63
Thread killer
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)

I'm sure that on this and every other forum out there is an onslaught of "criminal activity" postings. My responses are consistant, albeit unpopular. On one hand I have some sense of understanding; I've been an idiot many a time, and sometimes still. I've had some road rage issues - fortunately I've never hurt anyone, but I know the feeling.

I love my country, I really do. I do have some open-eyed qualms with a few things, the "criminal justice" system being one of them. As tempting as it is to suggest the execution of idiots, we're all human and we've all made mistakes; we'd have a population of about 2 dozen goodie-two-shoes left if we did this. Beating them sounds better, although it works better on some than others.

We seem to think that there's 2 universal solutions to everything, jail and fines. Jail more often seems to help people become better, more dedicated criminals; while disallowed the chance to be productive members of society - at our expense. Fines simply prove that "the system" is about making money, not solving issues.

I applaud the judges who make punishment fit the crime. My suggestion in the case of this punk kid:

First, yes, a little time behind bars. Let him know that the consequences are serious; let him get a taste of what he won't want to go back to if he doesn't follow the rest of the punishment.

2nd, make him take the MSF course 50 (yes fifty) times over the next five years at his expense. He is required by the court to wear full gear, not the loaner gear - again at his expense. His jacket must contain a red warning sign (upside-down triangle with an exclamation point in it) made of reflective tape. In large letters, a summary of his crime; something like "WARNING: I assault bikes". If he fails to wear the jacket for even a moment it's major prison time. Also have him briefly explain to every class why he's there and wearing the jacket.

This does two things: one it embarasses him. At thirty students per class that's fifteen hundred bikers to tell him things that other prisoners probably wouldn't. Also that's fifteen hundred pending motocyclists who leave the MSF class knowing what lies in store for them. If that prevents even one person from riding like an idiot and getting themself killed, it's worth it in my book.

Lastly make him take anger management classes. Yes, at his expense. Can't hurt.

Also he owes some restitution to the family.
The meaning of life is that life is meant to be lived
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:49 AM   #64

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

04 gsx r 750
02 gsxr 750 (sold)

^ +1
sunnygsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #65
and whiskey

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Originally Posted by Bart View Post
"punishment should fit the crime"
I'd be all for it.
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
I always thought speedcheeser was a meth head with a fondness for dairy products.
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
he's a viking accountant. he looks at the bottom line, then he yells at it.
SpeedCheeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #66
Crashing Sucks!!!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
90 FZR600 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jbeck01R6
Im pretty sure it has already taken care of its self...or not far from it.....His address is just imagine all the local outraged bikers......LMAO! street justice always prevails!
The faster you go, the easier it stays up!!!
Jbeck01R6 is offline   Reply With Quote