MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #21
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
They have a sport for you already: NASCAR.
no..i still have all my teeth. thanks though.
SPOILER (maybe) MotoGP France Grinchy Taking it to the Track 14 05-25-2010 10:58 AM
SPOILER Moto2 Le Mans, France Grinchy Taking it to the Track 2 05-25-2010 07:58 AM
SPOILER MotoGP Qatar SPOILER Grinchy Taking it to the Track 19 04-18-2010 06:43 AM
****SPOILER**** MotoGP QP ****SPOILER**** bdubb Taking it to the Track 17 07-20-2008 06:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #22
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekrew View Post
if pedrosa had the inside .. and lets say simo was running that wide and hot. Couldn't pedrosa just stayed leaned over and on the inside and made the turn instead of standing the bike up ?
Looks like Pedrosa went to make his flop to complete the chicane and Simoncelli was there. Too fast to correct after commiting to the action IMO.

For me, it still looks like Simoncelli was standing the bike up and headed off track before Pedrosa caught his rear tire. So despite what Simoncelli said he must have been in that turn hotter than he had been all day. It can't be a clean pass if it means you ran out of track doing it.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #23
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
if pedrosa had the inside .. and lets say simo was running that wide and hot. Couldn't pedrosa just stayed leaned over and on the inside and made the turn instead of standing the bike up ?

Simoncelli was coming across his line. Pedrosa stood up to brake so that they didn't contact, and it happened anyway. Or at least, that's what it looked like to me.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #24
Skid

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

To me it looked like Pedrosa slowed down quite a bit more than normal because he had a tight entry. If I were the officials, I would request the data from both riders for that corner for the previous five laps and see what it says.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
Skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #25
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid View Post
To me it looked like Pedrosa slowed down quite a bit more than normal because he had a tight entry. If I were the officials, I would request the data from both riders for that corner for the previous five laps and see what it says.
What will that tell the officials? That Simo didn't knock him down, it was pedrosa slowing down?

It is quite plain and simple, it was a dirty move, unless Rossi, CE, and some others GP riders have no idea what they are talking about and we are the experts.

Now as for the punishment, well they tend to weight the incidents quite different so no consistency.

The dikc move benefit 3rd and below, sucked for dany's collar bone. Stoner was still going to win no matter what.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #26
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
Simoncelli is saying his race telemetry shows he didn't brake any later that lap for that turn than the preceding laps. He's pretty much blaming Dani, stating that Pedrosa was having problems with that turn.

I think it was a high risk pass with no real thought as to what would happen when he made the move. If Pedrosa was having problems then he should have known cutting his line would make it even worse. Just not a smart move at all by Simoncelli. He took an extreme risk and was lucky not to wreck out alongside Pedrosa.
Simoncelli has gotten faster and faster. He's hungry for that podium and it sure looks like it's overriding his ability to be a solid tacticion out there.
Have to agree with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If not for the action up front he likely wouldn't have seen the podium. The duc was further up front this time and fighting competitively, but solely capable of a podium bid without the commotion? I doubt it.
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowell View Post
It looked clean to me, besides Simoncelli was just setting up for the next right hander. I thought it looked like Pedrosa came in too hot and couldn't hold his line, purposely running it wider. I know Simoncelli's reputation is what ultimately got him trouble, but that was racing in my opinion.

"Let em play ref, let em play!"
fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
Chitty move, you have to see it from different angles Grinchy. IF CE, Cal, Rossi, Stoner, etc say it was a dirty move, then you are correct they all are losers LOL they all call Stoner a too so I guess they must be right
Like you called it, Super Sic, fastest Hoda rider, oh wait???? he's the future
Great to see Rossi up there, just 14 seconds behind but there non the less.
bet you gagged on that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYAN View Post
+1000

its RACING! I for one love that fact that the circus clown(marco) is getting super aggressive this year. he's got a whole new flare!

this so far has been a VERY entertaining season.

/go Rossi go!

Quote:
This one is better that the crappy one you posted

everyone I clicked on had been removed by Dorna

You're just lucky Moaner punched the french guy cause had it been anyone else ....................

Quote:
allbeit Dani is one of the aliens his weakness (on the larger bike) is his ability on the brakes deep into the turn.
Time trialists = Dani and Moaner
Racers = Rossi, Dovi and Simo
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #27
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

and wtf is going on with Spies??????
Old 05-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #28
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
Haters gonna hate
Not even close. I hope to see Rossi turn that lame Duc into a winner. If anyone can, it'll be him. I just tend to be more realistic about a podium finish when he's multiple seconds off of the pace of the leaders and the final laps include what LeMans had.

I'll celebrate when his laptimes are simply better than anyone else that day. To me, that's when his efforts have really paid off.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #29
phiseph

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki SV650S

I'd say it was a racing incident, a boneheaded incident but something that can and has happened in racing - nothing malicious. As much as I'm a fan of sic for his old school aggressive riding style (which we have very little of in MotoGP anymore and the races can be pretty tame sometimes) he really needs to use his head more. He clearly had the faster pace and didn't have to make that move then, he woulda easily passed Ped a few meters down the track in the next chicane. Dany wasn’t completely free of fault either, he was hot coming into the corner and his wheel was dribbling all over the place before he turned in but in the end Marco was more at fault for not leaving him enough space to escape. Marco's definitely proven that he's fast as and the guy clearly has of brass but until he tones that down just a little and thinks more he’s not going to be considered a legit alien or title contender. Nuts wins races but a level head wins championships.
phiseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #30
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
everyone I clicked on had been removed by Dorna I love to debate things i haven't seen
So you are debating on an incident that you barely saw and you are waiting for someone to post and be lucky enough to see before it has been removed?

Wow, talk about haters gonna hate

Le GOAT is BACK!!!!! and i mean 14 seconds back.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #31
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
So you are debating on an incident that you barely saw and you are waiting for someone to post and be lucky enough to see before it has been removed?

Wow, talk about haters gonna hate

you are so up with hate

you know well as I do there were loads of clips last night
Dorna shuts them down for whatever reason given WSBK controlling body doesn't!!!
but I feel your pain, I do
it's like the guy who comes along whining that Stoner is a better rider than Rossi, who's been watching MotoGP for 5 mins
Only reason stoner even has a championship is that;
a) he had about 20clicks over everybody else
b) he had the best tires when Michelin were at there least competitive in recent history (ask Colin when you're there next, he'll tell you!)
c) Yamaha (Rossi) uncharacteristically blew 2 engines that seasons
and
d) which we musn't talk about, the Ducati oversize gas catch tank which had no one way valve and was banned after that season.

but carry on
Old 05-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #32
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:

you are so up with hate

you know well as I do there were loads of clips last night
Dorna shuts them down for whatever reason given WSBK controlling body doesn't!!!
but I feel your pain, I do
it's like the guy who comes along whining that Stoner is a better rider than Rossi, who's been watching MotoGP for 5 mins
Only reason stoner even has a championship is that;
a) he had about 20clicks over everybody else
b) he had the best tires when Michelin were at there least competitive in recent history (ask Colin when you're there next, he'll tell you!) - so does this mean the Rossi always had the BEST tires during his championships - you gagged yourself therec) Yamaha (Rossi) uncharacteristically blew 2 engines that seasons
and
d) which we musn't talk about, the Ducati oversize gas catch tank which had no one way valve and was banned after that season.

but carry on
You are so up with wrong information
BTW, we did talk about a lot of things that can't be posted, you'll change the way you portray Rossi as a

Carry on loving the Goat for 50 years, oh wait he wasn't born yet.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #33
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
You are so up with wrong information
BTW, we did talk about a lot of things that can't be posted, you'll change the way you portray Rossi as a

Carry on loving the Goat for 50 years, oh wait he wasn't born yet.
whatever!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #34
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #35
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Cuanto odio aqui.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #36
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
and where was Jlo???

he'll still wind up champion imo though
Old 05-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #37
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcknstrips View Post
Cuanto odio aqui.
wtf????
Old 05-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #38
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:
wtf????
Spanish for - So much hate in here or Grinchy and Alrova sitting in a tree... - It could mean either / or.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #39
phiseph

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki SV650S

Quote:
and where was Jlo???

he'll still wind up champion imo though
True, he could win even with stoner's early domination cause he'll definitely be in the top 5 of most if not all races plus should get at least a couple more wins cause he is pretty consistent. But for what it's worth Jlo! He's just jealous that he's the champ but isn't getting any attention. That's why he's stirring up all this about Marco and aggressive passing in front of the media, he just wants to be back in the lime light. Talented? Definitely. On his way to becoming one of the most hated champs? Without a doubt. Stoner's got something up his too. I hope someone steps up and steals a few wins from these two (I got my money on sic or vr), their will seroiusly pucker up when the championship is in jeopardy after all the talking they've been doing.
phiseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #40
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

For the record, Grinchy and I are good buds, we are both pacionate of our riders and will say lots of things against each other but at the end of the day we are true buds no matter what.

BTW, here is another thing why i hate that clown -\
Making funny movements while Dingos anthem and being disrespectful (sp), jump to minute 3:00, not claping the bottle

Way to go clown lol

Advertisement