MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #61
eltejano
I smell pretty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostIncMCBear View Post
You are American, you live in the land of the free and home of the brave. I am not here to make mandates.

As clubs in the MC world, we are always under a microscope. If a bunch of yahoos put on a patch, act like idiots, create chaos, it reflects on all of us. The public only sees the biker, not the patch. By having recognition and protocall, it helps us protect our lifestyle. It is just about protecting the liberties and working on improving the biker public image.

There are many benefits to recognition. It starts with respect.
I hear ya man. That goes for us too.

As sportbike riders in the MC world, we are always under a microscope. If a bunch of yahoos buy a sportbike, act like idiots, create chaos, it reflects on all of us. The public only sees the sportbike, not the rider.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mc clubs(Regulators Cypress) 636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 111 05-14-2012 02:35 PM
M C clubs? CraigRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 238 10-11-2011 12:37 PM
head-on MC / MC crash. ouchie!! bentgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 10-23-2009 12:02 PM
motorcycle clubs superkat General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 01-29-2009 08:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #62
rquirch
RQuirch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 ( sold )
2002 Honda XR-50R (sold :( )

i understand that and i respect it, trust me...

however, the same way i dont want to be labeled as a ganster because i rock my apes or a stupid kid because i ride an R1 i also dont want the goverment to stop me and check my helmet... or tell me that i have to wear one for that matter.

just saying.
rquirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #63
LostIncMCBear
Chairman Houston COC

Bike(s):
'11 Road Glide
'07 Low Rider
Custom Chopper

SB 315 Educate youself on Fusion Centers, if you served in military, are part of organization like NRA, or part of a group (club), you are a possible terrorist and you can be monitored without your civil rights being considered under the patriot act.

HB 904 Is motorcycle ONLY checkpoints, that is discrimination.

Look at the whole legislation and how it might affect you. A lot of this sounds good on top until it is used against you.

Gotta get to work,
Ride safe, Ride Free
Lost Inc MC Bear
LostIncMCBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #64
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachy Rach View Post
Google it, maybe you'll be able to find something.

It made me when you said they were completely unapproachable and you have to the "rugged, angry type".

If you can't approach those guys then you really don't have any business joining.
best bit of advice ever!! I mean serious, she speaks the wisdom, that was funny but soooooo true!!
Take a look in the mirror and see if your the guy you wanna be

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #65
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:

It made me when you said they were completely unapproachable and you have to the "rugged, angry type".

If you can't approach those guys then you really don't have any business joining.
best bit of advice ever!! I mean serious, she speaks the wisdom, that was funny but soooooo true!!
Take a look in the mirror and see if you see the guy you wanna be

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 05-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #66
silo
MSF RiderCoach

Bike(s):
'00 Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Made me as well... I met some of these guys for the first time last night, hung out with some I had met before... honestly they are some of the nicest and most approachable of all of the fellow riders that I have met yet.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that you are a female. I'm sure they were nice to you. I'm not saying that they aren't nice guys to everyone, but guys are different to guys when it comes to allowing new people. So really, your experience can't be compared to a guy's.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #67
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Thanks for the links to Trena Mitchell. That just made me made, the family trying to place a race card.
To keep on the thread though joining just about any club means dues, rules, and common goals. Individuals need to make the decision if it is for them or not. Even group rides posted here have some of those common traits.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #68
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

I have to say by reading your recent posts, and I am sure it doesnt mean beans, but I feel compelled to say I appreciate you and your well spoken and presented point of view. You make me think if there were more people "like you" in the mix that this group your describing would really be a huge positive measure for All bikers.
I also understand that there is a very real hierarchy of power in this area and anybody that doesnt realize must be living under a rock, that being said, I feel the fear and animosity they spread does waaaay more harm or creates a larger mountain for your efforts to conquer and thats what I dont understand. I have zero issues with them because thats their life and I respect their commitment and dedication to their color of choice.
As for myself, I bleed green, Highway HorrorS cc
I would like to personally invite you to our 5th annual Horror Bash in Santa fe, Oct. 24, usually 500+ like minded folk, last year 5 bands, all the food and drink you can choke down covered by us, and even have minibike races, I'll PM you if your interested.
much respect to you as well,

Quote:
Seems like a lot of misconceptions out there. There are bad apples in every group. We are all like minded in most regards. We want to ride our bikes, have good times, defend our liberties and freedoms that our forefathers fought and died for, end profiling by law enforcement, make motorist aware of our presence to share the road, end the unjust decisions handed down by judges for killing bikers on the road, promote unity, and ride the wind. Its all about preserving our lifestyle so generations to come can enjoy the same passion we have for riding our motorcycles and feeling the freedom of the road.
With respect,
Lost Inc MC Bear

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 05-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #69
eltejano
I smell pretty

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber View Post
This website has very little informational value. Contact numbers and addresses abound, though. Is there an official CoC national website?

Related but not: I thought about joining the Regulators MC for a brief period. I went to an event they were at and found them to be completely unapproachable. I guess I'm not the rugged, angry looking type.
The Regulators? Really? Huh.

I could see if it was the Bandidos.

I have a few really close friends that are Bandidos, one being a president in the club.

Was telling me this funny story, he and other residents from around the country were having a dinner with other club members when some goofball weekend warrior wanna-be walked up to the table, interrupted their conversation and asked how one goes about joining the Bandidos.

Well, he looked over at a few underlings and just gave them this "get this motherfuccker out of here" look. Two guys grabbed the guy by the arms and walked him into the bathroom. A few minutes later he left the place in a big hurry and as pale as a ghost.

I asked them what they told him and he said he didnt ask, didnt care as long as he was the away from them.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #70
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
You are American, you live in the land of the free and home of the brave. I am not here to make mandates.

As clubs in the MC world, we are always under a microscope. If a bunch of yahoos put on a patch, act like idiots, create chaos, it reflects on all of us. The public only sees the biker, not the patch. By having recognition and protocall, it helps us protect our lifestyle. It is just about protecting the liberties and working on improving the biker public image.

In your situation above, I doubt the general public would take notice of a patch, just the behavior. If they did notice the patch, they at least would know who was responsible for the behavior. Patch / no patch doesn't seem to matter to public opinion. I am glad you guys are heavy into legislative issues. Keep the majority taxpayer's roadways open to all of us!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #71
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:

Like the infamous Hollister, CA incident.

Life20magazine201947
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #72
LostIncMCBear
Chairman Houston COC

Bike(s):
'11 Road Glide
'07 Low Rider
Custom Chopper

Sport Bike Riders! This affects you. I encourage you to stand up and let you voice be heard. Write, email, or fax you State Senator today! Use your words or something simular to the format letter below. They are hearing from us on your behalf, they need to also hear from you. If you do not know who your State Senator is, go to this website:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/

Click on the right side of the page on "Who represents me?"

They work for you, in OUR House, the one in Austin that belongs to the people of the Great State of Texas known as the Capitol, that means you and me. Let them know how we feel as about this legislation as bikers. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Send an email or fax as there may not be enough time for snail mail.

With Respect,
Lost Inc MC Bear
Chairman, Houston Region, TXCOC&I

Sample Letter:

To The Honorable Senator: (fill in your senators name)

Senator (fill in your senators last name here), my name is (fill in your name here) and I am a voter registered in your district. My understanding is HB2470 relating to the regulation of sports bikes and certain other motorcycles; has passed in the House and has been received in the Senate for review on May 5th 2011. Although the main points in the bill are certainly related to safety with which I agree, I would urge you stop this bill in committee as it is certainly discriminatory on it's face

SECTION 4 (1) (B) and has an M class license; and (language regarding having an M class license for two years needs to be stricken. Meeting the requirements for an M class license is all the law requires to operate a motorcycle. If you feel the motorcycle safety training course is insufficient for this type of motorcycle you need to adjust the training requirement. Motor vehicle operators do not have
this level of restriction placed on them when they get licensed)

SECTION 4 (2) (A) is at least 18 years of age unless the operator is a parent or guardian, or is at least 16years of age and posses an M class license, or is under 18 years of age and have specific parental consent for the minor child to be a passenger. (As you well know SB1967 created a 5year minimum age
and that law is presently on the books. No child under that age would be allowed in any event.)

I believe that the above wording enforces the original intent of the bill but allows for a parent or guardian to transport or their child in accordance with the age age limits for motorcycle passengers that presently exist in the transportation code.

Again I urge you to amend the bill as noted above. The members of this committee have worked very closely with the Motorcycle Riding Community and I would hope that you would respect our judgment regarding Motorcycle related issues. We have always approached Motorcycle Safety issues reasonably and we know you do as well. We urge the amendments suggested as this bill is over reaching and unreasonable in it's present form. Thank you in advance for your consideration in this matter.
Respectfully,
(fill in your name here)
(fill in your address here)
Old 05-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #73
LostIncMCBear
Chairman Houston COC

Bike(s):
'11 Road Glide
'07 Low Rider
Custom Chopper

Please pass the post above around to get the sport bike riders involved. Or just sit back, do nothing, and someday when you have lost some of your rights and freedoms, you can explain to your grandchildren how things used to be when we were free to ride motorcycles.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #74
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Honda CX500 and VF1100C (Those were last century)
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR
Cannondale R600 & Killer V900 (1HP....thats Human Power)

I think the point that Jim and others was trying to make got lost in this thread somewhere.

Obviously it's up to you to decide if you want to be involved with a specific group or not. And likewise, it's up to them to decide if they want to let you be involved.

My issue with what I've read here (and I've read some interesting books on the subject) is that if I want my mom to crochet me a patch to put on the back of my cool leather jacket that has "3 bars" and says "Bikers For Mini Golf - Houston Texas, and get together with all of my putt-putt buddies who also ride motorcycles and wear my moms pretty patch, then this is the good ole USA and what I do on Public roadways on my motorcycle is up to me. The idea that if I don't get my patch "recognized" first that I might be in some sort of trouble is... well, troubling.

Seems kind of like some church deciding that if I'm not "recognized" by them, then I can't read the Bible.

That being said, I have seriously considered joining BACA. Empowering the powerless is something I believe in. This thread has re-ignited some of those feelings.
"The average street rider, feels he/she is an "above average" street rider... the majority are NOT. (they think they are, but they are not) straight up. The ones that are, typically don't show it, or don't know it....or are getting paid big bucks for it." - GAU-8
sigpic9903 2
TexasPsyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #75
Phiber

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250

Quote:

Sarcasm doesn't communicate well over the Internet.

I suppose what turned me off was the fact that I realized I didn't know anything about the club and that all I would really have to say is "Hey, I estalked you guys on the Internet and found out you were gonna be here, and oh hey, I like that one guy you have with the orange 'fighter. His bike is nice."

I dig the whole family aspect of the club and understand that y'all are a "good group of people," but beyond that I knew and know nothing.

Phiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #76
LostIncMCBear
Chairman Houston COC

Bike(s):
'11 Road Glide
'07 Low Rider
Custom Chopper

I was an Independent for a long time, had friends in clubs but stayed a lone wolf, then was a HOG Member, then joined my first MC, and now in my 2nd MC. I am in it for the brotherhood, the family, the support, and unless you have experienced it, you wont know what I speak of. It is not for everybody and does require commitment and sacrifice. You get out of it what you put into it. If you want to stay as you are, more power to ya. I accept you as you are. I promise, I am not here recruiting. We dont work that way. I came because someone told me about the site and I noticed there was bad information going around about the MC world and especially the COC. I am always looking for folks to help with our causes and issues we face. I dont know everything, but I have been around a long time. I earned my patch. I am getting old now and just want to make sure that in the future there will be bikers that care about protecting and defending our lifestyle. I dont care what they ride, if it has two wheels, it is a motorcycle to me.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #77
Jimmy_D
RidersRepublic.org

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Hayabusa
BMW S1000RR
02 F4i
02 Hayabusa
03 GSXR 1000

@LostIncMCBear
When is the next COC meeting. I would like to attend. Could u PM me the time and place?
Old 05-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #78
LostIncMCBear
Chairman Houston COC

Bike(s):
'11 Road Glide
'07 Low Rider
Custom Chopper

PM Sent Jimmy D
Old 05-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #79
Jay-boy
say something!!!!

Bike(s):
07 CBR 1000 RR

It would be nice to see more independent riders show up to a COC meeting to see what its all about before passing judgement! Come find me if u do and ill buy u a drink to show we appreciate u coming and listening to what goes on

R.F.F.R.
Jay-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #80
Jay-boy
say something!!!!

Bike(s):
07 CBR 1000 RR

And to the guy who said we was unapproachable? Not sure what benefit u was at but I'm sorry u felt u could not approach us it would of been nice to meet u!

R.F.F.R.
Jay-boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement