MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2011, 12:51 AM   #21
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo View Post
Yep. You are correct. We had to deal with the MC's when we were talking about getting patches made for a military riding group. Of course before 9-11 the answer was, " no!" then after 9-11, they were all like, "we really support you guys, of course you can do it." What a joke. This is just one reason, out of many, that I will never join one.
yeah, the expense of a self defense court case aint worth wearing a jacket over. sux but that's how it is.
but the good thing out of this thread is the testimony of how certain clubs really aint about "protection of our rights" or any other smokescreen

Last edited by craigntx; 05-15-2011 at 12:53 AM.
craigntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mc clubs(Regulators Cypress) 636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 111 05-14-2012 02:35 PM
M C clubs? CraigRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 238 10-11-2011 12:37 PM
head-on MC / MC crash. ouchie!! bentgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 10-23-2009 12:02 PM
motorcycle clubs superkat General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 01-29-2009 08:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2011, 01:05 AM   #22
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I've always thought it humorous that a private organization like the COC or whatever has decided they have the "right" to tell people what they can or can't wear.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:20 AM   #23
craigntx
team ftp

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
I've always thought it humorous that a private organization like the COC or whatever has decided they have the "right" to tell people what they can or can't wear.
they're coming on here saying "were here for bike rights" but then say you can't wear this or that. buncha bullshit, imho
Old 05-15-2011, 01:45 AM   #24
Yillbs

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

i think the coc guy said they just recognize them.. nothing more. which is kinda cool to have an organization recognize you... but as far as someone saying you can't be a MC club is just stupid :\ science club , math club, chest club, car club, baby club, .. what's really the diff in any of them? math club kids get made fun of, chest club kids are talked about in just about ANY movie that involves hott chicks, and nerds... soooo yeah.. )
Old 05-15-2011, 01:48 AM   #25
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigntx View Post
they're coming on here saying "were here for bike rights" but then say you can't wear this or that. buncha bullshit, imho
I'll wear the jacket just to them off
Renzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:19 AM   #26
Phiber

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachy Rach View Post
www.coctx.org

The website might be able to answer some of your questions.
This website has very little informational value. Contact numbers and addresses abound, though. Is there an official CoC national website?

Related but not: I thought about joining the Regulators MC for a brief period. I went to an event they were at and found them to be completely unapproachable. I guess I'm not the rugged, angry looking type.
Phiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:15 AM   #27
jrfitzny
Derriere Extraordinaire

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1948 Harley Flathead w/ sidecar
2008 Buell 1125R
2004 CRF Fiddy

Send a message via Skype™ to jrfitzny
Quote:
There are some clubs that are really laid back and not very strict. But some of your more notorious clubs go so far as to tell you when you can and can't ride.
It doesn't seem very laid back if you'll get your kicked for not wearing the right colors (red and gold in H-town I believe).

...and if you are a "laid back" MC, you have to grovel to some bigger organization just to start your own?

I've seen laid back Christian motorcycle groups that wear all the garb, but I don't think they're MCs.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful towards MCs, I'm just trying to get some info..
jrfitzny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:36 AM   #28
silo
MSF RiderCoach

Bike(s):
'00 Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfitzny View Post
It doesn't seem very laid back if you'll get your kicked for not wearing the right colors (red and gold in H-town I believe).

...and if you are a "laid back" MC, you have to grovel to some bigger organization just to start your own?

I've seen laid back Christian motorcycle groups that wear all the garb, but I don't think they're MCs.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful towards MCs, I'm just trying to get some info..
Correct, CMA is an association, however in some places even associations need to request recognition, if for nothing more than to get the word out that they are cool to wear colors. If you look at patches you will notice that clubs have a lower rocker that states a particular area/city/state/country. Country is reserved for international clubs, such as Legacy Vets and the Blue Knights both of which which are pretty laid back.

There are a lot of rules and a lot of clubs. I know what I know and keep a lot to myself because I said I would. Pick up a Sonny Barger book and give it a read.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:31 AM   #29
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
There are a lot of rules and a lot of clubs. I know what I know and keep a lot to myself because I said I would. Pick up a Sonny Barger book and give it a read.
Again.. rules made by whom? It's so cloak and dagger and childish in many ways..

You have to request recognition in order to be "allowed" to wear colors? What is this, Germany?

"It is this way, because we say so"
Old 05-15-2011, 06:42 AM   #30
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

Does the CoC recognize the Harely Owners Group and their individual clubs?
Old 05-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #31
Rachy Rach
Nut up or Shut up!

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Yamaha r6 - Sold :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber View Post
This website has very little informational value. Contact numbers and addresses abound, though. Is there an official CoC national website?

Related but not: I thought about joining the Regulators MC for a brief period. I went to an event they were at and found them to be completely unapproachable. I guess I'm not the rugged, angry looking type.
Google it, maybe you'll be able to find something.

It made me when you said they were completely unapproachable and you have to the "rugged, angry type".

If you can't approach those guys then you really don't have any business joining.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #32
craigntx
team ftp

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo View Post
I'll wear the jacket just to them off
be strapped when you do
Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Again.. rules made by whom? :
there's a club name everyone has been avoiding. pm if you really don't know who this is about
Old 05-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #33
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

I know "who" this is about... hence my reference.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #34
Stang Man
being rude

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000
2005 KTM 625 SMC(sold)
1994 ZX-11(sold)
1983 Honda Nighthawk(sold)

Member Garage

conspiracies!
Family bikes: V-Star 1100, Harley 883, KLR-650
Stang Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #35
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

To each his own. Join a club or don't. The people who do obvious benefit from it. Why else would they do it?

All clubs, regardless of what topic binds them, have rules. Rules made by someone somewhere at some point int time. Be that religions in general, private golf clubs, the Boy Scouts of America, etc. You name it. Don't like the rules well tough you don't get to play or reap whatever benefits they may have to offer.

Eternal afterlife seems to be one of the most popular rewards of affiliating with a certain type of group.

People who don't understand it are people who have never been a part of anything and like it that way.

Hail *NOR/ WoW CT <==== My World of Warcraft Affiliation. I am retired.
Hail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #36
LostIncMCBear
Chairman Houston COC

Bike(s):
'11 Road Glide
'07 Low Rider
Custom Chopper

Seems like a lot of misconceptions out there. There are bad apples in every group. We are all like minded in most regards. We want to ride our bikes, have good times, defend our liberties and freedoms that our forefathers fought and died for, end profiling by law enforcement, make motorist aware of our presence to share the road, end the unjust decisions handed down by judges for killing bikers on the road, promote unity, and ride the wind. Its all about preserving our lifestyle so generations to come can enjoy the same passion we have for riding our motorcycles and feeling the freedom of the road.
With respect,
Lost Inc MC Bear
LostIncMCBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #37
ST675
01101000 01101001

Bike(s):
lots of bikes from 80cc to 1200cc
Current : ZX11
KX80

LOL I am starting a MC club called the Lone Rider, sanctioned and approved by the higher power of me. All other clubs need to report to me or fear the pain of flat tires!..... er I mean for a small yearly fee of $49.99 you can wear the "LR" logo on your jacket and I can help make sure you don't get flat tires while driving within the houston area.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #38
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 10+

Honestly I don't know the "who" but am more interested in the "what" and the fact that it seems to be accepted on this "forum" that is open to all MC enthusiest as long as you keep a semi civil tone.

Are the brothers on streached Busa's recogized? I know they fly colors on their gear. How about the fat old farts on their gold wings?

The dues, what do they go for? Honestly, I stay pretty plugged into the news and have never heard of a CoC lobbying group Federal, State or Local.

I agree all the cloak and dagger is very off putting. If someone or a organazation isn't very forth coming about the why and whats there is usually
a reason. It may be for nothing more then guys who want to live out their
Sons of Anarchy fanticy but still it's odd.

Anywho, live and let live I suppose. Hence the reason I'm not much of a
"joiner"....

cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #39
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostIncMCBear View Post
Seems like a lot of misconceptions out there. There are bad apples in every group. We are all like minded in most regards. We want to ride our bikes, have good times, defend our liberties and freedoms that our forefathers fought and died for, end profiling by law enforcement, make motorist aware of our presence to share the road, end the unjust decisions handed down by judges for killing bikers on the road, promote unity, and ride the wind. Its all about preserving our lifestyle so generations to come can enjoy the same passion we have for riding our motorcycles and feeling the freedom of the road.
With respect,
Lost Inc MC Bear
I wish there were a 'LIKE' button on this forum. I don't want to join but I like what you said.
Hail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #40
ST675
01101000 01101001

Bike(s):
lots of bikes from 80cc to 1200cc
Current : ZX11
KX80

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostIncMCBear View Post
..... end the unjust decisions handed down by judges for killing bikers on the road......

With respect,
Lost Inc MC Bear
Examples? what have you done to end the decisions? what decisions and How did the judges kill a biker?

Being part of the MC community this is a serious question....

Advertisement