MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #21
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Heck, you want a good little road
With all kinds of mixed up, chopped up corners, mid-corner bumps and dips and just flat fun?

Hit Old San Antonio Rd from 290 just E of Fredericksburg, to 473 west of Sisterdale

Be advised, headed South there is at LEAST one mid-corner bump followed by a dip that will get you some air...

Just an FYI !!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The road to lime creek bttran Events, Meets and Rides 25 03-29-2011 11:57 AM
Shouldn't have...but did *Lime Creek Rd* thegeneric General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 11-10-2009 11:18 AM
2 Sportbikers from Cypress killed on Lime Creek Rd... dhdrider General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 06-21-2009 08:05 PM
lime creek(austin texas) Whorenet Events, Meets and Rides 11 11-26-2007 07:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #22
eltejano
I smell pretty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
The best part of Lime Creek isn't that populated, but it is all slow, tight corners with odd cambers and occasional sand.

You can have plenty of fun without hauling down the straights.

It isnt that populated where the curves are but it is right after and a lot more people use that road than before.

It used to be that you could run that road 3 or 4 times and not see another vehicle other than bikes. No longer the case.

People DO get in trouble picking up the pace on a few straights only to find that they are coming in too hot on a curve. And there is a notorious decreasing radius on a sweeper that gets a lot of people.

I went down that road in my Cherokee and was amazed how long it is and how long it took me to drive through it I never knew it was that long and you can actually see the lake from it. ALl these years and I had never gonw through it slow.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #23
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
With all kinds of mixed up, chopped up corners, mid-corner bumps and dips and just flat fun?

Hit Old San Antonio Rd from 290 just E of Fredericksburg, to 473 west of Sisterdale

Be advised, headed South there is at LEAST one mid-corner bump followed by a dip that will get you some air...

Just an FYI !!

That road is NOT for the timid. There are a few low water bridges that are covered by loose gravel and it is ROUGH. Last time I hit it was a few years ago and we didnt see another car going down a back. No one goes down that road and it shows the neglect.
tejano? Rape me
Old 05-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #24
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
The best part of Lime Creek isn't that populated, but it is all slow, tight corners with odd cambers and occasional sand.

You can have plenty of fun without hauling down the straights.

We had a blast on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I've been told to stay away from Lime Creek just simply because it's dangerous, unpredictable and full of stupid drivers.
You've been told wrong and missed out on an awesome road.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #25
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

i have fun on it everytime I am near austin. I ride it about twice a month.

When i lived in san marcos, I would ride it at least once or twice a week.

Last time I was there, the cops were getting pretty bad. but then again there was a big accident the day before so obviously they would step up patrols.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #26
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Last time I rode it, we were eating at the BBQ place on 620 and a few cops rolled up on us.

They said they were going to go eat at the County Line for some occasion and that there wouldnt be any cops patroling for the next few hours. Said, have fun on Lime Creek, dont ride like dicks and dont crash.

He then said if he got a call about reckless riders or an accident and he had to leave his lunch, he was going to make life for us and he took note of our plates.

We went and had our fun but kept it cool, you dont always get a free pass like that and didnt wanna it up. We rode that road for all of the 2 hours.
tejano? Rape me
Old 05-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #27
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Not sure when the last time you went but its pretty clean now. Repaved even.
Seems like it was a little over a year ago. It appeared to have been recently repaved. They poured tar and dropped the gravel on it. Some never stuck and some was just pulled up.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #28
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

I was there 2 weeks ago, riding it 4x, and yes I rode in full leathers/track gear. I hung off the bike but I already knew that there's no way or point to getting a knee down on that road...it's challenging because it's slow. IMO, it's more fun in a car than on a bike...one of the few roads I can say that about.

I found 2222 on the way to Lime Creek much more entertaining.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #29
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

We found several roads around LC to be more fun
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #30
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
I was there 2 weeks ago, riding it 4x, and yes I rode in full leathers/track gear. I hung off the bike but I already knew that there's no way or point to getting a knee down on that road...it's challenging because it's slow. IMO, it's more fun in a car than on a bike...one of the few roads I can say that about.

I found 2222 on the way to Lime Creek much more entertaining.
Oh, there are plenty of knee dragging opportunities. I drag knee and I dont even try on those tight corners.
tejano? Rape me
Old 05-15-2011, 12:54 AM   #31
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
That road is NOT for the timid. There are a few low water bridges that are covered by loose gravel and it is ROUGH. Last time I hit it was a few years ago and we didnt see another car going down a back. No one goes down that road and it shows the neglect.
It was actually pretty clean last month. No gravel. Road surface is a bit rough but about average for that area...
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #32
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

I can't even knee-drag at the track yet.

I'm certainly not going to try that at Lime Creek which I ride VERY VERY frequently. I do enjoy spirited riding but not THAT spirited. Even then, all my spirited riding is done alone or now at the track.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #33
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:

Just an FYI !!

I've heard stories of a cop that lives around there And was busting people out there too. Heads up
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #34
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I can't even knee-drag at the track yet.

I'm certainly not going to try that at Lime Creek which I ride VERY VERY frequently. I do enjoy spirited riding but not THAT spirited. Even then, all my spirited riding is done alone or now at the track.
DONT try to knee drag there, it WILL end badly eventually. One of the 180 turns really dives down a good 20 feet and then back up. Well, I have bottomed my suspension at full lean once and cantilevered my bike with my boot and picked the rear up off the ground and sent me off the road. I was able to save it but if you got stock pegs and are hitting them turns hard, be ready to lift you boot off the peg. Never had the problem with rear sets, though, just stock.

But then again I have ridden that road more times than I have brushed my teeth. One of those roads I can almost close my eyes and ride like TWS (Texas World Speedway), I know every little bump and crack in that track.

I have scooped up many a rider on that road. and have seen some gruesome crashes. Next time you go, stop at any corner but stop to where you can see any traffic coming when you get back on. Anyway, do it and look around and see how many bike parts you find, you will be surprised.
tejano? Rape me
Old 05-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #35
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
It was actually pretty clean last month. No gravel. Road surface is a bit rough but about average for that area...
Cool cause last time I went it was bad.
tejano? Rape me

Advertisement