MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #41
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST675 View Post
Examples? what have you done to end the decisions? what decisions and How did the judges kill a biker?

Being part of the MC community this is a serious question....
lol he meant judges who slap the wrist of cagers who killed a biker
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mc clubs(Regulators Cypress) 636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 111 05-14-2012 02:35 PM
M C clubs? CraigRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 238 10-11-2011 12:37 PM
head-on MC / MC crash. ouchie!! bentgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 10-23-2009 12:02 PM
motorcycle clubs superkat General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 01-29-2009 08:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #42
ST675
01101000 01101001

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of bikes from 80cc to 1200cc
Current : ZX11
KX80

LOL ok so no judge killed a biker, thats good.

other questions still stand...
Old 05-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #43
LostIncMCBear
Chairman Houston COC

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'11 Road Glide
'07 Low Rider
Custom Chopper

There are no dues, clubs make donations that go towards many things such as supporting MRO's like MRF, AMA, TMRA, and other organizations that do lobby. It covers things like parking at the capitol on legislative day, events like state rallys, regular meeting expenses like bands, food, etc, propaganda, booths at rallies, participation at NCOM, call to actions, and a host of things for the benefit of us all. Nothing to hide, no cloak and daggers.

Its not for everybody and it may not be for you, but educate yourself before just making an uninformed decision based on a few post on this forum from folks that speak of things they know nothing about.

With respect,
Lost Inc MC Bear
LostIncMCBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #44
LEANANGLE

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
.07 Harley Davidson softail fsxtc-
05 gixxer 750
04 YZ 450
03 CR 125

Coc & I acutualy does have a team in Austin and federal lobbying daily, bikers, lawyers, also the tmra2, Texas motorcycle rights association does also, they are TOTALLY. responsible for all the signs You see on the road, motorcycle safety awareness.just to much others to name check out the tmra2 site much more informative on the Texas stuff
LEANANGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #45
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEANANGLE View Post
Coc & I acutualy does have a team in Austin and federal lobbying daily, bikers, lawyers, also the tmra2, Texas motorcycle rights association does also, they are TOTALLY. responsible for all the signs You see on the road, motorcycle safety awareness.just to much others to name check out the tmra2 site much more informative on the Texas stuff
I'm down with the signs. This is bike aware month though. I'd prefer to see some visable the other 11 months. Between the weather and the price of fuel I've been seeing more bikes and you no gear wearing scare the out of me. If ya'll had even the smallest of clues wtf your body goes through when it meets hard things at any kind of speed you probably wouldn't ride or you'd at least gear up.

So if there is so much lobbying at the capitol then how come texting and driving is legal but a dumb girl on the back of a dumb guys scoot with no M endorsment isn't?

That is my biggest peeve. 90+% of all the stupid driving I see is caused by dumb texting.... I don't even mind the talking on the phone as much because they usually just drive slow and meander. It's the who are
trying to read or compose a text who are all over the place.

Back to the CoC...

Are they generic or affiliated with one group over another?
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #46
LostIncMCBear
Chairman Houston COC

Bike(s):
'11 Road Glide
'07 Low Rider
Custom Chopper

Check out the Trena Ramsey case in Waco. Just google it. Lady legally blind, three kids in car, one a baby un restrained, runs a light and kills a BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse) President on his way back from a toy run. Her license was suspended and legally BLIND. She was getting not much more than a hand slap it appeared. We made our voices heard with letters, faxes, emails, and presence and now she is serving up to 20 years if my memory is correct. Bikers are killed by distracted drivers all the time and have nothing more than a failure to yeild ticket given to them. That is the unjust I speak of. You can learn more about TMRA2 at www.tmra2.org There are chapters all around our Houston area. We, the COC and COIR have what we call US Defenders that execute a call to action when given a directive. This means they carry the cta to the clubs, friends, independents, or whatever and united, we let our voices be heard.
With respect,
Lost Inc MC Bear
Old 05-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #47
LEANANGLE

Bike(s):
.07 Harley Davidson softail fsxtc-
05 gixxer 750
04 YZ 450
03 CR 125

Check out the house bill on the tmra2 site pertaining to sportbike and their passengers .... passed the house allready
LEANANGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #48
LostIncMCBear
Chairman Houston COC

Bike(s):
'11 Road Glide
'07 Low Rider
Custom Chopper

There is legislation right now in Austin in committee we are supporting that will make it illegal to text while driving.

As for the signs, yes it is Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month, where do you think that came from, We have been working with TXDOT and other organizations for years on the signs and are seeing progress.

we are getting proclamtions from cities and counties for the publicity and this year had 258 cities and 11 counties present us proclamations to raise motorist awareness.

Sure we would like the signs 12 months a year and are working on this constantly, but we have several other organizations like MADD (mothers against drunk drivers) competing for the same exposure.

Any ideas you have to help the cause would be appreciated.

With respect,
Lost Inc MC Bear
Old 05-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #49
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostIncMCBear View Post
As for the signs, yes it is Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month, where do you think that came from, We have been working with TXDOT and other organizations for years on the signs and are seeing progress.
I thank you for that. Not knocking it, just saying instead of a blitz one month I'd rather see a slow procession all year. Like when a message sign isn't being used for a actual road message that maybe it be cycled through with no texting and motorcycle awareness signs. I do understand though some exposure is better then no exposure.

cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #50
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
Check out the Trena Ramsey case in Waco. Just google it.
I googled this name, waco, blind, baca and nothing. Do you have a link?
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #51
LostIncMCBear
Chairman Houston COC

Bike(s):
'11 Road Glide
'07 Low Rider
Custom Chopper

We are also working on having "Share the Road" decals placed on the back of ice on bridge signs. They are folded up 9 - 10 months out of a year and can help be a reminder to motorist. A lot of hoops to jump through to get it done but we are making progress.

We have worked with TMSC also and this is where most psa's are coming from. You can learn more about them at www.looklearnlive.org

There are a lot of people working hard to preserve our lifestyle and save lives. I urge you to get involved, somewhere. Independent, club, association or whatever. Together everyone accomplishes more. If you ride on two wheels, we are on the same team, patch or no patch.
With respect,
Lost Inc MC Bear
Old 05-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #52
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Seems like a lot of misconceptions out there. There are bad apples in every group. We are all like minded in most regards. We want to ride our bikes, have good times, defend our liberties and freedoms that our forefathers fought and died for, end profiling by law enforcement, make motorist aware of our presence to share the road, end the unjust decisions handed down by judges for killing bikers on the road, promote unity, and ride the wind. Its all about preserving our lifestyle so generations to come can enjoy the same passion we have for riding our motorcycles and feeling the freedom of the road.
With respect,
Lost Inc MC Bear
Bear, you are good spokesman. But the club network in general denies me the liberty and freedom to wear what I want, when I want. Is this correct?
Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #53
LostIncMCBear
Chairman Houston COC

Bike(s):
'11 Road Glide
'07 Low Rider
Custom Chopper

waconewsbeat.blogspot.com/2010/08/legally-blind-driver-convicted-by-waco.html

Sorry,
Trena Mitchell. Ramsey was another case
Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #54
Rachy Rach
Nut up or Shut up!

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Yamaha r6 - Sold :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
I googled this name, waco, blind, baca and nothing. Do you have a link?
http://www.smslegal.com/blog/legally-blind-motorist-kills-motorcycle-rider-in-waco-texas

May have to copy and paste, but there is one article on the accident.
Rachy Rach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #55
Trish

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 CBR600rr
2006 DRZ400SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachy Rach View Post
Google it, maybe you'll be able to find something.

It made me when you said they were completely unapproachable and you have to the "rugged, angry type".

If you can't approach those guys then you really don't have any business joining.
Made me as well... I met some of these guys for the first time last night, hung out with some I had met before... honestly they are some of the nicest and most approachable of all of the fellow riders that I have met yet.
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #56
rquirch
RQuirch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 ( sold )
2002 Honda XR-50R (sold :( )

hmmm..
tmra2 website is

AGAINST: SB 315

SECTION 4. Article 61.10, Code of Criminal Procedure, is
amended by amending Subsections (b), (c), and (f) and adding
Subsection (g) to read as follows:
(b) The purpose of the task force is to form a strategic
partnership among local, [between] state, and federal criminal
justice, juvenile justice, and correctional [, and local law
enforcement] agencies to better enable those [law enforcement and
correctional] agencies to take a proactive stance towards tracking
gang activity and the growth and spread of gangs statewide.
(c) The task force shall focus its efforts on:
(1) developing, through regional task force meetings,
a statewide networking system that will provide timely access to
gang information;

dont know about you but i would be very much FOR this bill...
very interesting.
rquirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:01 AM   #57
rquirch
RQuirch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 ( sold )
2002 Honda XR-50R (sold :( )

and also, whats up with the "LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE" Slogan on the front page and then you are FOR this bill:

H.R. 904 - Text - Referred to the Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
Subject: To prohibit the Secretary of Transportation from providing grants or any funds to a State, county, town, or township, Indian tribe, municipal or other local government to be used for any program to check helmet usage or create checkpoints for a motorcycle driver or passenger
rquirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #58
LostIncMCBear
Chairman Houston COC

Bike(s):
'11 Road Glide
'07 Low Rider
Custom Chopper

You are American, you live in the land of the free and home of the brave. I am not here to make mandates.

As clubs in the MC world, we are always under a microscope. If a bunch of yahoos put on a patch, act like idiots, create chaos, it reflects on all of us. The public only sees the biker, not the patch. By having recognition and protocall, it helps us protect our lifestyle. It is just about protecting the liberties and working on improving the biker public image.

There are many benefits to recognition. It starts with respect.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #59
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfitzny View Post
If it's all about having a good time and getting acquainted with people who share the same passion for motorcycles, then I understand the appeal; however, it seems like there's a strong undertone of violence if you step out of line...which is what I don't understand
winner,
I feel if they were really campaigning for "all bikers" so called rights, then why would they want to separate and divide the masses?

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #60
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfitzny View Post
If it's all about having a good time and getting acquainted with people who share the same passion for motorcycles, then I understand the appeal; however, it seems like there's a strong undertone of violence if you step out of line...which is what I don't understand
winner,
I feel if they were really campaigning for "all bikers" so called rights, then why would they want to separate and divide the masses with fear or animosity?

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement