MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2011, 01:18 AM   #41
Ninja420

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
08 Ninja 250r

@Wawazat i cant agree with the demo rides saving the show cause you can go to any dealership when they have demos and ride for free i felt like i was at one of the liquidation sales i mean common puppies at a biker show and excersice equipment i mean lets be real that t effin Sucks and they charge 18bucks man MH could of did better by having a 2 day m&g w/shows ... All in all fool me 1 but i bet they wont fool me again i will never go to one of these again waste of 20 bucks...On the positive side free parking
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
South Texas Biker Jam & Expo Ken Fontenot General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 05-29-2011 03:19 PM
Ride to South Tx Biker Jam trooper Events, Meets and Rides 54 05-28-2011 03:49 PM
South Texas Biker Jam & Expo, Houston Reliant Center May 28-29 Tim Vipond Events, Meets and Rides 8 02-28-2011 09:42 PM
South Texas Biker Jam and Expo-City Hall Press Release Texmex1 Stubbs Cycles "The Original" 3 07-28-2010 06:29 PM
Biker Jam and Expo - October Father of Two Events, Meets and Rides 0 06-02-2010 12:43 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2011, 01:30 AM   #42
Wawazat?!
Chuck my Norris

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Aprilia RS125
'05 Honda "Fiddy"
'09 R1 (sold)
'07 gixxer 750 (RIP)

Edit: No. I'm not going to take it back. You read that as two sentences when it was clearly one. Go all the way to the period before you cut me off. I know you don't know how to use 'em, but come on...
I said it made the trip there worth it, not that it saved the show. "Saving grace" means that the Biker Jam wasn't a COMPLETE shitehole, but close.

Last edited by Wawazat?!; 05-29-2011 at 02:12 AM.
Wawazat?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:11 AM   #43
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Glad I didn't waste the $700+ to be a vendor there. I had a feeling it would be a flop when the sales lady called me. How was the turn out?
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #44
MiniG0D
Teknulogicuhly Challunged

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2008 600RR Graffiti Edition

Lol and that's exactly why there was little interest in the show to begin with. Some of the more expeienced of us have a gut feeling for these things
Old 05-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #45
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

The fact that there was no interest from manufacturers, dealers, products etc is why the show sucked. The people probably rented the place and then as the date approached they got desperate to make ends meet and started soliciting Tupperware and . It was do that or lose thousands I'm sure. They're probably still going to lose money. It's a shame that Houston doest have the IMS anymore and we couldn't all get behind something like this and make it better. I guess it's travel to Dallas for the big one. I'm not sure how that's "wiser" but ok.

Hopefully Ride Smart can get 6 riders and the event will have paid for itself at least.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #46
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

I looked at advance sale tickets. they were over $21 after the ticketmaster charges.

$18 at the gate is a bargain.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #47
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
The fact that there was no interest from manufacturers, dealers, products etc is why the show sucked. The people probably rented the place and then as the date approached they got desperate to make ends meet and started soliciting Tupperware and . It was do that or lose thousands I'm sure. They're probably still going to lose money. It's a shame that Houston doest have the IMS anymore and we couldn't all get behind something like this and make it better. I guess it's travel to Dallas for the big one. I'm not sure how that's "wiser" but ok.

Hopefully Ride Smart can get 6 riders and the event will have paid for itself at least.

The fact the the sales woman who called me wasn't very good at her job probably didn't help either.

I was hoping it would be a success. I'm sure they lost their ! How was the spectator turn out?
Old 05-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #48
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
The fact the the sales woman who called me wasn't very good at her job probably didn't help either.

I was hoping it would be a success. I'm sure they lost their ! How was the spectator turn out?
The turnout wasn't great. I was there from 10a-3p. It literally took Lisa and I 15 minutes to see every exhibit. We were at the front door so I saw everyone come in and out in about a 30 min span. If I was a motorcycle business owner, and exhibited looking for customers, I would have been disappointed. I don't think having it on Memorial Day weekend was the brightest idea either. Other than a dead thread or two on the forums, I didn't hear much pre show chatter about the show.

I wanted it to be good too because we, as sportbike riders, really have nothing worth a in terms of shows, down here.

I would have been upset had I paid $18 to get in too. I dont disagree with everyone that it sucked the hind .

I did find (1) bent GSXR front wheel missing 1 rotor for $50. I passed on it. LOL
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #49
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
The turnout wasn't great. I was there from 10a-3p. It literally took Lisa and I 15 minutes to see every exhibit. We were at the front door so I saw everyone come in and out in about a 30 min span. If I was a motorcycle business owner, and exhibited looking for customers, I would have been disappointed. I don't think having it on Memorial Day weekend was the brightest idea either. Other than a dead thread or two on the forums, I didn't hear much pre show chatter about the show.

I wanted it to be good too because we, as sportbike riders, really have nothing worth a in terms of shows, down here.

I would have been upset had I paid $18 to get in too. I dont disagree with everyone that it sucked the hind .

I did find (1) bent GSXR front wheel missing 1 rotor for $50. I passed on it. LOL

That really sucks! Bet there won't be a 2nd annual show.

Too bad really, because the failure of this show just makes it that much harder for a real promoter to come in and do it right.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #50
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

and not to hurt anyones feeling on here but I wasnt that impressed with the Stunt Show as well. I have personally seen wayyyy better showmanship and quality of stunts from local board members on here......

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #51
Wawazat?!
Chuck my Norris

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'09 Aprilia RS125
'05 Honda "Fiddy"
'09 R1 (sold)
'07 gixxer 750 (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
and not to hurt anyones feeling on here but I wasnt that impressed with the Stunt Show as well. I have personally seen wayyyy better showmanship and quality of stunts from local board members on here......
Maybe so, but are they sponsored? Do they get paid to do shows? This isn't their day job, but not just something they do in some industrial lot until the cops chase them out either.
Wawazat?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #52
BirdmanXX
BMF

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2002 Honda CBR Super Blackbird

Thumbs down

The expo was amazing! What are u guys talking about?! Dude I got my shoes shined, watched a dog show, saw some turtles, looked at some campers, watched a stunt show, web back in and joined the other 4 ppl watching a band, and almost signed up to lower my light bill! Freaking awesome. I can't believe the turnout there, must have been 100 ppl! Will never go back! Wtf were they thinking when they planned all this?
BirdmanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #53
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Glad I didnt spend the 18 dollars on that. And I would actually prefer a stunters performance at an industrial lot VS 18$ for a convention center.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #54
Cool New Name

Bike(s):
'07 Honda VFR
'06 Suzuki c50c (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanXX View Post
The expo was amazing! What are u guys talking about?! Dude I got my shoes shined, watched a dog show, saw some turtles, looked at some campers, watched a stunt show, web back in and joined the other 4 ppl watching a band, and almost signed up to lower my light bill! Freaking awesome. I can't believe the turnout there, must have been 100 ppl! Will never go back! Wtf were they thinking when they planned all this?

ha ha, you're right. I guess the glass could have been half full.
I should have gone all Gandhi on this one. I was thinking I got screwed out of $40. my bad!
Cool New Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #55
ciao_strada

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
CBR600F4i '04

still?

move on .org
ciao_strada is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement